another day of not feeling unsafe because

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:53 pm
SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:38 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:26 pm

To be fair, this whole conversation went down the rabbit hole because you didn't realize that the post was satire, lol.
It had nothing to do with me not realizing it was satire…

It was me saying … actually… churches do get attacked.
Exactly.
This is like a SNL skit at this point…

Do you know what the satirical implication behind the article was?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:39 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:15 pm
SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:35 pm

No.
There’s no onus to ignore the minorities if they’re within the minority…that’s only something that would even be SUGGESTED when it comes to the world of conservative republicanism…

I’m not at all talking about only the south…

Evangelicals aren’t even the main Christian group, there’s plenty of Catholics …

The political voting party includes minorities… I’m not going to pretend it doesn’t and concede that only white people think this way…
I see what people are talking about a far as you moving the goal post and talking in circles.

You do not speak for how minorities think. You have absolutely ZERO say in that.
It is so bizarre that you would even imagine that I am trying to speak for how minorities think…

Nevermind.

This conversation is never going to go anywhere.
Jules just posted screenshots. You weren’t talking about just Republicans, so denying it comes off dishonest and manipulative.

This isn’t facilitating a productive conversation and yes you have spoken for minorities because you were speaking for Christians as a group.
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:06 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:15 pm

I see what people are talking about a far as you moving the goal post and talking in circles.

You do not speak for how minorities think. You have absolutely ZERO say in that.
It is so bizarre that you would even imagine that I am trying to speak for how minorities think…

Nevermind.

Jules just posted screenshots. You weren’t talking about just Republicans, so denying it comes off dishonest and manipulative.

This isn’t facilitating a productive conversation and yes you have spoken for minorities because you were speaking for Christians as a group.
This is why…

Right here.

She posted what I said, twice, the immediate replies right before I explained what I meant nine more times…NINE.

Someone can explain to you THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION what they are talking about, and you’re still not going to understand what they’re talking about…you’re the one twisting shit here to better fit your agenda, I’ve been consistent the entire post.

If you need to make this a conversation about minorities, you’ve lost what I’m even talking about to begin with.

You’re not going to get what I’m talking about when it comes to climate change… no chance.

Hats off to Sally though… no joke, she grasped the concept and the conversation was able to continue about how to better affect Christian republican efforts at preserving nature.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:01 pm
SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:38 pm

It had nothing to do with me not realizing it was satire…

It was me saying … actually… churches do get attacked.
Exactly.

That basically if a population is of a majority religion, they don't feel the need to apologize, defend, or be fearful of reprisal of acts perpetrated in the name of that religion. For example, Christians in our country feel justified in "requiring" Muslims to atone for the sins of ISIS and yet we don't require Christians to atone for the sins of "a devout Christian President of Russia [] bombing Ukraine". Adherents of a particular religion don't normally see faults or actions within that religion as being indicative of their religion: "speaking about the lunch he purchased on land stolen by his religious forefathers from the local Mi’kmaq people and paid for with his wages earned from the church responsible for rampant sexual abuse of minors since before Confederation" and in fact don't think about it. But people are quick to think about events that occur in the name of those minority religions to be indicative of that group as a whole.

Considering the timing of the article, I imagine it is particularly inspired by the rise of anti-semitism and islamophobia due to the war in Gaza.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:26 pm
SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:01 pm

Exactly.

That basically if a population is of a majority religion, they don't feel the need to apologize, defend, or be fearful of reprisal of acts perpetrated in the name of that religion. For example, Christians in our country feel justified in "requiring" Muslims to atone for the sins of ISIS and yet we don't require Christians to atone for the sins of "a devout Christian President of Russia [] bombing Ukraine". Adherents of a particular religion don't normally see faults or actions within that religion as being indicative of their religion: "speaking about the lunch he purchased on land stolen by his religious forefathers from the local Mi’kmaq people and paid for with his wages earned from the church responsible for rampant sexual abuse of minors since before Confederation" and in fact don't think about it. But people are quick to think about events that occur in the name of those minority religions to be indicative of that group as a whole.

Considering the timing of the article, I imagine it is particularly inspired by the need for Palestinians to apologize and die for the acts of Hamas but I'm just guessing.
Ok. So just taking that first sentence there-

That basically if a population is of a majority religion, they don't feel the need to …be fearful of reprisal of acts perpetrated in the name of that religion.

I was saying actually, they do.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:17 pm

Nevermind.

This is why…

Right here.

She posted what I said, twice, the immediate replies right before I explained what I meant nine more times…NINE.

Someone can explain to you THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION what they are talking about, and you’re still not going to understand what they’re talking about…you’re the one twisting shit here to better fit your agenda, I’ve been consistent the entire post.

If you need to make this a conversation about minorities, you’ve lost what I’m even talking about to begin with.

You’re not going to get what I’m talking about when it comes to climate change… no chance.

Hats off to Sally though… no joke, she grasped the concept and the conversation was able to continue about how to better affect Christian republican efforts at preserving nature.
It’s no way to spin that without digging a deeper hole.

Might as well drop it and try again later. It’s really no further expiration needed.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:03 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:40 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:20 pm

I don't either. I also don't know any farmers who don't believe in anthropogenic climate change.

IMO, it's easy to dismiss climate change as being naturally occurring if your community is not currently at risk from its affects.
Polynesian islands have definitely been affected by it. It is WIDELY considered a man made problem that was created by the main people who keep denying it.

What is the political benefit of blaming God for it? I don’t get that.
Corporate interests playing on a desire among some Christians for the world to end, and the sooner the better, because they will be Raptured?

I think it's the same benefit that some Christians see in the war in Gaza?

If you believe that you are going to be in heaven before the shit really hits the fan than what impetus is there for you to try to stop the shit from hitting the fan?
What would be the Corporate interest though? They don’t have to spend money to be more environmentally friendly?
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:42 pm

This is why…

Right here.

Might as well drop it and try again later. It’s really no further expiration needed.
Lol there is no hole to begin with.
But yeah… let’s drop it.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SlimShady wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:15 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:42 pm

This is why…

Right here.

Lol there is no hole to begin with.
But yeah… let’s drop it.
Ok 👍🏼
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:12 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:03 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:40 pm

Polynesian islands have definitely been affected by it. It is WIDELY considered a man made problem that was created by the main people who keep denying it.

What is the political benefit of blaming God for it? I don’t get that.
Corporate interests playing on a desire among some Christians for the world to end, and the sooner the better, because they will be Raptured?

I think it's the same benefit that some Christians see in the war in Gaza?

If you believe that you are going to be in heaven before the shit really hits the fan than what impetus is there for you to try to stop the shit from hitting the fan?
What would be the Corporate interest though? They don’t have to spend money to be more environmentally friendly?
https://blog.oup.com/2016/06/conservati ... usinesses/
Locked Previous topicNext topic