Debunking the myth that anti-Zionism is antisemitic

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh, and I must add, I didn’t write this, I never pretended I did. It’s from the World Jewish Congress. I posted the link in my post. I just summarized it.

https://www.worldjewishcongress.org/en/anti-zionism
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:52 pm
Della wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:37 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:21 pm [b][size=150]https://www.worldjewishco ... /size][/b]

“Why anti-Zionism is a form of antisemitism”

“Anti-Zionism denies Jews their right to self-defense

Anti-Zionism denies the historical connection of the Jewish people to the Land of Israel

Anti-Zionism perpetuates false accusations about Jews and Israelis

Anti-Zionism is used as a tool to ignore blatant anti-Jewish hatred

Anti-Zionism and its inherent demonization of Jews leads to violence” (WellPreseved, these last 2 are for you)
Written by you, for you...of course. Just like the OLD TESTAMENT.
Do you understand what Christians are talking about when they say “Old Testament and New Testament “?

Jewish people don’t call it the Old Testament…
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:17 pm I’m actually pro palestine as well. I truly wish there was a palestinian state living peacefully alongside Israel. That would be perfection.
But I’m a realist and I know it’s not possible while Hamas and the PA are controlling them. The first step to achieving peace is to end that situation and unfortunately, the head of the snake is Iran. As long as the Islamic Republic controls Iran, peace won’t be possible. If the world truly wants the region to have some semblance of peace, they will join together in bringing down the Islamic Republic. Unfortunately, other interests interfere.
AZOldGal66 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:15 pm
Della wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:54 pm

ANYONE who disagrees with the politics and business of Israel is an anti semite to you. You have practically admitted it.

That resolution is a ridiculous joke.

The only reason anyone here stands for Israel is because of a ridiculous interpretation of Scripture that even Jews don't believe. Or perhaps you can finally show them where in the Jewish Bible God returned the land to the Jews. Yes, please do!

We're waiting 😉
I stand for Israel as I do Palestine. It's not a one or the other situation for me, personally.

Too, having Jewish people on both sides of my family, both past and present, gives me a sense of kinship.
Are you against Jewish settlements on the land mandated for Palestine?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:21 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:58 pm
Della wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:53 pm

Why don't you explain it for us?
The words Old/New refer to Jesus, before him and after.
For Jewish people, Jesus isn’t the messiah. So there’s no old and new, there’s the Torah/Tanakh .
What do each the Torah & Tanakh have in common with the Old Testament? Where did the Christians get the OT?
What is the Torah?

The Torah is the Jewish holy book containing the law of God as Moses received it. It consists of five books: Bereshith, Shemot, VaYikra, BaMidbar, and Devarim (the Hebrew names of the books). These five books are exactly the same as the first five books of the Christian Bible, with the English names of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. They are also called the Pentateuch.

https://study.com/academy/lesson/tanakh ... ir%20lives.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:03 pm

For Jewish people, Jesus isn’t the messiah. So there’s no old and new, there’s the Torah/Tanakh .
What do each the Torah & Tanakh have in common with the Old Testament? Where did the Christians get the OT?
What is the Torah?

The Torah is the Jewish holy book containing the law of God as Moses received it. It consists of five books: Bereshith, Shemot, VaYikra, BaMidbar, and Devarim (the Hebrew names of the books). These five books are exactly the same as the first five books of the Christian Bible, with the English names of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. They are also called the Pentateuch.

"When people mention the Jewish Bible, they usually refer to the Hebrew Bible or Tanakh. The term "Jewish Bible" is largely not preferred. The Hebrew Bible was originally written in Hebrew, with some small parts written in Aramaic. The main difference between the Torah vs. Tanakh is that the Torah is the first five books of the Hebrew Bible while the Tanakh is the whole Hebrew Bible."

(...)

"The Hebrew Bible is the sacred book of the Jews and is also called Tanakh. It contains the same books and information as the Old Testament of the Christian Bible, even though the order of the books is not exactly the same."

"There are many similarities between the Hebrew Bible and the Christian Old Testament. The Protestant Old Testament has the same books as the Hebrew Bible, but the books are arranged in different orders. The Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Oriental Orthodox churches include the Deuterocanonical books, which are not included in the Hebrew Bible.[8]"

(...)

"Christianity has long asserted a close relationship between the Hebrew Bible and New Testament.[66] In Protestant Bibles, the Old Testament is the same as the Hebrew Bible, but the books are arranged differently. Catholic Bibles and Eastern Orthodox Bibles contain books not included in the Hebrew Bible called Deuterocanonical books.[67] Protestant English Bibles originally included the Deuterocanonical books, which Protestants term the Apocrypha. These books were removed when a slimmed-down King James Version was mass-produced by free Bible societies out of cost considerations.[68]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Bible
306/232

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Exactly. And the Tanakh includes the subsequent books. It’s called “Tanakh” for the letters of each book: T for Torah, N for Neviim (Prophets) and K for Ketubim (writings), which includes Psalms, Megillot, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Lamentations, etc. We Jews love our acronyms 😁

What is the Torah?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes.
I don’t mean this in an attitudinal way- but are you adding information or disagreeing with something?
Della wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:01 pm

What is the Torah?

"When people mention the Jewish Bible, they usually refer to the Hebrew Bible or Tanakh. The term "Jewish Bible" is largely not preferred. The Hebrew Bible was originally written in Hebrew, with some small parts written in Aramaic. The main difference between the Torah vs. Tanakh is that the Torah is the first five books of the Hebrew Bible while the Tanakh is the whole Hebrew Bible."

(...)

"The Hebrew Bible is the sacred book of the Jews and is also called Tanakh. It contains the same books and information as the Old Testament of the Christian Bible, even though the order of the books is not exactly the same."

"There are many similarities between the Hebrew Bible and the Christian Old Testament. The Protestant Old Testament has the same books as the Hebrew Bible, but the books are arranged in different orders. The Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Oriental Orthodox churches include the Deuterocanonical books, which are not included in the Hebrew Bible.[8]"

(...)

"Christianity has long asserted a close relationship between the Hebrew Bible and New Testament.[66] In Protestant Bibles, the Old Testament is the same as the Hebrew Bible, but the books are arranged differently. Catholic Bibles and Eastern Orthodox Bibles contain books not included in the Hebrew Bible called Deuterocanonical books.[67] Protestant English Bibles originally included the Deuterocanonical books, which Protestants term the Apocrypha. These books were removed when a slimmed-down King James Version was mass-produced by free Bible societies out of cost considerations.[68]"

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:56 pm Yes.
I don’t mean this in an attitudinal way- but are you adding information or disagreeing with something?
Della wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:01 pm

What is the Torah?

(...)

(...)

Did you answer your own question?

"Do you understand what Christians are talking about when they say “Old Testament and New Testament “?"
306/232

AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:52 pm
AZOldGal66 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:06 pm In a class I recently took and completed on Israel, it was noted that not all Jews subscribe to Zionist beliefs and political rhetoric...

"Israel-Hamas war: What is Zionism? A history of the political movement that created Israel as we know it" https://theconversation.com/israel-hama ... -it-217788
"In short, Zionism does not preclude someone from being critical of the policies of the Israeli government."

What thoughts do you have having read that?
You can be against and opposed to the policies of the country you live in yet still believe the country has the right to exist.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And you can still be against certain policies and not hate he country and the people who live there or support it.
AZOldGal66 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:32 pm
AZOldGal66 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:06 pm In a class I recently took and completed on Israel, it was noted that not all Jews subscribe to Zionist beliefs and political rhetoric...

"Israel-Hamas war: What is Zionism? A history of the political movement that created Israel as we know it" https://theconversation.com/israel-hama ... -it-217788
"In short, Zionism does not preclude someone from being critical of the policies of the Israeli government."

You can be against and opposed to the policies of the country you live in yet still believe the country has the right to exist.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:32 pm

You agree that it's not anti semitism to disagree with political Israel. Thank you.

Any further thoughts on the origin of Zionist thought based on this information?
306/232

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic