Another lawmaker refusing to wear a mask has the virus

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:01 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:37 am Masks don't work. From your hallowed CDC. Their results below, which also considers multiple other RCTs along with their own research. I think I recall reading something that the virons from "the virus" are even smaller in size than the flu.

Masks are just to placate you. If they worked, they would have been emphasized at the height of the body count, not now that deaths have fallen off a cliff.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks (RR 0.78, 95% CI 0.51–1.20; I2 = 30%, p = 0.25) (Figure 2). One study evaluated the use of masks among pilgrims from Australia during the Hajj pilgrimage and reported no major difference in the risk for laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infection in the control or mask group (33). Two studies in university settings assessed the effectiveness of face masks for primary protection by monitoring the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza among student hall residents for 5 months (9,10). The overall reduction in ILI or laboratory-confirmed influenza cases in the face mask group was not significant in either studies (9,10).
WHO and Holland say the same thing.
And in the meantime while we've all been wearing masks, think of the next super bug floating around out there that we have absolutely no immunity built up with which to fight it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:51 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:37 am Masks don't work. From your hallowed CDC. Their results below, which also considers multiple other RCTs along with their own research. I think I recall reading something that the virons from "the virus" are even smaller in size than the flu.

Masks are just to placate you. If they worked, they would have been emphasized at the height of the body count, not now that deaths have fallen off a cliff.

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks (RR 0.78, 95% CI 0.51–1.20; I2 = 30%, p = 0.25) (Figure 2). One study evaluated the use of masks among pilgrims from Australia during the Hajj pilgrimage and reported no major difference in the risk for laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infection in the control or mask group (33). Two studies in university settings assessed the effectiveness of face masks for primary protection by monitoring the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza among student hall residents for 5 months (9,10). The overall reduction in ILI or laboratory-confirmed influenza cases in the face mask group was not significant in either studies (9,10).
And in the meantime while we've all been wearing masks, think of the next super bug floating around out there that we have absolutely no immunity built up with which to fight it.
Exactly. But this girl is keeping her immune system by not breathing in her own exhaled air and all the bacteria and virus material clinging to a moist mask.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:03 pm

Exactly. But this girl is keeping her immune system by not breathing in her own exhaled air and all the bacteria and virus material clinging to a moist mask.
Technically, we don't have a choice here. Our demagogue gov mandated masks in public places where you can't social distance....in other words all stores, businesses, etc. Then you have national stores like Kohl's, mandating masks in their stores.

Depending on where I'm going and how hot it is outside, I'll wear one of my own cloth masks or a throw away one. Which reminds me, I need to order more of those throw away ones. The advantage to those, though they don't fit as closely as cloth masks, is I can use a fresh one in each store I go into. Some times I hit the grocery, drug store, Lowes or Menards all in one trip. I rip all of these masks off my face the minute I get outside of a store.

What I find really bizarre is people driving down the road all alone in their car wearing a mask. Like who are they protecting themselves from?
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:28 pm

Technically, we don't have a choice here. Our demagogue gov mandated masks in public places where you can't social distance....in other words all stores, businesses, etc. Then you have national stores like Kohl's, mandating masks in their stores.

Depending on where I'm going and how hot it is outside, I'll wear one of my own cloth masks or a throw away one. Which reminds me, I need to order more of those throw away ones. The advantage to those, though they don't fit as closely as cloth masks, is I can use a fresh one in each store I go into. Some times I hit the grocery, drug store, Lowes or Menards all in one trip. I rip all of these masks off my face the minute I get outside of a store.

What I find really bizarre is people driving down the road all alone in their car wearing a mask. Like who are they protecting themselves from?
Technically, I'm supposed to be wearing one while I'm at work. Gov'na's orders since re-opening have been that everyone at WORK has to wear one, and then a couple weeks ago he made another EO stating that everyone has to wear one outside their residence. He can go pound sand as far as I'm concerned. I will not comply with the orders of a petty tyrant. If you DO wear a mask while out and about, changing them often is best (as far as I remember.) I can only laugh at those who wear them alone in their car, and wonder how they have survived this long.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:43 pm

Technically, I'm supposed to be wearing one while I'm at work. Gov'na's orders since re-opening have been that everyone at WORK has to wear one, and then a couple weeks ago he made another EO stating that everyone has to wear one outside their residence. He can go pound sand as far as I'm concerned. I will not comply with the orders of a petty tyrant. If you DO wear a mask while out and about, changing them often is best (as far as I remember.) I can only laugh at those who wear them alone in their car, and wonder how they have survived this long.
"Pound sand"? Can't say as I've ever heard that expression before, LOL.

I actually think wearing one while you're driving could be hazardous to the health of other drivers. I know I am forever tugging on my masks as they work their way up and poke my lower eyelids. It would be a big distraction, I would think, to be wearing one while driving.

In fact, wasn't tugging on masks to readjust them one of the reasons Fauci, et al gave for not wearing masks in the beginning of this whole mess? Like touching your mask again and again would contaminate you even more?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It almost seems that it couldn't have been worse for us if we tried, doesn't it?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:54 pm
29again wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:43 pm

"Pound sand"? Can't say as I've ever heard that expression before, LOL.

I actually think wearing one while you're driving could be hazardous to the health of other drivers. I know I am forever tugging on my masks as they work their way up and poke my lower eyelids. It would be a big distraction, I would think, to be wearing one while driving.

In fact, wasn't tugging on masks to readjust them one of the reasons Fauci, et al gave for not wearing masks in the beginning of this whole mess? Like touching your mask again and again would contaminate you even more?
Yes, it was one of the "unintended consequences".
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:55 pm

It almost seems that it couldn't have been worse for us if we tried, doesn't it?
Yup. When I called all of these dem govs 'dictators' for closing down our states, said they were on a power trip, the libs on here whined and said that the govs didn't really like having to do that. My ass they didn't enjoy and still enjoy every minute of controlling us.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:26 pm The fact that he was diagnosed positive, and then made his staff come into an office room so he could tell them in-person is so irresponsible. He deliberately put them at high-risk of infection knowing he had the virus. This person should not hold office.
Seriously?

Wow.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bullshit. Masks DO work. Anyone who refuses to wear one and/or thinks they don't work because they are listening to Trump is an idiot. Why do you think people in operating rooms wear masks and other PPEs? BECAUSE they work!
Locked Previous topicNext topic