Peaceful protesters gassed for POTUS photo op UPDATE

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It appears "pepper ball" gas was used and not "tear gas"
The U.S.Park Police, one of the law enforcement agencies involved with clearing the park on Monday, denied using tear gas. But the agency acknowledged using "pepper balls," another chemical irritant.

A pepper ball is a projectile that contains chemicals, like pepper spray, that would irritate the eyes and lungs. Such a combination with smoke canisters would create clouds of a chemical irritant that would cause tearing.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests that "tear gas" and "riot control agents" are terms that can be used interchangeably. On its website, the agency also states that "pepper spray" is a "riot control agent."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 128855001/
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

The Episcopal Church has not supported Trump on most of his initiatives. To use the church as a backdrop for his press op, especially connoting violence, is particularly offensive to the church and their members. Trump didn't have this group as supporters so he has no risk in offending them. While disgusting, it has no political disadvantage for him so "all's good" in Trump mind.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Well they didn't clear with tear gas so....
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:21 pm The Episcopal Church has not supported Trump on most of his initiatives. To use the church as a backdrop for his press op, especially connoting violence, is particularly offensive to the church and their members. Trump didn't have this group as supporters so he has no risk in offending them. While disgusting, it has no political disadvantage for him so "all's good" in Trump mind.
Trump using the Bible as a prop only made him look foolish. He doesn’t even go to church. The Archbishop of DC made it known pretty quick that the church was not happy with him using the Shrine as a political tool.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:32 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:21 pm The Episcopal Church has not supported Trump on most of his initiatives. To use the church as a backdrop for his press op, especially connoting violence, is particularly offensive to the church and their members. Trump didn't have this group as supporters so he has no risk in offending them. While disgusting, it has no political disadvantage for him so "all's good" in Trump mind.
Trump using the Bible as a prop only made him look foolish. He doesn’t even go to church. The Archbishop of DC made it known pretty quick that the church was not happy with him using the Shrine as a political tool.
Honestly, I don't think it will make a difference. While main line protestant churches disavow Trump (they have from the beginning of his presidency), evangelicals still consider him "chosen". At least this is what I'm seeing on my social media. Trump is not losing supporters due to this obviously gratuitous photo op. There are those who are deeply offended ( those in the main line churches) but these are not and have for the most part never been Trump supporters. He doesn't care.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:35 pm
Honestly, I don't think it will make a difference. While main line protestant churches disavow Trump (they have from the beginning of his presidency), evangelicals still consider him "chosen". At least this is what I'm seeing on my social media. Trump is not losing supporters due to this obviously gratuitous photo op. There are those who are deeply offended ( those in the main line churches) but these are not and have for the most part never been Trump supporters. He doesn't care.
I agree. His base has shown that they just don’t care what he does or says. It’s almost as if they have no principles, anything goes, and I’m not sure why. These aren’t the usual conservative Republicans either. This base is a whole new breed.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Social media is full of bullshit and completely unreliable.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:50 pm

I agree. His base has shown that they just don’t care what he does or says. It’s almost as if they have no principles, anything goes, and I’m not sure why. These aren’t the usual conservative Republicans either. This base is a whole new breed.
Let's talk about principles. You're more outraged he stood in front of a church than you are at the fact it was set on F***ing fire!!! Get your head out of your ass or shut the f**k up hypocrite!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:49 am

Let's talk about principles. You're more outraged he stood in front of a church than you are at the fact it was set on F***ing fire!!! Get your head out of your ass or shut the f**k up hypocrite!
People are upset that American citizens exercising the right to protest were herded by mounted police officers using canisters and flash bombs. For the purpose of a photo opportunity where no words were said, no prayers, no leadership.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bred from the TEA PARTY remnants.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic