Biden, at Muslim voters summit, says ‘I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith’

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

So, school should be extended by 40 minutes or more to fit in one additional unnecessary class. That's not going to happen because teachers would strike over a longer school day. Between Federal and state mandated classes, math, English, science, civics, American/World History, etc have taken a back seat. In fact, most schools don't even teach Civics (Gov't) any more.

If you want children to learn about different world religions, there's this really neat modern thing called the internet.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:51 pm So, school should be extended by 40 minutes or more to fit in one additional unnecessary class. That's not going to happen because teachers would strike over a longer school day. Between Federal and state mandated classes, math, English, science, civics, American/World History, etc have taken a back seat. In fact, most schools don't even teach Civics (Gov't) any more.

If you want children to learn about different world religions, there's this really neat modern thing called the internet.
My sons learned about Christianity, Islam and Judaism as part of world history. Considering we literally split history into two periods based on the birth of one man, had an few inquisitions, and a few holy wars we probably should teach the Abrahamic religions. Not to mention much of America was founded by a group of people fleeing religious persecution. So from a historical standpoint Judaism, Christianity and Islam shaped the world we have now whether we like it or not. And our schools teach civics.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:11 pm
Mommamia wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:51 pm So, school should be extended by 40 minutes or more to fit in one additional unnecessary class. That's not going to happen because teachers would strike over a longer school day. Between Federal and state mandated classes, math, English, science, civics, American/World History, etc have taken a back seat. In fact, most schools don't even teach Civics (Gov't) any more.

My sons learned about Christianity, Islam and Judaism as part of world history. Considering we literally split history into two periods based on the birth of one man, had an few inquisitions, and a few holy wars we probably should teach the Abrahamic religions. Not to mention much of America was founded by a group of people fleeing religious persecution. So from a historical standpoint Judaism, Christianity and Islam shaped the world we have now whether we like it or not. And our schools teach civics.
Fifteen states do not require any civics classes.

https://www.edweek.org/ew/section/multi ... t-not.html

High school students spend far more time in school learning about America’s history than they do learning about its civic values, according to a 50-state survey by Education Week. The results show that while most states require students to study civics, just eight require them to take a yearlong civics or government class in order to graduate. In comparison, a year of U.S. history is a graduation requirement in 31 states. This comes on top of any U.S. and state history mandates focused on the lower grades.

When it comes to testing, though, the requirements break down a bit more evenly. Fifteen states require students to take a U.S. history exam, compared to 19 states for civics. But students are not necessarily required to pass some of these exams and, in the case of civics, the assessment used in some states is essentially a version of the 100-question test taken by immigrants seeking citizenship status.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

the average high school graduate can't change a tire or boil water let alone be sufficiently educated in useful subjects like STEM which will actually prepare them for success, but these kooks prioritize spending more time and resources on more useless extremely specialized subjects that have little use in the real world.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:45 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:11 pm

Fifteen states do not require any civics classes.

https://www.edweek.org/ew/section/multi ... t-not.html

High school students spend far more time in school learning about America’s history than they do learning about its civic values, according to a 50-state survey by Education Week. The results show that while most states require students to study civics, just eight require them to take a yearlong civics or government class in order to graduate. In comparison, a year of U.S. history is a graduation requirement in 31 states. This comes on top of any U.S. and state history mandates focused on the lower grades.

When it comes to testing, though, the requirements break down a bit more evenly. Fifteen states require students to take a U.S. history exam, compared to 19 states for civics. But students are not necessarily required to pass some of these exams and, in the case of civics, the assessment used in some states is essentially a version of the 100-question test taken by immigrants seeking citizenship status.
Florida does require civics and an assessment test. What that entails I couldn't tell you. I guess my point was we don't need to extend the school day. Religion being such an important part of history can be taught in that class. My kids probably learned more civics than I did. I took civics as part of history while they had a year devoted to it I believe.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:50 pm

the average high school graduate can't change a tire or boil water let alone be sufficiently educated in useful subjects like STEM which will actually prepare them for success, but these kooks prioritize spending more time and resources on more useless extremely specialized subjects that have little use in the real world.
Exactly. Between Bush's failed 'No Child Left Behind' and Obama's bribery to get schools to adopt the horrificf 'Race to the Top' otherwise known as Common Core, we've had 16 straight years of ruined education in this country. Common Core is still in a lot of school systems, they just changed the name. Children haven't been and still aren't being educated, they are being taught to pass ridiculous mandated tests.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:22 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:31 am Lol, you're just dreaming of a "white" Christmas.

I much prefer my kids go to school with the kids of the lady on the left than the kids of the typical white lefty. I have more in common with her than you. like I doubt she wants her kids exposed to degeneracy. I would exchange every white american lib for any race who is Conservative. Cubans would be the perfect trade. we can get some more cultural enrichment and lefties can go somewhere that aligns with their political beliefs.
In other words you want to be surrounded by people just like you No surprise there.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:49 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:31 am Lol, you're just dreaming of a "white" Christmas.

I much prefer my kids go to school with the kids of the lady on the left than the kids of the typical white lefty. I have more in common with her than you. like I doubt she wants her kids exposed to degeneracy. I would exchange every white american lib for any race who is Conservative. Cubans would be the perfect trade. we can get some more cultural enrichment and lefties can go somewhere that aligns with their political beliefs.
In other words you want to be surrounded by people just like you No surprise there.
She lies. She believes the same as the woman on the left, as long as the woman on the left isn't making religious law she has to follow. In other words, she's a "radical" christian who believes her way is the only way.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The internet?! LMAO! That has more misinformation than information and most people can’t distinguish between the two.
I mean, look at what yo call “facts” you saw on the internet and then start accusing people of “babbling stupidity” if they provide any information you don’t like.
I would trust you with properly teaching your kids about my religion using the Internet as much as I trust any of the nonsense you post here 😂
At least if it’s taught in school you can object to misinformation. I can’t do anything about you just teaching as “facts” the things you like and calling everything else “fake”.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:35 am
Lemons wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:49 pm

She lies. She believes the same as the woman on the left, as long as the woman on the left isn't making religious law she has to follow. In other words, she's a "radical" christian who believes her way is the only way.
So you're saying that woman on the left is a "radical" because shes Muslim? wow, thats bigoted of you. I am not even religious, I haven't been in a church sine I was 15 years old 😂 I just don't to want live with a bunch of mutant degenerate scumbags.
Locked Previous topicNext topic