Rage over an accidental bump.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It’s not about patience, it’s about being intelligent enough to use logic.

Know what happens when you are convicted of a felony?

In addition to limiting your employment and housing prospects... You lose your right to own/carry a firearm.

So now, if this woman ever IS in a situation where she is actually in danger and could reasonably need to protect herself with a gun, she won’t be able to.

but at least she’ll have her honor in the eyes of total strangers she will never meet, I guess.
Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:49 pm With every conversation and action you take, you instruct others on how you should be treated.

If a written account of your patience is worth more than what some perceive as honor, so be it. But that is not what everyone else might choose.
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:45 pm Choose to teach who what now? this is really getting absurd now. Honestly, what do you think the odds are that these women would have ever seen each other again?

Maybe I would teach people that I will shy away and flee a situation instead of escalating a verbal altercation with murder threats. You know what else I will do? pass a criminal background check. So it kinda still feels like I win.
Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:06 pm The difference is that you would choose to teach others that they can treat you that way and you will shy away and flee the situation.

Other people absolutely do not share that opinion on what should be taught to other people on how they will react. Some people literally come from cultures where backing down and showing the lesser amount of aggression would equate to weakness and there is no worse of an insult.

There is a reason why the most historically violent cultures now have such exacting standards for how to interact with manners, and they hold to them.

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It would depend on what your idea of lunacy is.

Luna is the moon. The moon is female. If you are asking if it is within the predictable female Nature to act with ferocity when threatened while pregnant then I would agree.

If you are saying it’s crazy to stand up to someone that is obviously trying to put you within the emotion of fear, I might disagree.
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:47 pm You actually said it wasn’t lunacy to exit the safety of your locked vehicle to commit a felony in response to a verbal altercation.
Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:29 pm My entire position this time has been this - predict what another human might do.

What is predictable is not governed by what is sane, legal, logical or allowed. It is predictable.

When interacting with others, only what is predictable matters.
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:15 pm weird how you went from “pulling a gun on someone for yelling at you is a totally sane, normal thing to do” to “you shouldn’t yell at people because some of them are crazed.”
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

lu·na·cy
/ˈlo͞onəsē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
1. the state of being a lunatic; insanity (not in technical use).
"it has been suggested that originality demands a degree of lunacy"

2. extreme folly or eccentricity

Similar:
insanity
madness
mental illness
derangement
dementia
dementedness
insaneness
loss of reason
unsoundness of mind
mental instability
mania
frenzy
psychosis
craziness
Opposite:
sanity

it is absolutely lunacy to escalate a situation where someone yelled at you to the point of committing a violent felony.
Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:02 pm It would depend on what your idea of lunacy is.

Luna is the moon. The moon is female. If you are asking if it is within the predictable female Nature to act with ferocity when threatened while pregnant then I would agree.

If you are saying it’s crazy to stand up to someone that is obviously trying to put you within the emotion of fear, I might disagree.
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:47 pm You actually said it wasn’t lunacy to exit the safety of your locked vehicle to commit a felony in response to a verbal altercation.
Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:29 pm My entire position this time has been this - predict what another human might do.

What is predictable is not governed by what is sane, legal, logical or allowed. It is predictable.

When interacting with others, only what is predictable matters.

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

For some people, it’s not about the random people you meet it’s about the gods that judge you.

For you, this might be drivel. But for others, they live by these virtues.

All I am saying, it that it might be prudent to have it REALLY matter if you’re going to try to scare strangers.
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:00 pm It’s not about patience, it’s about being intelligent enough to use logic.

In addition to limiting your employment and housing prospects... You lose your right to own/carry a firearm.

So now, if this woman ever IS in a situation where she is actually in danger and could reasonably need to protect herself with a gun, she won’t be able to.

but at least she’ll have her honor in the eyes of total strangers she will never meet, I guess.
Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:49 pm With every conversation and action you take, you instruct others on how you should be treated.

If a written account of your patience is worth more than what some perceive as honor, so be it. But that is not what everyone else might choose.
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:45 pm Choose to teach who what now? this is really getting absurd now. Honestly, what do you think the odds are that these women would have ever seen each other again?

Maybe I would teach people that I will shy away and flee a situation instead of escalating a verbal altercation with murder threats. You know what else I will do? pass a criminal background check. So it kinda still feels like I win.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes, it should. For example, hopefully scaring this woman with a gun mattered enough to this chick to risk giving birth in prison, which I hear actually is not awesome, and having her newborn go directly into foster care.
Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:09 pm For some people, it’s not about the random people you meet it’s about the gods that judge you.

All I am saying, it that it might be prudent to have it REALLY matter if you’re going to try to scare strangers.
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:00 pm It’s not about patience, it’s about being intelligent enough to use logic.

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:37 pm Funny how you were condescending and rude to me first but when you get the same in return I’m throwing a tantrum 🙄

Despite your pathetic attempt to assign an emotion to me because your “logic” doesn’t hold up, I am neither upset nor “crying.” I literally don’t give a f**k if you want to be ridiculous, but when you decide to throw your weight around at me please expect to get it thrown back at you.
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:40 pm
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:36 pm It’s possible that Justin Bieber could have air dropped into the scene dressed like bozo the clown and playing the bagpipes but I like to be realistic about probabilities. The likeliest scenario is that that woman was in no danger at all, so from where I sit your whole “her baby was in danger!” spiel makes you look like the ignorant one 🤷‍♀️
You are being ridiculous, acting all Donald Trump ....throwing a a damn tantrum and being nasty like a 5 year old because people don’t agree with you. 🙄

Quit crying because you can’t shove your views down people’s throat or have a conversation like a reasonably intelligent adult.

Let it go. You have made a damn fool of yourself enough.
Oh honey, you give a f**k that people don’t see things your way. If nothing else, your behavior has made that clear.

I was not talking to you when you quoted me and I tried to agree to disagree multiple times but you kept digging for an argument and behaving like a spoiled brat because you can’t handle anyone disagreeing with you.

You’re worked up over your own bullshit and the response you’re getting is your own fault.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Just saying a thing doesn’t make it true. Maybe you get forreal worked up over arguments with strangers on the internet? Can’t relate, I’m 100% calm and when I put down my phone here in a minute the fact that some anonymous women who don’t know how to logic want to be wrong about some shit will instantly evaporate from my mind. Depending on how long it takes me to get bored enough to come back here and how many notifications pile up in the mean time, I might remember, but it’s equally likely that I’ll never give this a moment’s thought again in my life. I mean I can see that it matters to you by the way you keep trying to attack me personally instead of my position, but for me it’s just not that serious.

If it soothes your hurt feelings any, I’m real sorry that your misplaced attempt to be condescending to me earlier didn’t play out how you were hoping. Honey.
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:40 pm
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:37 pm Funny how you were condescending and rude to me first but when you get the same in return I’m throwing a tantrum 🙄

Despite your pathetic attempt to assign an emotion to me because your “logic” doesn’t hold up, I am neither upset nor “crying.” I literally don’t give a f**k if you want to be ridiculous, but when you decide to throw your weight around at me please expect to get it thrown back at you.
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:40 pm

You are being ridiculous, acting all Donald Trump ....throwing a a damn tantrum and being nasty like a 5 year old because people don’t agree with you. 🙄

Quit crying because you can’t shove your views down people’s throat or have a conversation like a reasonably intelligent adult.

Let it go. You have made a damn fool of yourself enough.
Oh honey, you give a f**k that people don’t see things your way. If nothing else, your behavior has made that clear.

I was not talking to you when you quoted me and I tried to agree to disagree multiple times but you kept digging for an argument and behaving like a spoiled brat because you can’t handle anyone disagreeing with you.

You’re worked up over your own bullshit and the response you’re getting is your own fault.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You are attempting to place your own logic on the predictions of what others might do.

The question of what is logical is irrelevant. The only question should be- is this an easily predictable outcome?

Yes or no only.
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:11 pm Yes, it should. For example, hopefully scaring this woman with a gun mattered enough to this chick to risk giving day. L birth in prison, which I hear actually is not awesome, and having her newborn go directly into foster care.
Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:09 pm For some people, it’s not about the random people you meet it’s about the gods that judge you.

moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

this is not my logic, it is factual reality. This lady brandished a firearm in a situation where her life was clearly not in danger. As a result, she has been charged with a felony, which means she is now facing the very real possibility of delivering her baby while incarcerated, of having said baby go into the system, of never being able to have a gun again. these, among others, are actual and direct consequences of her actions.

which, now that you mention it, actually is an easily predictable outcome of her decision... hence why it is crazy to threaten a person with a gun for yelling at you.
Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:06 pm You are attempting to place your own logic on the predictions of what others might do.

The question of what is logical is irrelevant. The only question should be- is this an easily predictable outcome?

Yes or no only.
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:11 pm Yes, it should. For example, hopefully scaring this woman with a gun mattered enough to this chick to risk giving day. L birth in prison, which I hear actually is not awesome, and having her newborn go directly into foster care.

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, that is the legal consequence.

I said, was it predictable, or unpredictable ?
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:16 pm this is not my logic, it is factual reality. This lady brandished a firearm in a situation where her life was clearly not in danger. As a result, she has been charged with a felony, which means she is now facing the very real possibility of delivering her baby while incarcerated, of having said baby go into the system, of never being able to have a gun again. these, among others, are actual and direct consequences of her actions.

which, now that you mention it, actually is an easily predictable outcome of her decision... hence why it is crazy to threaten a person with a gun for yelling at you.
Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:06 pm You are attempting to place your own logic on the predictions of what others might do.

Yes or no only.
Locked Previous topicNext topic