I Miss My Brother

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:08 am How are you today?
I'm better, thanks. I guess I had to grieve him this weekend. I've been grieving him in spurts. Life has to go on, ya' know?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am so sorry for your loss. There are 13 years between my sister and I and when we were little, we didn't have any kind of relationship. Now that I am older, I couldn't imagine being without her. We lost our mother this past April and I just can't talk about it. But I know the pain.

Take comfort that he was in your life, made you smile, laugh and love.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:53 pm I am so sorry for your loss. There are 13 years between my sister and I and when we were little, we didn't have any kind of relationship. Now that I am older, I couldn't imagine being without her. We lost our mother this past April and I just can't talk about it. But I know the pain.

Take comfort that he was in your life, made you smile, laugh and love.
I'm honestly not there yet. The last 6 months of his life just keep hitting my in the face like sledge hammer. That's all I see, my little brother, gaunt, frail, and stooped over, shuffling down the hall. I wish I could get past that image.
DeleteAccount
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. You are a wonderful sister, and I guarantee he watching over you now.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

MountainMomma3 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:46 pm I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. You are a wonderful sister, and I guarantee he watching over you now.
Thank you for your kind words.
DeleteAccount
Countess
Countess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:19 pm
MountainMomma3 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:46 pm I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. You are a wonderful sister, and I guarantee he watching over you now.
Thank you for your kind words.
You're welcome.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So sorry for your loss. We lost my dear husband to esophageal cancer five years ago at the beginning of March. I always wish I'd been able to do more for him so maybe that's just part of the grieving and healing process. Even when you know there is a good chance your dear one will lose the fight you still have to hope for the best and you are never fully prepared to say goodbye. You will never forget him but eventually you will remember the good times more than the bad. Talk to us-it will help.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Yesterday morning I got up and walked down the hall to let Gracie into the back bedroom where my brother's other two cats were so I could start getting everyone's breakfast together. I opened the door and I smelled pot. The good pot smell of my college years, not that skunk shit he smoked when he was alive. I guess he was visiting with his babies. When I came back with everyone's breakfast, the smell was gone.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m so sorry for your loss and I send you hugs and good thoughts.
I’m going through something similar right now, my brother has brain cancer and just yesterday the doctors told us that it probably would be best to stop the chemo because it’s not working. So we’re all looking at months or years of waiting, but I now know that I’ll lose my older brother. He was always my rock, when I was little and had nightmares or was afraid, I always woke him up and asked him if he let me sleep in his room. He always said yes. I’m heartbroken and destroyed. Part of me is still in denial and hoping for a miracle. I keep looking at the pictures when we were both little. He a.ways took care of me, now I have to take care of him.
My parents are devastated, of course. I can’t imagine being in their shoes. They look to us for answers and comfort because we’re the religious ones in the family, but I really cannot offers much comfort. I know we will all be devastated when the inevitable happens, angry and sad. But ultimately we’ll have to get through it and find beauty and happiness in life again. I’m hoping that’s where we can be an example to our family. It saddens me that he’ll probably won’t see his kids married, won’t know his grandchildren, but we’ll keep his memory alive.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:31 pm I’m so sorry for your loss and I send you hugs and good thoughts.
I’m going through something similar right now, my brother has brain cancer and just yesterday the doctors told us that it probably would be best to stop the chemo because it’s not working. So we’re all looking at months or years of waiting, but I now know that I’ll lose my older brother. He was always my rock, when I was little and had nightmares or was afraid, I always woke him up and asked him if he let me sleep in his room. He always said yes. I’m heartbroken and destroyed. Part of me is still in denial and hoping for a miracle. I keep looking at the pictures when we were both little. He a.ways took care of me, now I have to take care of him.
My parents are devastated, of course. I can’t imagine being in their shoes. They look to us for answers and comfort because we’re the religious ones in the family, but I really cannot offers much comfort. I know we will all be devastated when the inevitable happens, angry and sad. But ultimately we’ll have to get through it and find beauty and happiness in life again. I’m hoping that’s where we can be an example to our family. It saddens me that he’ll probably won’t see his kids married, won’t know his grandchildren, but we’ll keep his memory alive.
Thank you. I'm sad you have to take this journey too. It sucks. All of it. A day doesn't go by that I don't tell him how much I miss him. Have lots of conversations now while you have that chance. Make sure you guys get to really talk, especially about his last wishes. We really didn't do that. My job was to focus on his healing and recovery. I did at least make sure that I told him every day that I loved him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic