New Health Care Plan on Aug 2???

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:32 am ...that the Supreme Court decision on DACA gave me the right to do.

So we're going to solve -- we're going to sign an immigration plan, a health care plan, and various other plans.

And nobody will have done what I'm doing in the next four weeks.

The Supreme Court gave the president of the United States powers that nobody thought the president had, by approving, by doing what they did -- their decision on DACA. And DACA's going to be taken care of also.

But we're getting rid of it because we're going to replace it with something much better.

What we got rid of already, which was most of Obamacare, the individual mandate.

And that I've already won on.

And we won also on the Supreme Court.

But the decision by the Supreme Court on DACA allows me to do things on immigration, on health care, on other things that we've never done before.

And you're going to find it to be a very exciting two weeks.-end quote

What is he talking about?
Someone please interpret.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

nope, just lying.
hotspice58 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:57 am Pre-existing conditions will be taken care of by me and Republicans?? Is he joking??
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m excited to find out what my new health plan is. My plan went from a zero deductible plan in 2016 to a $2,000 deductible plan in 2020. Wait, he’s lying????
moviestar wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:20 pm nope, just lying.
hotspice58 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:57 am Pre-existing conditions will be taken care of by me and Republicans?? Is he joking??
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:52 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:10 am Anyone watch the interview with POTUS and Chris Wallace on July 19th? The one where the POTUS announced he was signing a "great new health care plan" into law in two weeks? It was going to make sure pre-existing conditions were covered, be cheaper and so much better. Well it will be two weeks this Sunday .... but somehow nothing has been announced, discussed, or debated. And I believe both chambers just went into a break for all of August....
WALLACE: I want to talk to you about Obamacare. Since the pandemic hit, millions of people have lost their jobs and thereby lost their health insurance, and almost a half a million have signed up for Obamacare. Your administration just announced that you're signing onto a lawsuit to overturn Obamacare.

TRUMP: And replace it.

WALLACE: Why does it make sense to overturn Obamacare which people now are relying on? Democrats are going to say, "The man who wanted to kill Obamacare is going to take away your -- the protection for pre-existing conditions."

TRUMP: First of all, we got rid of the individual mandate.

WALLACE: I understand.

TRUMP: Pre-existing conditions will always be taken care of by me and Republicans, 100 percent.

WALLACE: But you've been in office three and a half years, you don't have a plan.

TRUMP: Well, we haven't had. Excuse me. You heard me yesterday. We're signing a health care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care plan that the Supreme Court decision on DACA gave me the right to do. So we're going to solve -- we're going to sign an immigration plan, a health care plan, and various other plans. And nobody will have done what I'm doing in the next four weeks. The Supreme Court gave the president of the United States powers that nobody thought the president had, by approving, by doing what they did -- their decision on DACA. And DACA's going to be taken care of also. But we're getting rid of it because we're going to replace it with something much better. What we got rid of already, which was most of Obamacare, the individual mandate. And that I've already won on. And we won also on the Supreme Court. But the decision by the Supreme Court on DACA allows me to do things on immigration, on health care, on other things that we've never done before. And you're going to find it to be a very exciting two weeks.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/transc ... dent-trump
He can't do that, Congress has to pass the law first. The Doofus thinks he's king and can sign any edict into law that he wants. He still hasn't realized that there are limits to the office of President. And what in the hell does DACA have to do with healthcare? The man is as crazy as Caligula. Can we invoke the 25th Amendment NOW???
He can use an EO for changes he wants to make to DACA and healthcare. When he took the Obama version of DACA to court to unwind it, the court upheld the Obama EO used to put DACA in place to begin with, which did not go through Congress.

Thus, the courts ruling demonstrates the strength of an EO, giving Trump more power than he thought he'd have through that mechanism.

I hope he does fix DACA. I think is incomplete. Those kids have no path to citizenship, so it's just a never ending bandaid for them. They need better.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Today's the day! I was sure as soon as yesterday's golf game was over we would hear all about this!

Days playing golf: 267
Cost to Taxpayer: Approx. $138,000,000
https://www.trumpgolfcount.com/

jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A reporter actually followed up on the two week deadline on Friday. They should do that at every press briefing. Stop letting them off the hook.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:41 pm A reporter actually followed up on the two week deadline on Friday. They should do that at every press briefing. Stop letting them off the hook.
To call him on his lies doesn't phase him in the least. This was his response:
“We’re going to be doing a health-care plan. We’re going to be doing a very inclusive health-care plan. I’ll be signing it sometime very soon,” Trump said during an exchange with reporters at an event in Belleair, Fla., on Friday. When a reporter noted that he told Fox’s Wallace that he would sign it in two weeks, Trump added: “Might be Sunday. But it’s going to be very soon.”
I don't know who this "we" is and what he will be signing, but he's shameless.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:56 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:41 pm A reporter actually followed up on the two week deadline on Friday. They should do that at every press briefing. Stop letting them off the hook.
“We’re going to be doing a health-care plan. We’re going to be doing a very inclusive health-care plan. I’ll be signing it sometime very soon,” Trump said during an exchange with reporters at an event in Belleair, Fla., on Friday. When a reporter noted that he told Fox’s Wallace that he would sign it in two weeks, Trump added: “Might be Sunday. But it’s going to be very soon.”
He still thinks being president means he can pass all laws without Congress. He just doesn't have that kind of power. Just like he's saying he's banning tiktok, lol.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:10 am
MonarchMom wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:10 am Anyone watch the interview with POTUS and Chris Wallace on July 19th? The one where the POTUS announced he was signing a "great new health care plan" into law in two weeks? It was going to make sure pre-existing conditions were covered, be cheaper and so much better. Well it will be two weeks this Sunday .... but somehow nothing has been announced, discussed, or debated. And I believe both chambers just went into a break for all of August....
WALLACE: I want to talk to you about Obamacare. Since the pandemic hit, millions of people have lost their jobs and thereby lost their health insurance, and almost a half a million have signed up for Obamacare. Your administration just announced that you're signing onto a lawsuit to overturn Obamacare.

TRUMP: And replace it.

WALLACE: Why does it make sense to overturn Obamacare which people now are relying on? Democrats are going to say, "The man who wanted to kill Obamacare is going to take away your -- the protection for pre-existing conditions."

TRUMP: First of all, we got rid of the individual mandate.

WALLACE: I understand.

TRUMP: Pre-existing conditions will always be taken care of by me and Republicans, 100 percent.

WALLACE: But you've been in office three and a half years, you don't have a plan.

TRUMP: Well, we haven't had. Excuse me. You heard me yesterday. We're signing a health care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care plan that the Supreme Court decision on DACA gave me the right to do. So we're going to solve -- we're going to sign an immigration plan, a health care plan, and various other plans. And nobody will have done what I'm doing in the next four weeks. The Supreme Court gave the president of the United States powers that nobody thought the president had, by approving, by doing what they did -- their decision on DACA. And DACA's going to be taken care of also. But we're getting rid of it because we're going to replace it with something much better. What we got rid of already, which was most of Obamacare, the individual mandate. And that I've already won on. And we won also on the Supreme Court. But the decision by the Supreme Court on DACA allows me to do things on immigration, on health care, on other things that we've never done before. And you're going to find it to be a very exciting two weeks.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/transc ... dent-trump
Chris Wallace is a dem and no fan of Trump. Still, Trump was very cooperative in agreeing to the interview.

Yet Joe Biden, who is still hiding out in his basement, refused Wallace's request for an interview. He only does scripted interviews with his sycophant MSM. I don't think any presidential candidate has refused an interview with Chris Wallace before this.
Idc if Trump interviews with the Holy trinity. If all he's going to do is tell lies to keep his base happy it won't do him any good. They're not that stupid. Eventually he's got to deliver and Wallace is right he hasn't. All he's given me and my nineteen year old a deep fear of seeking health care. And WE'RE INSURED. It started with Obama yes but it's gotten no better. I shouldn't have my son worried that he can't afford to get sick but he is. So no idgaf who he interviews with. He isn't going to do shit anyway.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:29 pm
Lemons wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:56 pm
He still thinks being president means he can pass all laws without Congress. He just doesn't have that kind of power. Just like he's saying he's banning tiktok, lol.

Two separate and distinct things. An EO is not a law. It's direction from the country's top executive. DACA was an Obama EO. Congress wasn't moving fast enough so he pushed this into place. Outside of the process of a law.

Laws are what's voted on through the house and Senate which the President, as the executive of the country, either signs off on or vetos.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic