Mary Kay Letourneau, who made headlines for an affair with her underage student, dies

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Deleted User 203

Unread post

I remember this very disturbing story from all those decades ago.

I feel very badly for the children they had together and for him, as he was a victim of abuse.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Oh wow. Sorry for her children and family.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:24 pm

I feel very badly for the children they had together and for him, as he was a victim of abuse.
It was so crazy and they just divorced a few years ago. I know this will seem offensive to some, but I always saw pain in her soul too.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I think until her arrest and the story went world wide, people in general didn't think women could for would sexually abuse children.

I think she should have been in jail for many more years than she got. She was one sick, twisted woman. It's terrible to think how she ruined that boys life.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

lunarprancer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:54 pm

It was so crazy and they just divorced a few years ago. I know this will seem offensive to some, but I always saw pain in her soul too.
I didn’t even know they split up. She did have a troubled and eerie personality.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I just saw this on Facebook. I remember following the story until she was locked up and then married. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm trying to find some sympathy for her but can't.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I remember this story. It was disturbing.
Cupcake_mama_jzd
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

As a kid I knew about this story, but the gravity of what she did didn't hit home until reading about it again as a mother.

My son is going into sixth grade and he's a baby! He still sleeps with his stuffed dinosaur and the light on in his closet. I mean, maybe the child she was attracted to may have been a touch more mature, but even the most mature 12 year old is still 12!!
Locked Previous topicNext topic