John Bolton’s Book

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My mother, who never followed politics until her horror at Trump's being elected, bought Bolton’s book and just gave it to me. I

I’m bringing it on vacation this weekend so hopefully I’ll read a bit.

The first two pages don’t say anything that we haven’t all seen with our own eyes. Trump was not that comfortable the first year and half . He was held in place with an “axis of adults “ as Bolton put it. Bolton claims these people were self serving and dismissing of Trumps goals.

After awhile he got comfortable and surrounded himself with yes men. He believed he could run the executive branch on instinct and personal relationships with foreign leaders, “made for TV showmanship always top of mind “.

He didn’t like the unglamorous part of the job. The analysts, planning, intellectual discipline, corrections

This is only the first two pages. Hopefully there’ll be new info to read
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Every book about trump has told the same story in terms of his temperament, attention span, cruelty, ignorance, and transactional view of life in general. I can't imagine what else Bolton has in store but please let us know.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Give it a f***ing break, lemming.

What a waste of your mother's hard earned money.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:41 pm Give it a f***ing break, lemming.

You didn't even read it but you know he's a critic of Trump so you automatically have a problem with it. Why don't you try reading some of these books before you give your ignorant opinion?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:37 pm Every book about trump has told the same story in terms of his temperament, attention span, cruelty, ignorance, and transactional view of life in general. I can't imagine what else Bolton has in store but please let us know.
What's annoying me already about the book is Jared Kushner's involvement in everything. Bolton quotes a lot of Kushner's texts and emails that were sent to him. What a F***ing unqualified clown Kushner is. Having the daughter and son-in-law with no experience taking on such important roles reminds me of dictators who put their family in power. Saddam, Kim jong Un, Castro.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:08 pm

You didn't even read it but you know he's a critic of Trump so you automatically have a problem with it. Why don't you try reading some of these books before you give your ignorant opinion?
Unlike you, I don't waste my time reading bullshit and lies.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:12 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:37 pm Every book about trump has told the same story in terms of his temperament, attention span, cruelty, ignorance, and transactional view of life in general. I can't imagine what else Bolton has in store but please let us know.
What's annoying me already about the book is Jared Kushner's involvement in everything. Bolton quotes a lot of Kushner's texts and emails that were sent to him. What a F***ing unqualified clown Kushner is. Having the daughter and son-in-law with no experience taking on such important roles reminds me of dictators who put their family in power. Saddam, Kim jong Un, Castro.
But, but, but......JFK appt'd his 36 year old brother to be the US Attorney General, and he appt'd his brother-in-law, Sergeant Shriever to be head of the Peace Corps.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:08 pm

Because she's 12.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Let us know if it’s worth reading. I may download it to kill some time during quarantine. 💃🏽
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:50 pm
Lemons wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:12 pm
But, but, but......JFK appt'd his 36 year old brother to be the US Attorney General, and he appt'd his brother-in-law, Sergeant Shriever to be head of the Peace Corps.
Robert Kennedy was actually qualified. He was a lawyer who worked for the Justice Department in the criminal division and then worked for the Atty General in Brooklyn to prosecute fraud cases. Jared has no qualifications for working any position at the White House, except maybe real estate agent. Robert Shriver was also qualified to head up Peace Corps. Ivanka, Eric and Don Jr are not qualified for bupkis.
Locked Previous topicNext topic