Florida, Iowa have coronavirus spikes

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

New hot spots have already emerged as many state moved to open up before meeting Task Force guidelines. This data was from the end of May, before any protests.

CDC says new coronavirus outbreaks in a number of counties, including in states that have eased lockdown restrictions, like Florida and Alabama, according to a document....also includes persistent hot spots in Midwestern states — including three in Iowa and one each in South Dakota and Nebraska — that are home to major meat processing plants.

The list, which has not otherwise been made public, comes from a document created by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and disseminated to other federal agencies.

The CDC ranks the top nine counties and one independent city with rising infection levels. Most of those counties are either in the Midwest or the Southeast, where mostly Republican governors have been quick to reopen their states.

..new cases per 100,000 individuals over the past two weeks, which in this case were the last two weeks of May: Hamilton County, Fla.; City of Manassas, Va.; Dakota County, Neb.; East Carroll Parish, La.; Bullock County, Ala.; Jerauld County, S.D.; Buena Vista County, Iowa; Lowndes County, Ala.; Woodbury County, Iowa; Wright County, Iowa.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/counties-in- ... 08245.html
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The city of Toronto is the COVID-19 hotspot for Canada now. Infections are actually on the rise again.
Cupcake_mama_jzd
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:19 am The city of Toronto is the COVID-19 hotspot for Canada now. Infections are actually on the rise again.
I'm 4 hours south of Toronto. Our city was hit hard as well at first, due to many factors, but our numbers have been consistently on the lower side recently.

Are in the GTA?
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Cupcake_mama_jzd wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:01 pm
Linda_Runs wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:19 am The city of Toronto is the COVID-19 hotspot for Canada now. Infections are actually on the rise again.
I'm 4 hours south of Toronto. Our city was hit hard as well at first, due to many factors, but our numbers have been consistently on the lower side recently.

Are in the GTA?
Right now the hot spots are Toronto and the Brantford area I believe. Other than those areas, I see no reason why things can't start opening up.

I am in Eastern Ontario, but I visit the GTA at times. I didn't think there was a four hours south of Toronto! Windsor is three and half maybe, other than that it Michigan or New York.
Cupcake_mama_jzd
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:17 am
Cupcake_mama_jzd wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:01 pm

Are in the GTA?
Right now the hot spots are Toronto and the Brantford area I believe. Other than those areas, I see no reason why things can't start opening up.

I am in Eastern Ontario, but I visit the GTA at times. I didn't think there was a four hours south of Toronto! Windsor is three and half maybe, other than that it Michigan or New York.
Lol. I'm in Windsor. It takes us 4 hours to get to Toronto.

I hope Windsor doesn't open too soon. We're a border town and as soon as they open the border we'll be hit hard again.

We had two young migrant workers die this week. It's hitting that population hard. The only good that's coming from this is that the government is finally paying attention to how bad living conditions are for migrant workers and those in LTC homes. But it's terribly sad that so many lives had to be lost to finally shed light on the situation.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Memorial day
Locked Previous topicNext topic