Ahmaud Arbery was hit with a truck before he died, and his killer allegedly used a racial slur, investigator testifies

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

William Bryan told investigators he heard Travis McMichael use a racial epithet after fatally shooting Ahmaud Arbery in Glynn County, a Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent testified Thursday during preliminary hearings.

Bryan told police McMichael said "f***ing n***er" after three blasts from McMichael's shotgun left Arbery dead in February the streets of the Satilla Shores neighborhood, Assistant Special Agent in Charge Richard Dial said. Body camera footage also showed a Confederate flag sticker on the toolbox of McMichael's truck, Dial said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/us/mcmic ... index.html
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Damn. People are evil.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Reading this makes me ill and want to weep. I can't imagine what it is doing to his family. To think that they almost got away with it. My heart hurts.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

OMG...

https://www.insider.com/lindsay-mcmicha ... ogy-2020-5

the-sun.com/news/837071/sister-ahmaud-arbery-killer-picture-dead-body-snapchat/
306/232

SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They should absolutely be charged (and convicted) with a federal hate crime.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:29 pm OMG...

I swear, they are like every southern stereotype wrapped up in 1 fucked up, inbred family. I have yet to see any of them have any damn sense. Not a one.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:55 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:29 pm OMG...

I swear, they are like every southern stereotype wrapped up in 1 fucked up, inbred family. I have yet to see any of them have any damn sense. Not a one.
Seriously. Unfortunately, there are more just like them.
306/232

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The decent things coming out of this is that those idjits are definitely going on trial for murder *and* now, GA might actually have a hate crime law on the books. They are pushing for it heavily in light of this case. I hope it comes to fruition as we have needed one for quite a long time.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:09 am The decent things coming out of this is that those idjits are definitely going on trial for murder *and* now, GA might actually have a hate crime law on the books. They are pushing for it heavily in light of this case. I hope it comes to fruition as we have needed one for quite a long time.
Canada has official federal hate crimes on the books. Criminal Code of Canada, Section 319(2) makes it an offence to willfully promote hatred against any identifiable group, by making statements (other than in private conversation). The Crown prosecutor can proceed either by indictment or by summary process. The maximum penalty is imprisonment of not more than two years.
Locked Previous topicNext topic