Biden, at Muslim voters summit, says ‘I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith’

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They were not taught but discussed. More religions should be discussed. It educates people.
Emandab wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:22 pm
hotspice58 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:04 am And? why shouldn’t Americans know about more than Christianity and Judaism?
Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:35 am Emgage Action, the country’s largest Muslim American PAC, endorsed Biden in April after endorsing Bernie Sanders during the Democratic primary.

Biden told the voters he would end President Trump's travel ban affecting *SOME* Muslim-majority countries on day one of his presidency

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... amic-faith
Oh, are they taught Christianity and Judaism in your public schools? I'm pretty sure, positive in fact, in my country (USA) that's not allowed.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:18 pm They were not taught but discussed. More religions should be discussed. It educates people.
hotspice58 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:04 am And? why shouldn’t Americans know about more than Christianity and Judaism?

Oh, are they taught Christianity and Judaism in your public schools? I'm pretty sure, positive in fact, in my country (USA) that's not allowed.

Everyone learns a lot about the dominant religions of their culture automatically. It takes effort to teach people something outside their experience, which is one thing school is for.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

generally the major religions are considered to be the abrahamic “big three” (christianity, islam and judaism, the latter of which is included due to its status as a precursor to christianity despite not being as widely practiced), hinduism and buddhism.
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:46 pm
Mommabearof2 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:34 pm As long as all religions are taught, I'm fine with it. If they only want to teach one or two then no.
It would be impossible to teach all religions (there are roughly 4300) but I agree that the major world religions need to be taught. One challenge is how define the "major" religions?
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:31 am Lol, you're just dreaming of a "white" Christmas.

I much prefer my kids go to school with the kids of the lady on the left than the kids of the typical white lefty. I have more in common with her than you. like I doubt she wants her kids exposed to degeneracy. I would exchange every white american lib for any race who is Conservative. Cubans would be the perfect trade. we can get some more cultural enrichment and lefties can go somewhere that aligns with their political beliefs.
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Fine with me, as long as all other religions are taught in this class.

Biden is being pulled every which way but up. They’re going to wear out those puppet strings before Election Day.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:18 pm They were not taught but discussed. More religions should be discussed. It educates people.

Yup, let's make math, science, history, civics, etc. classes even shorter or not at all to make way for religions of the world.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:20 pm generally the major religions are considered to be the abrahamic “big three” (christianity, islam and judaism, the latter of which is included due to its status as a precursor to christianity despite not being as widely practiced), hinduism and buddhism.
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:46 pm
Mommabearof2 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:34 pm As long as all religions are taught, I'm fine with it. If they only want to teach one or two then no.
It would be impossible to teach all religions (there are roughly 4300) but I agree that the major world religions need to be taught. One challenge is how define the "major" religions?
Personally, I would like to see a unit on indigenous religions.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it’s important for children to learn about the different religions, as long as nothing is being pushed on them.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:22 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:10 pm So? All politicians pander. Trump is a master panderer.
Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:08 pm

LMAO, triggered much? I feel like I am being interrogated by you.

I just said it would be great to teach Islam and LGBT side by side. it's great to teach incompatible world views so students can see that not all people agree and not all parts of the world have the same morals as Professor bike lock at Berkeley.

However, Biden is obviously pandering :lol:
do you simp for trump this passionately when he panders ?

More bs from Biden....No. 1 video:

"The Census Bureau’s latest American Community Survey did find some Delaware residents with Somali ancestry -- it estimated that there were a whopping 15 Somalis in the entire state of Delaware. That’s less than two one-thousandths of 1 percent of the state’s population. If that’s "very identifiable," it would help to have a microscope."

Yet, the whiners on here throw hissy fits over a Trump 'lie'.

I hope they run vid #2 in a political ad. It should insult those voters who came here from India.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No problem at all with this. There should be more World Religions and World Cultures curriculum taught in secondary schools.
Locked Previous topicNext topic