Trump retweeted an attack on George Floyd's character by Glenn Beck and Candace Owens

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

President Donald Trump retweeted a message in which conservative provocateur Candace Owens attacked the character of George Floyd, whose death in police custody has spurred widespread anti-racism protests.

In the message shared by the president, conservative radio host Glenn Beck interviews Owens about Floyd's death, alongside the message: "I don't care WHAT George Floyd did. The officer should have never treated him like that and killed him! But we still must ask: Is he a HERO? BLEXIT founder @RealCandaceO gave her thoughts: 'The fact that he has been held up as a martyr sickens me.'"

"This is a guy with a very long record and a very long criminal record," Beck said.

Owens describes Floyd as a symbol of the "broken culture in black America today" and asserted that "he was not a good person."

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald- ... ist-2020-6
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Outside of his family/friends, what significant portion of people think Floyd was a hero, or care anything about how he lived his life? The focus for the vast majority of people is how he died.

Candace will be inflammatory because being inflammatory makes her money, but this is the message the President wants amplified, apparently.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The word "but" negates everything that comes before it.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is exactly why I compare it to when women are raped and made to look promiscuous first before addressing the fact that she was raped.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:37 pm This is exactly why I compare it to when women are raped and made to look promiscuous first before addressing the fact that she was raped.
That’s a good comparison.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:43 pm Outside of his family/friends, what significant portion of people think Floyd was a hero, or care anything about how he lived his life? The focus for the vast majority of people is how he died.

Candace will be inflammatory because being inflammatory makes her money, but this is the message the President wants amplified, apparently.
I agree with your first paragraph. I have only seen a few comments by Owens, not enough to form an opinion further than not someone I’m interested in regularly reading her mind numbingly close minded opinions.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:43 pm Outside of his family/friends, what significant portion of people think Floyd was a hero, or care anything about how he lived his life? The focus for the vast majority of people is how he died.

This. Officer Tatum and Terrance Williams too. Black people pandering to the far right is big business right now unfortunately.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

That’s why I rolled my eyes when people were praising Trump for calling the FBI. It never takes long for him to show his true colors.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Leave it to Trump to try and deflect from police brutality.
Francee89 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:41 pm President Donald Trump retweeted a message in which conservative provocateur Candace Owens attacked the character of George Floyd, whose death in police custody has spurred widespread anti-racism protests.

In the message shared by the president, conservative radio host Glenn Beck interviews Owens about Floyd's death, alongside the message: "I don't care WHAT George Floyd did. The officer should have never treated him like that and killed him! But we still must ask: Is he a HERO? BLEXIT founder @RealCandaceO gave her thoughts: 'The fact that he has been held up as a martyr sickens me.'"

"This is a guy with a very long record and a very long criminal record," Beck said.

Owens describes Floyd as a symbol of the "broken culture in black America today" and asserted that "he was not a good person."

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:34 pm Leave it to Trump to try and deflect from police brutality.
Francee89 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:41 pm President Donald Trump retweeted a message in which conservative provocateur Candace Owens attacked the character of George Floyd, whose death in police custody has spurred widespread anti-racism protests.

I think he just likes to play both sides of every issue. He goes on camera to declare he's an "ally" of peaceful protestors, to appear reasonable and defending constitution rights. Then he retweets attacks on the murdered man to blame the victim and give racists tacit approval as well. Always playing the crowd and courting votes. No actual moral compass, or logic, or belief system other than self-service.
Locked Previous topicNext topic