George Bush weighs in.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

George Bush spoke out calling for empathy towards the people seeking justice saying that “achieving justice is the duty for all.”

From today’s New York Times.

Bush also said he was “anguished by the brutal suffocation of George Floyd and disturbed by the injustice and fear that suffocate our country. It remains a shocking failure that many African Americans, especially young African American young men, are harassed and threatened in their own country.

We can only see the reality of America’s need by seeing it through the eyes of the threatened, oppressed, and disenfranchised.

Many doubt the justice of our country, and with good reason. Black people see the repeated violation of their rights without an urgent and adequate response from American institutions.”

This is what we should be focusing on. This is what we should be hearing from our leaders.
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I like Bush but I have a hard time taking seriously any of these lifelong politicians say about it. If they are and were so concerned why did'nt they work to help the situation before this? Another thing that bothers me is .... politicians being referred to as "leaders" they are not our leaders they are our representatives. Everyone should realize the difference then maybe things will change.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Of course he did. Not enough division is happening so he needed to add to it. Maybe he should have cared about these issues when he was president.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He wasn't a "real" republican.

:-p
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Fliptopz4 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:34 am I like Bush but I have a hard time taking seriously any of these lifelong politicians say about it. If they are and were so concerned why did'nt they work to help the situation before this? Another thing that bothers me is .... politicians being referred to as "leaders" they are not our leaders they are our representatives. Everyone should realize the difference then maybe things will change.
^^Agreed!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I think George Bush is adorbs and I understand no one can fix this on their own but I don’t think he did anything to address this when he was in office. So I can’t take this serious either.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We know for a fact that Trump isn’t going to do anything about it, so do we just say what’s the point of it all?
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wish that he would keep to the policy he had for himself when Obama was in office...
I don't care what he has to say about anything. I don't care what Obama has to say, either. And it really doesn't matter what Trump says about anything, either.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This. He’s trying, and it is hard to do alone.
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:41 pm I think George Bush is adorbs and I understand no one can fix this on their own but I don’t think he did anything to address this when he was in office. So I can’t take this serious either.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:18 pm This. He’s trying, and it is hard to do alone.
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:41 pm I think George Bush is adorbs and I understand no one can fix this on their own but I don’t think he did anything to address this when he was in office. So I can’t take this serious either.
Agree. It is hard.
Locked Previous topicNext topic