Live TV Drew Brees issues apology for 'insensitive' comments

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:13 pm
Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:47 pm It's so pathetic when people don't stand by their comments/opinions because of pressure from the pc police.
Or it might be that people have the ability to learn from experience and genuinely want to be a better person. I'd like to think we all have that potential.
He got hassled into backing down on his original comment. He was pressured into making an apology ala ....

"Daryl Morey's original tweet included an image captioned: "Fight For Freedom. Stand With Hong Kong." But the coach backpedalled after a fierce criticism from Chinese fans, sponsors and commercial partners. Chinese broadcasters and streaming platforms said they would no longer broadcast Rockets games."

As I've said before, you are not allowed to have your own thoughts, ideas and/or feelings, unless it tows the line of the lunatic leftists.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:28 pm
Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:47 pm It's so pathetic when people don't stand by their comments/opinions because of pressure from the pc police.
Or it might be that people have the ability to learn from experience and genuinely want to be a better person. I'd like to think we all have that potential.
He got hassled into backing down on his original comment. He was pressured into making an apology ala ....

"Daryl Morey's original tweet included an image captioned: "Fight For Freedom. Stand With Hong Kong." But the coach backpedalled after a fierce criticism from Chinese fans, sponsors and commercial partners. Chinese broadcasters and streaming platforms said they would no longer broadcast Rockets games."

As I've said before, you are not allowed to have your own thoughts, ideas and/or feelings, unless it tows the line of the lunatic leftists.
No one is making anyone have thoughts, feelings, ideas or make statements. If you espouse an idea that is unpopular, you will hear a rebuttal. Sometimes in speech, sometimes in popularity, sometimes in financial fallout. The right to free speech does not mean freedom from consequence.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:28 pm

Speaking on this in general not you specifically.....

Drew Brees is responding to feedback he is getting from his Black teammates, NOLA community that has backed him and the Saints, win or lose and others he has built relationships with during his career. So it’s not just the “lunatic left” who I have also called out for ignoring us when it comes to Antifa and far left extremists because that isn’t just coming from Trump and the right either.

I think it’s awesome that he is willing to put politics down and listen to the people this is affecting and I’m willing to respect his stance on the flag because of that, even though it isn’t mine.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Agree 100%. All of this is for nothing and the problems won’t be solved until people are willing to listen/learn more than than prove their political point.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Good to see he’s focusing on things that matter - wading into this stupid debate - misrepresenting their protest target, which they do peacefully.

June 1st’s “I am your president of law and order and an ally of all peaceful protesters” lasted all of 4 days.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:54 pm Good to see he’s focusing on things that matter - wading into this stupid debate - misrepresenting their protest target, which they do peacefully.

June 1st’s “I am your president of law and order and an ally of all peaceful protesters” lasted all of 4 days.
I’m surprised it lasted 4 day. Did he says this before he tear gassed peaceful protesters to take pictures in front of the church?

It’s hard to keep up with the contradictions.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't think him having an opinion that certain actions are those of disrespect makes him a bad person. He doesn't need to be a "better person". That's his opinion. He's absolutely entitled to it.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:07 pm
Francee89 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:54 pm Good to see he’s focusing on things that matter - wading into this stupid debate - misrepresenting their protest target, which they do peacefully.

I’m surprised it lasted 4 day. Did he says this before he tear gassed peacefully protesting to take pictures in front of the church?

He said it immediately before the tear gassing, but the White House tried to distance themselves from that. This is the first 100% Donald indication he’s full of shit.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:48 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:07 pm

I’m surprised it lasted 4 day. Did he says this before he tear gassed peacefully protesting to take pictures in front of the church?

He said it immediately before the tear gassing, but the White House tried to distance themselves from that. This is the first 100% Donald indication he’s full of shit.
Dang I needed to edit my comment. Auto spell kills me. Lol

So he basically contradicted himself immediately because he didn’t mean it in the first place. Smfh

I knew it wasn’t gonna last when he was talking about his call to the FBI. He can’t support peaceful protests and please his extreme base because any form of protest is wrong. That’s why he is mad is bashing Brees now.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:25 pm
I don't think him having an opinion that certain actions are those of disrespect makes him a bad person. He doesn't need to be a "better person". That's his opinion. He's absolutely entitled to it.
Never said he was a bad person or not entitled to an opinion. In his own words he said he has reconsidered his earlier statement and now sees a bigger picture. My comment was that I believe he is sincere, and that people have the ability to learn, and experiences can lead them to a different viewpoint. Being able to grow and evolve in your viewpoint is healthy and leads to more understanding. Not everyone changes only due to "pressure" from others.
"“In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country.

“They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy.
https://news.yahoo.com/saints-drew-bree ... 40518.html

You can see his full comments here:
Locked Previous topicNext topic