Israel still has no proof of Unrwa terrorist claims – but damage to aid agency is done

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Unsupported Israeli allegations about Unrwa links to terrorism led major donors to cut $450m in funding to the main humanitarian agency working in Gaza at a time when people there were dying in droves.

Three months later, the situation has only worsened with the onset of a human-made famine on top of the bombing, the collapse of healthcare, the lack of water and a rise in epidemics. And despite a rigorous inquiry by the former French foreign minister Catherine Colonna, supported by three well-respected research institutes, there is still no evidence for the claim that significant numbers of Unrwa employees have Hamas or Islamic Jihad ties."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... ncy-dearly
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

UN accuses Israel of causing mass starvation, dehydration in Gaza

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-798285
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Germany to resume funding for UNRWA after probe
Europe's biggest economy announces it will once again cooperate with Palestinian refugee agency, citing probe that found Israeli claims against group lacked evidence

https://www.timesofisrael.com/germany-t ... ter-probe/
306/232

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Head of the Independent Review into UNRWA says the Guardian’s headline is misleading and that the report never says that there wasn’t sufficient evidence provided by Israel, just the UNRWA hasn’t received any evidence from Israel (and actually not entitled to it) because it was given to OÍOS.

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:42 pm Head of the Independent Review into UNRWA says the Guardian’s headline is misleading and that the report never says that there wasn’t sufficient evidence provided by Israel, just the UNRWA hasn’t received any evidence from Israel (and actually not entitled to it) because it was given to OÍOS.

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
I'm beginning to wonder if English is your third or fourth language.

"Colonna stressed that U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres appointed the independent review panel to review UNRWA’s neutrality — not to investigate Israeli allegations that 12 UNRWA staffers participated in the Oct. 7 attacks. Guterres ordered the U.N. internal watchdog, the Office of Internal Oversight Services, known as OIOS, to conduct a separate investigation into those Israeli allegations.

“It is a separate mission. And it is not in our mandate,” Colonna said. She also said it is not surprising that Israel did not provide evidence of its allegations to the refugee agency “because it doesn’t owe this evidence during the investigation to UNRWA but to the OIOS.”

U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric told reporters Monday the U,N. hopes to have an update from OIOS “in the coming days.” He said its investigators have been in contact with Israeli security services."
306/232

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic