Violence erupts at UCLA protests, prompting police response

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:44 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:43 pm
SallyMae wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:40 pm What do you want to see? I mean, supposing this issue was settled in the best possible way tomorrow. What would that look like?
The first step in stopping the fighting would be releasing all hostages…
Anything else? Supposing this ends exactly as you think it should for all concerned. What does that look like?
That’s a tricky question…

You want the rainbows and glitter answer where everyone goes free and they all live in peace from now on, skipping along while singing songs of love?

Or you want the most logical answer of what would have to happen based on the historical realities behind how humans behave?
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:59 pm

Anything else? Supposing this ends exactly as you think it should for all concerned. What does that look like?

You want the rainbows and glitter answer where everyone goes free and they all live in peace from now on, skipping along while singing songs of love?

Or you want the most logical answer of what would have to happen based on the historical realities behind how humans behave?
What do you think should happen, for the best chance for the future for all concerned?
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Okay, perhaps that was too much to ask. I really didn't mean to shut you down. I'm very interested in hearing the two scenarios you would like to describe - what is the rainbow and glitter outcome you would like to see, and what is the most logical answer that you think will have to happen? Thanks.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:40 pm What do you want to see? I mean, supposing this issue was settled in the best possible way tomorrow. What would that look like?
And the next step is what?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:44 pm
Releasing the hostages!
And then what should happen?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No one with any sense of reality is expecting rainbows and glitter.

What is your logical answer?
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:10 pm

Okay, perhaps that was too much to ask. I really didn't mean to shut you down. I'm very interested in hearing the two scenarios you would like to describe - what is the rainbow and glitter outcome you would like to see, and what is the most logical answer that you think will have to happen? Thanks.
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to ignore it, I just had to go make dinner and got lost in replies

The rainbows and glitter way is all the hostages being let go, both sides deciding to be nice to each other again and all the fighting stopped, with both countries ending all violence. That would be great, but I don’t see that realistically happening.

The most logical answer is one side has to compromise a lot more than they’ve been willing to so far, and I don’t think Palestine is in a position where they can logistically win this war the way they would want, so they’re going to have to 1) give up all hostages and 2) take out all of hamas From power. If we look at the past and how all the other wars ended, Israel will have to have a say in who the next powers that be end up ruling Palestine.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If I may butt in, Hamas surrendering. Seriously, this war would end today if Hamas 1) releases the hostages and 2) surrenders. Why is nobody demanding that from them and instead focus on demanding a ceasefire that they already admitted they would break when they get a chance? Why the stubborn determination of finding something-anything- to make Israel the villain instead of a TERRORIST organization?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:35 pm If I may butt in, Hamas surrendering. Seriously, this war would end today if Hamas 1) releases the hostages and 2) surrenders. Why is nobody demanding that from them and instead focus on demanding a ceasefire that they already admitted they would break when they get a chance? Why the stubborn determination of finding something-anything- to make Israel the villain instead of a TERRORIST organization?
I don't disagree, but what then? Supposing this ends in the best way possible, what do you want to see? One state? Two states? Do you want Palestinians to leave? Do you want them to stay and have equal rights? What is your vision of sustainable peace? Thanks.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Then there can be some talk about two states. At this point it’s impossible. You can’t negotiate with someone who only wants you dead, you have nothing to bring to the negotiating table except your death. For years Israel was open to a 2 state solution and even tried multiple times to form a palestinian state. Palestinian leaders rejected each and every offer. And twice the offers were practically all of the palestinian demands. With Arafat at Camp David, Israel even agreed to give East Jerusalem as the Palestinian capital, to leave the whole of Gaza and 98% of the West Bank, but give some compensatory land for that 2%, where important Israeli cities were located. There were more concessions like that, practically all of Arafat’s demands. He just said “no”, didn’t give an explanation. Same scenario in 2008 with Abbas. 2005 Israel unilaterally withdrew from Gaza leaving behind all the infrastructure for the palestinians to use. At the time, the region of Gaza was an important exporter of agricultural products. They had the streets, houses, factories, farms, beaches. They just had to settle in and use the humanitarIan aid provided to make it all start working. What did they choose to do? Destroy everything because it was made by Jews and elect a terrorist organization as their government.
So it’s very clear that palestinians don’t want a two state solution. They don’t want a state if it doesn’t come with the destruction of Israel. And their leaders- Hamas and the PA don’t want independent, productive, prosperous palestinians because the moment that happens, they lose their excuse to attack and demonize Israel.
Really impossible to reach a two state solution with this mentality. It will take at least 2 generation of de indoctrination to be able to do it. Which is also not something that’s coming because the U.N, through UNRWA, has been indoctrinating palestinians to destroy Israel for 75 years and as you can obviously see, the U.N is now very much in bed with radical Islam.
So what’s for Israel to do? Look after herself. What comes next it’s up to the world if they choose to side with peace or with terrorism. 🤷🏼‍♀️ But in the meantime, Israel has to fight for her existence and destroy Hamas.
SallyMae wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:57 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:35 pm If I may butt in, Hamas surrendering. Seriously, this war would end today if Hamas 1) releases the hostages and 2) surrenders. Why is nobody demanding that from them and instead focus on demanding a ceasefire that they already admitted they would break when they get a chance? Why the stubborn determination of finding something-anything- to make Israel the villain instead of a TERRORIST organization?
I don't disagree, but what then? Supposing this ends in the best way possible, what do you want to see? One state? Two states? Do you want Palestinians to leave? Do you want them to stay and have equal rights? What is your vision of sustainable peace? Thanks.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic