Do we have any homeschoolers here?

Mom Talk is a group for moms to come for advice and should be looked at as a more supportive community than Mom Confessions. Those who aren’t here for drama but want to connect with other moms or have questions about parenting can hang out here.
CannotCount
It’s Misspelt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

What’s your homeschooling style?

We started out as unschoolers but we’ve been moving towards more structure using the Build Your Library curriculum as a framework.
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I do not, but I'm curious as to how you guys build curricula and such.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
Yipes-Stripes
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Not exactly homeschool, but my daughter started online school in March.
CannotCount
It’s Misspelt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

admin wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:47 am I do not, but I'm curious as to how you guys build curricula and such.
I just bought a base curriculum that I work off of. We use living books for the most part. We have to mish-mash everything together because we are Canadian and Atheists. Our math program is the same one the schools use here.

Resources I use are:
https://welltrainedmind.com
http://buildyourlibrary.com
http://amblesideonline.org
https://thecanadianhomeschooler.com/can ... ing-books/
CannotCount
It’s Misspelt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yipes-Stripes wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:38 am Not exactly homeschool, but my daughter started online school in March.
What grade level is she? How is she liking it?
I did online for a portion of my high school.
beamingtorch
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

This year was our last year homeschooking, i just can't do it anymore, my mental well being and some health issues is forcung me to go back to oubkuc, but I've homeschooled for 4 years now and my kids enjoyed it. We didnt have a set style we used, we just did schooling when we wanted to and at our own pace.
Yipes-Stripes
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

CannotCount wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:51 am
Yipes-Stripes wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:38 am Not exactly homeschool, but my daughter started online school in March.
What grade level is she? How is she liking it?
I did online for a portion of my high school.
7th. She's liking it a lot! It definitely beats the daily fight over going to school we'd been having prior to this
CannotCount
It’s Misspelt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Urbanhomeschooler wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:24 pm I am. I have three kids. I want a full curriculum. We did well on our first review but I want a really good boxed set.
I don’t use a boxed set myself, are you looking for secular or Christian based material?
Have you ever checked out Timberdoodle? I love the stuff on that site it has packages and a plan but it costs so much to ship to Canada I can’t justify ordering it.
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I have homeschooled for a long time, mostly building my own curriculum. My oldest is a college graduate now, and my middle child is graduating high school next week. Youngest kid is still in high school. None of my kids have ever been to traditional school.
CannotCount
It’s Misspelt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Iffrinn wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:01 pm I have homeschooled for a long time, mostly building my own curriculum. My oldest is a college graduate now, and my middle child is graduating high school next week. Youngest kid is still in high school. None of my kids have ever been to traditional school.
Congrats on your graduates!

That’s not very common to have homeschooled all the way through. What made you decide to homeschool?

My children are only 3rd and 1st grade and we decided to homeschool before they were school aged.
Locked Previous topicNext topic