Blocking traffic for a political protest…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Understandable to do?
Or understandable to drive through them?

( slowly, so they can move out of the way of course)
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A march that has legal permits, yes. A protest with legal permits that has, by volume extended, yes. A protest or March without permits no. No, a person shouldn’t drive through them regardless.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

People needing to go to work, take a child to school, go to a doctors appt or god forbid, need to get to a hospital....being inconvenienced by nimrods blocking them for a protest.

No, don't run them over but also no, I can't believe they do this sort of thing. Other places to protest vs being on and blocking the streets.

Water cannons might help...🧐🤔
just an old coot 😉🌵
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I think it's understandable but admit that my annoyance level would be based on what they are protesting, lol. I agree that the protest should be legally permitted and also agree that it's not acceptable to drive through.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Also, don't listen to this guy:

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nothing excuses blocking roads. You endanger people. You wanna bitch? Go in front of a government building or a politician’s home. But hey, the more they inconvenience people the less support they get, I’m OK with that. People will have enough of it someday and start taking matters into their own hands. That would be understandable as well 🤷🏼‍♀️
AZOldGal66 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:50 pm People needing to go to work, take a child to school, go to a doctors appt or god forbid, need to get to a hospital....being inconvenienced by nimrods blocking them for a protest.

No, don't run them over but also no, I can't believe they do this sort of thing. Other places to protest vs being on and blocking the streets.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:25 pm Nothing excuses blocking roads. You endanger people. You wanna bitch? Go in front of a government building or a politician’s home. But hey, the more they inconvenience people the less support they get, I’m OK with that. People will have enough of it someday and start taking matters into their own hands. That would be understandable as well 🤷🏼‍♀️
AZOldGal66 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:50 pm People needing to go to work, take a child to school, go to a doctors appt or god forbid, need to get to a hospital....being inconvenienced by nimrods blocking them for a protest.

When there are permits, blockades are put up and, in some cases, detours are planned. No different than other permitted events such as block parties, music festivals, car shows, sporting events, etc.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:43 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:25 pm Nothing excuses blocking roads. You endanger people. You wanna bitch? Go in front of a government building or a politician’s home. But hey, the more they inconvenience people the less support they get, I’m OK with that. People will have enough of it someday and start taking matters into their own hands. That would be understandable as well 🤷🏼‍♀️

When there are permits, blockades are put up and, in some cases, detours are planned. No different than other permitted events such as block parties, music festivals, car shows, sporting events, etc.
And in the case of small communities like mine, funeral processions which happen a few times a month.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Obviously that’s not the case here. And I doubt they give permits to block main roads leading to the airport or to block the Golden Gate Bridge. Permits are given to block some streets and, as you say, make sure that an alternate route is available. This isn’t the case.
People are being not only inconvenienced, they’ve been put at risk. But as I said, more and more people are getting pissed. My son travels tomorrow for Passover, but I’m not worried that these anarchists will prevent him from doing so. He’s in a red state, thank God!
Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:43 pm

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Did someone say water cannons?

😜

"Tens of thousands of Israelis thronged central Jerusalem on Sunday in the largest anti-government protest since the country went to war in October. Protesters urged the government to reach a cease-fire deal to free dozens of hostages held in Gaza by Hamas militants and to hold early elections."
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic