Well, yesterday was my birthday

Reedusstalker

Unread post

And it is my second one without my mom and dad. I was so not feeling up days leading up to it. Yesterday was a pretty good day. It stormed, which it always does on my birthday so my husband had a rain day and was home. My BM and one of my brothers came over. They brought me coffee and donuts and a card. We got a package from a friend in Leeds. She sent me crumpets because I always wanted to try them.

I spent the day on the couch, reading Salem's Lot, watching a new zombie movie I had bought and just relaxed. It was just how I wanted it. Today, though, I am struggling. I just feel blah.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Happy birthday, sorry for your loss.
SissyAnn141
Commoner
Commoner

Unread post

Happy Late Birthday.
My mom died in 2012 3 days before my birthday.

Not a day goes by that i do not miss her.
DeleteAccount
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Happy late birthday. I am sorry for your losses. I hope you are doing better today.
mnm1994
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Happy Belated Birthday. I’m so sorry that your mom and dad were not there with you. It was so nice of your family and friends to support you. Sometimes we can only do our best and that is what you are doing. Hugs.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Happy belated... I am sorry for your loss. It is a lot harder than I ever imagined it would be to lose my mom. hugs.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Losing a parent creates such a void. <HUGS> I hope you had a lovely day.
Seashell77
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:42 am And it is my second one without my mom and dad. I was so not feeling up days leading up to it. Yesterday was a pretty good day. It stormed, which it always does on my birthday so my husband had a rain day and was home. My BM and one of my brothers came over. They brought me coffee and donuts and a card. We got a package from a friend in Leeds. She sent me crumpets because I always wanted to try them.

I spent the day on the couch, reading Salem's Lot, watching a new zombie movie I had bought and just relaxed. It was just how I wanted it. Today, though, I am struggling. I just feel blah.
I just saw this now. Happy belated birthday. It's really hard going through birthdays not long after a parent(s) have passed. I went through that with both my parents when I was a teen and then again in my 20's. I still miss them very much and still wish they could help me celebrate my birthday. I do have very nice memories and that helps.

It sounds like you had a very nice birthday and were able to share it with those close to you. How were the crumpets? I heard of them, but never had them either. I think it's understandable that you felt blah the following day. Grieving takes time and it's still fairly recent losses. Big hugs.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

HUGS you are not alone my friend. Happy Birthday.
Locked Previous topicNext topic