Atlanta mayor says 'enough is enough' after girl fatally shot near scene of Rayshard Brooks' death

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:51 am
HanSolo wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:51 pm
And just like that, this man is truly woke. Hopefully, everyone will one day wake up and realize that BLM and politicians are just using Blacks/minorities for their own selfish reasons and NOT to help them. This poor child killed is just one of the hundreds of Blacks killed everyday by one of their own. It is really sad.
You do realize he isn’t the only one who knows Black on Black crime is a problem. And why do ya’ll think we need to “wake up” like there isn’t a slew of White people who don’t realize Trump is playing them?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:13 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:22 pm First off- you don't live here. I do. KLB has done a great job here in Atlanta while she has been mayor.
The mother was doing a u-turn and the little girl was shot. This was not the peaceful protestors that have been here in the city. There have been a ton of peaceful protests here. This was a tragedy. You need to take a step back and NOT use this family as your push off for your crap..especially when you don't live in my city and you are not here to even know anything about it. Our republican governor is a moron. KLB has done a lot more in the past 6 months to keep this city safe than our freaking governor has.
I don't care if you live there! I don't care if she gives you foot massages every weekend. She Knew protesters burnt down the wendy's and engaging in harmful activities. She permitted these protesters to put up barricades in a public space and permitted them to take over. there is a ton of footage of mobs of protesters pulling people from cars and beating the shit out of them. there is footage of them shooting at cars, there have been rapes, there have been homeless people set on fire! several other people were shot near this wendy's and yet the mayor allowed them to occupy the space and "negotiated" with them. Just like the F***ing idiot mayor of Seattle, allowing Chaz members to murder 2 teenagers. The public should be able to safely enter a parking lot. as much as you want to differentiate between "peaceful" protesters and the killers, the killers are still taking part in the protest and in the same herds as the rest.

democrats are destroying our society all over the F***ing country right now, they are encouraging vandalism, rioting, looting ,lawlessness and subversion of the republic. these things are directly related!
“Peaceful protests were hijacked by criminals with a dangerous, destructive agenda. Now, innocent Georgians are being targeted, shot, and left for dead,” the Republican governor said. “This lawlessness must be stopped and order restored in our capital city.”

“Peaceful protests were hijacked by criminals with a dangerous, destructive agenda. Now, innocent Georgians are being targeted, shot, and left for dead,” the Republican governor said. “This lawlessness must be stopped and order restored in our capital city.”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 389011002/

Looks like GA’s Republican governor is saying the same thing she is. So you don’t have to care if she lives there, she is more knowledgeable on what is going on locally then you. She just isn’t saying what you want to hear because it doesn’t help you use that baby’s death and a grieving family to stir up mess with Democrats.

Edit: Added quote
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. It’s disgusting. Especially when accompanied by incomplete information and twisting of the facts.
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:55 pm God, please don’t use that baby’s death to push an anti democrat agenda.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:40 am I agree. It’s disgusting. Especially when accompanied by incomplete information and twisting of the facts.
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:55 pm God, please don’t use that baby’s death to push an anti democrat agenda.
It is disgusting. It is a shame how people have lost all respect for the deceased. Nothing is off limits these days.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:16 am
HanSolo wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:51 pm
And just like that, this man is truly woke. Hopefully, everyone will one day wake up and realize that BLM and politicians are just using Blacks/minorities for their own selfish reasons and NOT to help them. This poor child killed is just one of the hundreds of Blacks killed everyday by one of their own. It is really sad.
You do realize he isn’t the only one who knows Black on Black crime is a problem. And why do ya’ll think we need to “wake up” like there isn’t a slew of White people who don’t realize Trump is playing them?
This has nothing to do with Trump. He may run the country but he doesn't run each state. Each state is run by their own politicians and some of them are running them into the ground. As horrible as this is for this family, now they will see the real truth...BLM doesn't care about them.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:51 am

This has nothing to do with Trump. He may run the country but he doesn't run each state. Each state is run by their own politicians and some of them are running them into the ground. As horrible as this is for this family, now they will see the real truth...BLM doesn't care about them.
No, I’m talking about the notion that Black people need to “wake up” like we’re getting played and too stupid to see it, when Trump does the same shit. We’re not stupid people who need to “wake up”.

I have said many times before on this group that Black on Black crime has been a problem long before Trump got in office, same applies to BLM. I am not blaming either one for the increase in crime.

BLM doesn’t have anything to do with this murder either unless it comes out that the organization was directly tied to the shooters. I have also never seen a member of BLM encourage Black people to kill each other.

This baby’s death is a result of a multitude of challenges our community has been facing for decades that is not limited to BLM and we don’t know what all the local community is doing to support them.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:03 pm

No, I’m talking about the notion that Black people need to “wake up” like we’re getting played and too stupid to see it, when Trump does the same shit. We’re not stupid people who need to “wake up”.

I have said many times before on this group that Black on Black crime has been a problem long before Trump got in office, same applies to BLM. I am not blaming either one for the increase in crime.

BLM doesn’t have anything to do with this murder either unless it comes out that the organization was directly tied to the shooters. I have also never seen a member of BLM encourage Black people to kill each other.

This baby’s death is a result of a multitude of challenges our community has been facing for decades that is not limited to BLM and we don’t know what the local community is doing to support them.
I'm not blinded by Trump or Biden or any politician for that matter. Even though I am a register democrat, I vote according to the person and not the letter behind the name. I was a die hard democrat for 20+ years until I realized that most of them just talk the talk but don't walk the walk. I chose not to vote in 2016 and I will most likely not again in November. I will never just vote to vote. I also know that I can't support BLM. It is a racist terrorist organization which pretends to be about equality.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:32 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:03 pm

This baby’s death is a result of a multitude of challenges our community has been facing for decades that is not limited to BLM and we don’t know what the local community is doing to support them.
I'm not blinded by Trump or Biden or any politician for that matter. Even though I am a register democrat, I vote according to the person and not the letter behind the name. I was a die hard democrat for 20+ years until I realized that most of them just talk the talk but don't walk the walk. I chose not to vote in 2016 and I will most likely not again in November. I will never just vote to vote. I also know that I can't support BLM. It is a racist terrorist organization which pretends to be about equality.
Your comment was general , so my response was in general as well. I wasn’t referring to you or your political background specifically. 😊
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

“We find a significant increase in firearm violence in the United States associated with the coronavirus pandemic-related surge in firearm purchasing,” according to findings published by researchers from the University of California–Davis and the University of California Firearm Violence Research Center. The findings have been publicly released but not yet been peer reviewed.

https://www.keranews.org/post/research- ... d-violence
Deleted User 203

Unread post

There's a call for this case to not be politicized (which it shouldn't be) yet there are some answers that pertain to the politics in Georgia.

Not everything (so many things SHOULDN'T) in our lives and within society should be politicized yet we are a society so divided that it's the first thing we think of....were those involved Democrat or Republican?

At a minimum, it's disturbing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic