Peaceful protesters gassed for POTUS photo op UPDATE

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:40 am
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:35 pm
Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:32 pm

Trump using the Bible as a prop only made him look foolish. He doesn’t even go to church. The Archbishop of DC made it known pretty quick that the church was not happy with him using the Shrine as a political tool.
Honestly, I don't think it will make a difference. While main line protestant churches disavow Trump (they have from the beginning of his presidency), evangelicals still consider him "chosen". At least this is what I'm seeing on my social media. Trump is not losing supporters due to this obviously gratuitous photo op. There are those who are deeply offended ( those in the main line churches) but these are not and have for the most part never been Trump supporters. He doesn't care.
Social media is full of bullshit and completely unreliable.
The things some of my "friends" share is not what they're thinking or how they believe?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Does no one (speaking to his base) see the irony of him gassing his people in order to show his people how righteous he is?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:14 am Does no one (speaking to his base) see the irony of him gassing his people in order to show his people how righteous he is?
Seems like he doesn't consider them "his people". They aren't true American patriots in his eyes.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:32 pm

Trump using the Bible as a prop only made him look foolish. He doesn’t even go to church. The Archbishop of DC made it known pretty quick that the church was not happy with him using the Shrine as a political tool.
Honestly, I don't think it will make a difference. While main line protestant churches disavow Trump (they have from the beginning of his presidency), evangelicals still consider him "chosen". At least this is what I'm seeing on my social media. Trump is not losing supporters due to this obviously gratuitous photo op. There are those who are deeply offended ( those in the main line churches) but these are not and have for the most part never been Trump supporters. He doesn't care.
Social media is totally in the control of the user. If yours is full of bullshit and completely unreliable, you may want to revisit the people and groups you follow.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:55 am

Social media is totally in the control of the user. If yours is full of bullshit and completely unreliable, you may want to revisit the people and groups you follow.
You fail. I don't have FB, I don't do twitter, nor snap chat. I don't follow anyone. This site is as close to social media that I get, and it's on the short end of people who can and do tell the truth.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:51 pm

You fail. I don't have FB, I don't do twitter, nor snap chat. I don't follow anyone. This site is as close to social media that I get, and it's on the short end of people who can and do tell the truth.
You claimed that "social media is full of bullshit and completely unreliable" so I assumed that you had experience with it. Unlike social media sites like FB, Twitter, or SC, you can't filter content on momconfessions (unless you join closed groups and utilize the "foe" feature extensively). I wouldn't consider this site social media but I know that is debatable.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:58 pm

You claimed that "social media is full of bullshit and completely unreliable" so I assumed that you had experience with it. Unlike social media sites like FB, Twitter, or SC, you can't filter content on momconfessions (unless you join closed groups and utilize the "foe" feature extensively). I wouldn't consider this site social media but I know that is debatable.
It is possible to know what is said on the various social sites without being a member or even lurking on them since other media publications repeat what is said there so many times as if the postings there were actual news. How many times have you read "Twitter exploded over .............." before, or "So & so broke the internet today when they posted a pic of her/himself ......................."

Yes, social media is full of bullshit and it is completely unreliable.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:42 pm

It is possible to know what is said on the various social sites without being a member or even lurking on them since other media publications repeat what is said there so many times as if the postings there were actual news. How many times have you read "Twitter exploded over .............." before, or "So & so broke the internet today when they posted a pic of her/himself ......................."

Twitter can "explode" or someone can "break the internet" with a post. If you don't follow them, you won't see it on your social media. For example, I don't follow Trump on twitter so I don't know hour-by-hour what he is posting. I do follow some news organizations (i.e., AP and BBC) so if they post a tweet, I'll then know. That's on my twitter account. I only follow true friends and some groups (mainly professional) on FB so I never see any Trump tweets on FB. If someone on either of my social media feeds started posting stuff that I either wasn't interested in or found distasteful, I am free to block or unfriend them. Individuals are in control of their social media. How they decide to enact that control is up to them.

Again, if your personal social media is full of crap, that is a reflection of who you follow.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:52 pm
29again wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:42 pm

Twitter can "explode" or someone can "break the internet" with a post. If you don't follow them, you won't see it on your social media. For example, I don't follow Trump on twitter so I don't know hour-by-hour what he is posting. I do follow some news organizations (i.e., AP and BBC) so if they post a tweet, I'll then know. That's on my twitter account. I only follow true friends and some groups (mainly professional) on FB so I never see any Trump tweets on FB. If someone on either of my social media feeds started posting stuff that I either wasn't interested in or found distasteful, I am free to block or unfriend them. Individuals are in control of their social media. How they decide to enact that control is up to them.

Again, if your personal social media is full of crap, that is a reflection of who you follow.
I understand YOUR point, and I don't partake in any of those social sites. Yet, by looking at Yahoo, or reading an article here or there, I get to HEAR about these postings. That is MY point, that one need not be signed up on these sites to know some of what goes on, thereby making me all the more happy that I am NOT on those sites.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You don't need an account on FB, Twitter, etc. to know that it's a lot of bullshit. People talk about what they saw on FB or Twitter, all of the time. Twitter comments, in general, are constantly posted by the so called news. So, it's easy enough to find out what's making the rounds. It's a well known fact that so many people when posting something whether it's a meme or a supposed article or comment someone made, they add stuff that wasn't in the original, or they leave out the important words....They post to reflect what they want something to have said.
Locked Previous topicNext topic