Arkansas Governor signs new executive law to protect women.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Arkansas Governor signs new executive law to protect women.

Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders signed the new order in response to Biden’s TITLE IX changes that added protections for transgender athletes.

The new law states:

“Students must not be forced to shower or undress with members of the opposite S*x.

Female students must not be denied equal athletic opportunities or forced to risk their safety by having biological males placed into female-designated sports leagues.”
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

I'm so tired of this country. The fear mongering is always in inverse proportion to the actual "threat".
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:46 pm I'm so tired of this country. The fear mongering is always in inverse proportion to the actual "threat".
This isn’t fear mongering…it’s fairness in sports.

Women who have spent their entire lives training in a specific sport and become the best out of those women shouldn’t have to lose scholarships because a person that used to be a man is physically bigger, stronger and faster.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Slimshandy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:53 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:46 pm I'm so tired of this country. The fear mongering is always in inverse proportion to the actual "threat".

Women who have spent their entire lives training in a specific sport and become the best out of those women shouldn’t have to lose scholarships because a person that used to be a man is physically bigger, stronger and faster.
Trans kids are a very small portion of the population and an even smaller portion of the sports-playing kids. Trans kids are at far bigger risk due to being ostracized, excluded, and othered than girls sports are from having someone on the team who *might* be bigger.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Can you cite an example of this happening?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:03 pm

Trans kids are a very small portion of the population and an even smaller portion of the sports-playing kids. Trans kids are at far bigger risk due to being ostracized, excluded, and othered than girls sports are from having someone on the team who *might* be bigger.
Bigger, stronger, faster…. So in order to be more fair to trans people, women have to take a backseat.

We can see this happening in Women’s swimming, basketball, wrestling, golf, cycling… the list goes on.

Just, as a beginning point to this conversation, do you know why women’s sports and men’s sports were separate to begin with?
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Slimshandy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:09 pm

Bigger, stronger, faster…. So in order to be more fair to trans people, women have to take a backseat.

We can see this happening in Women’s swimming, basketball, wrestling, golf, cycling… the list goes on.

Just, as a beginning point to this conversation, do you know why women’s sports and men’s sports were separate to begin with?
You are saying that like it's true 100% of the time. My friend's kid is Trans, m to f. She's scrawny. If she went up against some of the farm girls I played softball will, she's at no advantage at all.
Della
Princess
Princess

I don't see how that really "protects" women. It's more pandering to the base.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:07 pm

Can you cite an example of this happening?
https://www.newsweek.com/women-sport-tr ... es-1810782

Twenty-seven times during my high school career, all four years, I had to return to the line and settle into blocks next to first one, then two biologically male athletes to run a race that everyone knew wasn't fair.
I lost podium spots, awards, recognition, and four state championship titles during my junior year—the time when it was most crucial for college recruitment.

https://www.cato.org/regulation/fall-20 ... lic-policy

This has resulted in their school records being eclipsed as well as the loss of scholarships and state championships.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/four-lo ... nities.amp

Selina Soule, Alanna Smith, and Ashley Nicoletti — all likewise have been denied medals, placements or advancement opportunities because of the male athletes competing in our events.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:16 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:09 pm

You are saying that like it's true 100% of the time. My friend's kid is Trans, m to f. She's scrawny. If she went up against some of the farm girls I played softball will, she's at no advantage at all.
So if your friends’ kid is scrawny, does that mean males don’t have a physical advantage over women in sports that they have trained their whole life for?

The question remains…
Why do they separate mens sports from womens sports?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic