President's tweet removed for medical misinformation

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

President Trump shared video later taken down for providing 'false information' about COVID-19. Facebook, Twitter and YouTube all removed a video on COVID-19 that President Trump had promoted on July 27th.

The video claims that COVID-19 can be "cured" with with hydroxycholoquine and discourages people from wearing masks. National Institutes of Health ended clinical trial because hydroxychloroquine was “very unlikely to be beneficial to hospitalized patients” and could lead to harm for some patients.
A doctor who went viral in a video shared by Donald Trump in his latest attempts to promote hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for coronavirus has on more than one occasion promoted controversial medical theories and anti-LGBTQ+ attitudes.

Facebook is trying to remove any re-uploads of the video because it is “sharing false information about cures and treatments for Covid-19”, a spokesperson said.

Dr Stella Immanuel, a physician from Houston, Texas, appeared in a video on Facebook which was removed on Monday, insisting that the malaria drug is an effective treatment for the novel coronavirus, a claim that has not been proven.

One version of the video had more than 17 million views before the platform managed to remove it.

Dr Immanuel was among a number of physicians named “America’s Frontline Doctors” making misleading claims about the virus at a news conference Monday in Washington. The pediatrician and religious minister has emerged as a figurehead in light of her speech at the conference, with both Mr Trump and his oldest son singing her praises on social media.

However, a report by The Daily Beast delved into more of Dr Immanuel’s unconventional public appearances, revealing the doctor’s spiritual beliefs regarding demon S*x, alien DNA in medicine, conspiracy theories, and anti-LGBTQ+ views.
https://news.yahoo.com/S*x-spirits-alie ... 33292.html
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why is he so obsessed with this? Presidents have no right to hawk potentially dangerous medication or any medication. He went on and on at his press conference about how he took it and he's fine and doctors are saying it's saving lives. He has a cult like following who believe every word out of his mouth no matter how ludicrous, making it even more dangerous. Leave to the medical experts.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:15 pm Why is he so obsessed with this? Presidents have no right to hawk potentially dangerous medication or any medication. He went on and on at his press conference about how he took it and he's fine and doctors are saying it's saving lives. He has a cult like following who believe every word out of his mouth no matter how ludicrous, making it even more dangerous. Leave to the medical experts.
I think that once he makes a statement, he is unable to admit he was wrong - regardless of the harm to others or cost to the US taxpayers. After claiming repeatedly this would be a "cure" he is now promoting anyone who supports that idea, no matter how unreliable the source, or how harmful to public health.

We have now neared 150,000 American's dead from Coronavirus, and our President is still promoting a drug that has been found ineffective in clinical trials by the FDA.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh my gosh.. There have been a ton of people on my FB share this video today and right after it is posted, it poofs. FB is booting it quickly and people are pissed.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:02 pm Oh my gosh.. There have been a ton of people on my FB share this video today and right after it is posted, it poofs. FB is booting it quickly and people are pissed.
Sad that so many people share things without any understanding of where it came from or if it is valid.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Is this the video where the black female doctor challenges Biden to a urine test to prove he's not taking HCQ? She's bat shit crazy. Apparently she believes that we have spliced alien DNA for current medicines and that endometriosis is caused by having S*x with demons while you sleep.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This. He doesn’t have knowledgeable people around him and he will not admit he was wrong.
MonarchMom wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:18 pm
Lemons wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:15 pm Why is he so obsessed with this? Presidents have no right to hawk potentially dangerous medication or any medication. He went on and on at his press conference about how he took it and he's fine and doctors are saying it's saving lives. He has a cult like following who believe every word out of his mouth no matter how ludicrous, making it even more dangerous. Leave to the medical experts.
I think that once he makes a statement, he is unable to admit he was wrong - regardless of the harm to others or cost to the US taxpayers. After claiming repeatedly this would be a "cure" he is now promoting anyone who supports that idea, no matter how unreliable the source, or how harmful to public health.

We have now neared 150,000 American's dead from Coronavirus, and our President is still promoting a drug that has been found ineffective in clinical trials by the FDA.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Isn’t she a Trump,supporter?
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:59 pm Is this the video where the black female doctor challenges Biden to a urine test to prove he's not taking HCQ? She's bat shit crazy. Apparently she believes that we have spliced alien DNA for current medicines and that endometriosis is caused by having S*x with demons while you sleep.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Omfg ... Are you serious? This person is real? Just when I thought I heard every possible nut job conspiracy theory , here cones another and another and another. It’s endless... smh ...
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:59 pm Is this the video where the black female doctor challenges Biden to a urine test to prove he's not taking HCQ? She's bat shit crazy. Apparently she believes that we have spliced alien DNA for current medicines and that endometriosis is caused by having S*x with demons while you sleep.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Well, aren't you all good little bots willing to let a corporation decide what you can view and read. I can't wait until you all are desperately looking for info on something, and you can't find it because corporate elite have decided for you to erase anything they don't agree with. Wait until your children turn on you.

1984 is here only the evil elephant in the room is the corporate elite.....not the gov't .
Locked Previous topicNext topic