I am not going anywhere cold for the holidays

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I hate the cold. If it is below 50 I am freezing. My mom and sister want me to come visit them in Colorado. There is no what that is going to happen. I dont like cold, I dont like show, I dont like being uncomfortable. The kids and I go to visit them every year for spring break and for a few weeks over the summer but I draw the line at going there over the winter.

We went one year to go skiing and the kids and I were all miserable the whole time. If my kids wanted to go I wouldnt mind sending them out but they dont and I am not going to force it. Not everyone likes snow and that is okay. I just wish my mom and sister would understand that.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:58 pm I hate the cold. If it is below 50 I am freezing. My mom and sister want me to come visit them in Colorado. There is no what that is going to happen. I dont like cold, I dont like show, I dont like being uncomfortable. The kids and I go to visit them every year for spring break and for a few weeks over the summer but I draw the line at going there over the winter.

We went one year to go skiing and the kids and I were all miserable the whole time. If my kids wanted to go I wouldnt mind sending them out but they dont and I am not going to force it. Not everyone likes snow and that is okay. I just wish my mom and sister would understand that.
Congratulations?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I didn't completely read your post and I was about to say, "Just go! It's the best place to be at Christmas!" But then, I read the rest of your post.

If you and the kids are going to be miserable there, it's best that you don't go. I understand that not everyone likes snow.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:58 pm I hate the cold. If it is below 50 I am freezing. My mom and sister want me to come visit them in Colorado. There is no what that is going to happen. I dont like cold, I dont like show, I dont like being uncomfortable. The kids and I go to visit them every year for spring break and for a few weeks over the summer but I draw the line at going there over the winter.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

To each their own. As for me, very few things in life are as wonderful as freshly fallen snow, and the Northern Lights. There is something magical about walking out side at 5pm and driving home with the northern lights in the sky. I am far more miserable in heat, and humidity than cold.

In any case, it's your money, your time and your decision. Holidays can be rough enough without making it worst on yourself
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

I’m like 95% sure we did this exact post on CM.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When I moved out of MN I told everyone that the only things that would bring me back in winter are a wedding or a funeral.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t blame you. I can’t wait to be a snowbird, lol.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I would love a White Christmas.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s going to be rainy and 35 for TOT tomorrow. Don’t come to Pennsylvania either...
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pssh.. I wouldn't either. I don't even like the 60's so anything colder than that is a hard pass from me..and snow? Nope. I don't do snow if I can help it. I keep telling DH we need to expat to the Caribbean so the weather is nice year round ( except for hurricanes)..unfortunately, it's too far from my mom, inlaws and when the girls move out it will be too far from them too. *sigh*
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic