Grief That Lasts a Lifetime

DeleteAccount
Countess
Countess

Unread post

It seems that no matter how long your loved one has been gone, the grief will hit you in waves. I lost my brother to suicide June 8, 2010. It's been 8 years, and it still slaps me in the face on occasion. I am not, nor probably never will be the same as I was before we lost him. I think grief is just something we learn to make room for.
Aislinn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I lost my best friend 19 years ago. Tears are rolling as I write this. I completely understand where you are coming from. Rose Kennedy said it best...
"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."

I'm truly sorry for your loss. Hugs...
Deleted User 670

Unread post

MountainMomma3 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:10 am It seems that no matter how long your loved one has been gone, the grief will hit you in waves. I lost my brother to suicide June 8, 2010. It's been 8 years, and it still slaps me in the face on occasion. I am not, nor probably never will be the same as I was before we lost him. I think grief is just something we learn to make room for.
I hope it gets better over time. I know for some it remains raw and fresh. Queen Victoria stayed in mourning for the rest of her life after she lost her husband.
DeleteAccount
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Aislinn wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:17 am I lost my best friend 19 years ago. Tears are rolling as I write this. I completely understand where you are coming from. Rose Kennedy said it best...
"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."

I'm truly sorry for your loss. Hugs...
I had no idea you replied to the post. I am so sorry I didn't reply back. Thank you. You put it perfectly. I am very sorry for your loss as well.
DeleteAccount
Countess
Countess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:40 pm
MountainMomma3 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:10 am It seems that no matter how long your loved one has been gone, the grief will hit you in waves. I lost my brother to suicide June 8, 2010. It's been 8 years, and it still slaps me in the face on occasion. I am not, nor probably never will be the same as I was before we lost him. I think grief is just something we learn to make room for.
I hope it gets better over time. I know for some it remains raw and fresh. Queen Victoria stayed in mourning for the rest of her life after she lost her husband.
Thank you. It does get to where it isn't as sharp and up front as often, but it never goes away.
SissyAnn141
Commoner
Commoner

Unread post

I agree it never goes away but the grief does get better.

It also teaches us to hold our relationships with care and appreciation.
mnm1994
Villein
Villein

Unread post

You’re absolutely right. We will always love our loved ones no matter how much time has gone by. It’s so hard not to be able to just pick up the phone and talk to them whenever you want. This is how I feel about my mom all the time.
I’m very sorry for your loss.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

I'm so sorry. We lost our first grandson in a traumatic accident almost nine years ago now, and it still takes my breath away sometimes. *** Hugs *** I hope you find peace in happy memories.
DeleteAccount
Countess
Countess

Unread post

mnm1994 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:44 am You’re absolutely right. We will always love our loved ones no matter how much time has gone by. It’s so hard not to be able to just pick up the phone and talk to them whenever you want. This is how I feel about my mom all the time.
I’m very sorry for your loss.
I'm very sorry for your loss as well. I still get the urge to call my loved ones as well, and it's a hard habit to break. ❤
DeleteAccount
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:52 pm
I'm so sorry. We lost our first grandson in a traumatic accident almost nine years ago now, and it still takes my breath away sometimes. *** Hugs *** I hope you find peace in happy memories.
Oh, I'm so sorry. I couldn't imagine what you and your family have been through. I wish you all peace as well. Thank you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic