Black unemployment rate increased to 16.8%

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Trump is in front of,the cameras today surrounded by his old white friends bragging about the unemployment rate only being 13.3%.

Trump said the he’s sure George Floyd is looking down right now saying this is a great thing that’s happening to our country. “This is a great day for him. This is a great day for everyone.”

But true to form, Trump didn’t mention this is an ok day for white people who saw their unemployment go down to 12.4% from 14%. This is a bad day for black people who saw their unemployment rates go up to 16.8%.

Did he not know that people outside if his base would fact check his information?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I think we have more pressing issues than calling Trump a liar when we always know he lies or using Floyd’s death to bash his base.

What improvements do you think the “old white” left needs to make in terms of addressing our concerns with their party, so we can take this into consideration when we vote in November?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:37 pm I think we have more pressing issues than calling Trump a liar when we always know he lies or using Floyd’s death to bash his base.

What improvements do you think the “old white” left needs to make in terms of addressing our concerns with their party, so we can take this into consideration when we vote in November?
The old white left isn’t in charge right now. I know you love your “both sides” but today Trump and his conservatives, not the old white left, got in front of cameras and claimed George Floyd was looking down today and thinking it was a great day because unemployment went down a percentage point since last month.

This is news today. Did you read about it or you’re just trying to be politically correct?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:21 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:37 pm I think we have more pressing issues than calling Trump a liar when we always know he lies or using Floyd’s death to bash his base.

The old white left isn’t in charge right now. I know you love your “both sides” but today Trump and his conservatives, not the old white left, got in front of cameras and claimed George Floyd was looking down today and thinking it was a great day because unemployment went down a percentage point since last month.

This is news today. Did you read about it or you’re just trying to be politically correct?
The old white left want to be in charge and want to win in November. She is asking what improvement do you think they need to do in order to win so they are in charge some day and not big bad Orange man!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:37 pm

The old white left want to be in charge and want to win in November. She is asking what improvement do you think they need to do in order to win so they are in charge some day and not big bad Orange man!
When they old left guys come in to power we will get to criticize every move they make. But, Biden won’t fill his cabinet with old white guys and more Obama or Bush did.

The “orange man bad” is overplayed and a little bit ridiculous. Much like Trump claiming that George Floyd is looking down and thinking it’s a great day because unemployment for white people went down this month.

Did you watch it or read the transcript?
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There was a great and short article in the WP about the protesters now and the protesters back in the day of MLK.

The main takeaway was that Johnson sent the military to protect the nine students from harm after the desegregation ( Brown v Board of Education) case was decided. The author then added that today, trump uses the military to subdue and harm the mostly AA protesters.

So, I think that if Biden or whatever other "old white" dude that takes office, must not only ensure he will not use the military/paramilitary to use violence against them, but actually NEVER use it. Never let what is happening to protesters today at the hands of police and military happen again. To educate law enforcement on their roles as guardians and not warriors. To pass sweeping legislature that exacts ALL police departments to report all the people who the police kill. To have clear and concise wording in their union contracts about accountability re using deadly force. To get bipartisan support of Congress before any military is deployed on US ground and not used against our citizens; and have a clear and transparent chain of command for accountability.

There are so many other things, but the need for POC to feel safe again in this country, at least safer than they currently feel and are, is essential in the process of healing and changing the next generations to come. We may not change everyone to reject racism/profiling , etc, but we can change a large portion of the next generation and those that follow.

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

This is a bipartisan problem that the inability to see past your party line isn’t going to solve.

Trump being in office now isn’t an excuse. Elections are in 5 months with mounting calls to withhold the Black vote if both sides can’t stop exploiting us for political agendas/partisan fighting, listen to our concerns and try to come up with some sort of agenda.

So again, what do you think liberals need to do to address our concerns. Do you know what those concerns are?

Or are you satisfied with most using this to complain about Trump because it’s only wrong when he exploits this?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:03 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:37 pm

When they old left guys come in to power we will get to criticize every move they make. But, Biden won’t fill his cabinet with old white guys and more Obama or Bush did.

The “orange man bad” is overplayed and a little bit ridiculous. Much like Trump claiming that George Floyd is looking down and thinking it’s a great day because unemployment for white people went down this month.

Did you watch it or read the transcript?
Lord have mercy on our souls. This isn’t about who gets to criticize who.

We are so screwed.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:01 pm

This is a bipartisan problem that the inability to see past your party line isn’t going to solve.

Trump being in office now isn’t an excuse. Elections are in 5 months with mounting calls to withhold the Black vote if both sides can’t stop exploiting us for political agendas/partisan fighting, listen to our concerns and try to come up with some sort of agenda.

So again, what do you think liberals need to do to address our concerns. Do you know what those concerns are?

Or are you satisfied with most using this to complain about Trump because it’s only wrong when he exploits this?
What are you talking about? I’m speaking about the economy and a serious news story today and you talk about “us” and “liberals” and whatever.

This is about Trump lying about the unemployment numbers and claiming that a dead man is in the skies looking down happily. A news story today. Not about the elections. If you want to talk about the elections and “our” concerns, make a new subject.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:36 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:01 pm

What are you talking about? I’m speaking about the economy and a serious news story today and you talk about “us” and “liberals” and whatever.

This is about Trump lying about the unemployment numbers and claiming that a dead man is in the skies looking down happily. A news story today. Not about the elections. If you want to talk about the elections and “our” concerns, make a new subject.
No. You can argue with me, hell ignore me if you please. I’m not going to stop asking you that question as long as you feel the need to exploit this to “criticize”’ people and I’m not going to stop calling out the behavior.

You don’t give a f**k about Floyd no more than Trump does.
Locked Previous topicNext topic