Peaceful protesters gassed for POTUS photo op UPDATE

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:42 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:58 pm
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:51 pm

You fail. I don't have FB, I don't do twitter, nor snap chat. I don't follow anyone. This site is as close to social media that I get, and it's on the short end of people who can and do tell the truth.
You claimed that "social media is full of bullshit and completely unreliable" so I assumed that you had experience with it. Unlike social media sites like FB, Twitter, or SC, you can't filter content on momconfessions (unless you join closed groups and utilize the "foe" feature extensively). I wouldn't consider this site social media but I know that is debatable.
It is possible to know what is said on the various social sites without being a member or even lurking on them since other media publications repeat what is said there so many times as if the postings there were actual news. How many times have you read "Twitter exploded over .............." before, or "So & so broke the internet today when they posted a pic of her/himself ......................."

Yes, social media is full of bullshit and it is completely unreliable.
LOL. You beat me to the punch. That's basically what I just responded to her.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:57 pm

You fail. I don't have FB, I don't do twitter, nor snap chat. I don't follow anyone. This site is as close to social media that I get, and it's on the short end of people who can and do tell the truth.
You claimed that "social media is full of bullshit and completely unreliable" so I assumed that you had experience with it. Unlike social media sites like FB, Twitter, or SC, you can't filter content on momconfessions (unless you join closed groups and utilize the "foe" feature extensively). I wouldn't consider this site social media but I know that is debatable.
You don't need an account on FB, Twitter, etc. to know that it's a lot of bullshit. People talk about what they saw on FB or Twitter, all of the time. Twitter comments, in general, are constantly posted by the so called news. So, it's easy enough to find out what's making the rounds. It's a well known fact that so many people when posting something whether it's a meme or a supposed article or comment someone made, they add stuff that wasn't in the original, or they leave out the important words....They post to reflect what they want something to have said.
I don't know what to tell you. What you see on your social media is directly the result of whom you follow. If you are seeing crap, unfollow the crap posters. It's really not rocket science.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:00 pm

It is possible to know what is said on the various social sites without being a member or even lurking on them since other media publications repeat what is said there so many times as if the postings there were actual news. How many times have you read "Twitter exploded over .............." before, or "So & so broke the internet today when they posted a pic of her/himself ......................."

I know! I saw your comment, and how she didn't seem to understand that you can see what's on social media without having an account, so I felt I had to explain how that can happen.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:10 pm
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:57 pm

You don't need an account on FB, Twitter, etc. to know that it's a lot of bullshit. People talk about what they saw on FB or Twitter, all of the time. Twitter comments, in general, are constantly posted by the so called news. So, it's easy enough to find out what's making the rounds. It's a well known fact that so many people when posting something whether it's a meme or a supposed article or comment someone made, they add stuff that wasn't in the original, or they leave out the important words....They post to reflect what they want something to have said.
I don't know what to tell you. What you see on your social media is directly the result of whom you follow. If you are seeing crap, unfollow the crap posters. It's really not rocket science.
Apparently understanding the written word is like rocket science to you, way over your head. I don't have any social media, ergo, I don't have to unfollow anyone. What is so hard to understand about that? 29 also told you the same thing as I.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:15 pm

I know! I saw your comment, and how she didn't seem to understand that you can see what's on social media without having an account, so I felt I had to explain how that can happen.
Yup, and she still can't grasp the concept. She's still telling me to 'unfollow' the crap posters. LMAO
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:24 pm

Yup, and she still can't grasp the concept. She's still telling me to 'unfollow' the crap posters. LMAO
And if the media would actually report something beyond what was said on twitter and FB, I could remain blissfully unaware of the crap posted there!
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:38 pm

And if the media would actually report something beyond what was said on twitter and FB, I could remain blissfully unaware of the crap posted there!
I’ve never seen the news report on Facebook but Twitter is the only place the current president communicates so it’s become important. Beyond Twitter I don’t see any other social media that would be a helpful way to obtain news.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:59 pm
29again wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:38 pm

I’ve never seen the news report on Facebook but Twitter is the only place the current president communicates so it’s become important. Beyond Twitter I don’t see any other social media that would be a helpful way to obtain news.
I think Twitter can be an excellent source of national and local news, again depending on who you follow. We don't have cable so I rely on radio (NPR) and two print subscriptions (Washington Post and NYT). I also follow quite a few journalists from other news sites. I like the fact that I can check twitter during the day and quickly get updates. It's also a way for me to watch press briefings or testimony in real time.

I use my personal FB page to communicate with friends and family. We're kind of all spread out so it's nice to be able to communicate without making a call or email. FB is also the way I'm in touch with my community - business openings/closings, things to do, library updates, school updates, road closures, Chamber news, Dept. of Tourism, what's on tap at the brewery, etc. Frankly, I'm not sure how I would get all this information without copious amounts of googling.

I use my business FB page to promote our market and market vendors as well as follow guidelines put out by Dept. of Agriculture - which is changing weekly in the time of Covid-19. I send out a weekly newsletter (about 550) subscribers but give daily updates and reminders to my over 4000 followers on my business FB page. FB is a much more effective way to communicate.

Snapchat - I just post really beautiful pictures of what's in season. I'm still learning how to use Snapchat effectively.

Social media is a tool but it's only as good as the person using it.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The things some of my "friends" share is not what they're thinking or how they believe?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic