Herman Cain, Former Presidential Candidate, Dies at 74

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:45 pm
29again wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:35 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:32 am

So Herman Cain and his group are part of the ruling elite?
Uhmmm.... well, since Herman was dead at his funeral service, I'm not sure if self-isolating would help him much. I don't know (nor do I much care) who went to his funeral. What I DO care about is that the mayor of DC declared that anyone traveling to certain specific areas had to quarantine themselves for 14 days once they returned. This mandate was lifted for the lawmakers who traveled to Herman Cain's service. Those people are simply too important to have to follow the rules imposed on everyone else.

In other words, one more example of the glaring double standard that our leaders partake in and impose on us.
Don’t you mean Lewis’s funeral service?
Yes, I do.... dammit, I had to listen to a 2 hour tribute to Cain this morning and that along with the torrential rains we had today got me all frazzled now.

My apologies, everyone!
Basically my answer to Thelma is yes.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:49 pm

Don't forget that all those who were all crowded up in that church do NOT HAVE TO QUARANTINE for 14 days once they returned to DC. Anyone else? Yep, gotta quarantine. Not the lawmakers though... somehow, they have no chance of catching that virus even though they did all that we are told we can't do.
Uhmmm.... well, since Herman was dead at his funeral service, I'm not sure if self-isolating would help him much. I don't know (nor do I much care) who went to his funeral. What I DO care about is that the mayor of DC declared that anyone traveling to certain specific areas had to quarantine themselves for 14 days once they returned. This mandate was lifted for the lawmakers who traveled to Herman Cain's service. Those people are simply too important to have to follow the rules imposed on everyone else.

In other words, one more example of the glaring double standard that our leaders partake in and impose on us.
I was asking about what Valentina wrote.

"The ruling class has separate rules."
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 pm

I was asking about what Valentina wrote.

"The ruling class has separate rules."
That seems to be how it is. One set of rules for us, and another set for them. Travel outside DC, you gotta quarantine for 2 weeks. Lawmakers are too important to be quarantined, though. How is that NOT separate rules for the "ruling class"?
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic