Trump hides in a bunker while criticizing those doing the work

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:42 pm Even if you are a fan of Trump, the fact that he's encouraging violence and use of force while hiding in a bunker should be galling.
Trying to be like Putin telling the governors to use force while hiding behind Twitter. I can’t see Putin allowing anyone to put him in a bunker while his country is burning.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:49 pm Exactly. Nothing shocking about the head of a government being protected. But thing is that instead of using this time to encourage unity, and showing leadership, he’s egging the discord on and creating more division from the safety of his bunker. You don’t want to address your people to give them some reassurance? Fine. Huge mistake, but whatever. But it’s just adding insult to injury to start twittering crap to inflame the discord. Pathetic. But very much in character, really...
jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:42 pm Even if you are a fan of Trump, the fact that he's encouraging violence and use of force while hiding in a bunker should be galling.
He just threatened to sic the US Army on states that don't use force the way he thinks they should. What a fascist.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:19 pm Now, I can't stand Trump.. however, he *is* the president. I'm not sure they would *allow* him to go to a protest site as the president due to the danger he would be in. I don't think they would let *any* president to go to a protest due to the danger and would hide them away.
* Someone needs to take away his ability to tweet..but, I don't think Obama should have been tweeting either and he was coherent and a great guy*
Ya, this is an ignorant post.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:05 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:19 pm Now, I can't stand Trump.. however, he *is* the president. I'm not sure they would *allow* him to go to a protest site as the president due to the danger he would be in. I don't think they would let *any* president to go to a protest due to the danger and would hide them away.
* Someone needs to take away his ability to tweet..but, I don't think Obama should have been tweeting either and he was coherent and a great guy*
Ya, this is an ignorant post.
When Trump said he could murder someone on Fifth Avenue and still get votes he had you in mind.
Maybe this is a small thing but his responses have not been worthy of a competent leader.
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

I think he was moved to a bunker for safety and security reasons. Same reason for not making any appearances. I doubt any seated leader would put themselves in the middle of a volatile situation.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SilentNeko wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:33 pm I think he was moved to a bunker for safety and security reasons. Same reason for not making any appearances. I doubt any seated leader would put themselves in the middle of a volatile situation.
He created a volatile situation. Literally just now. Gave a speech about deploying troops on American citizens and then had peaceful protestors tear-gassed so he could have a photo-op.
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:35 pm
SilentNeko wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:33 pm I think he was moved to a bunker for safety and security reasons. Same reason for not making any appearances. I doubt any seated leader would put themselves in the middle of a volatile situation.
He created a volatile situation. Literally just now. Gave a speech about deploying troops on American citizens and then had peaceful protestors tear-gassed so he could have a photo-op.
I haven’t turned the tv on today........or really looked at my social media. This combined with the Covid, I don’t think I can handle much more. I do know the active duty troop deployment has already come up already to clear the streets in Minneapolis.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

He cleared the path by deploying tear gas on peaceful protesters. Then standing on the steps of St. Johns he gave his speech evoking violence against portions of our population. This was the statement put out by St. Johns this morning:

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hea ... w0JtCRTuDI

I would think that the clergy and parishioners of St. Johns are horrified at being used in this way. My husband who is Episcopalian is horrified. I'm not religious and I am.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Ahead of his appearance on Monday evening, a debate had raged among Trump's advisers over how and whether he should address protests that have spread to dozens of cities.
And Trump himself was angered by coverage depicting him holed up in an underground bunker. He told aides on Monday he wanted to be seen outside the White House gates, according to a person familiar with the matter, which is part of what drove the decision to stage the photo-op at St. John's Church.
Trump and his family were rushed to an underground bunker on the White House complex as protests raged outside the building on Friday evening. Trump wasn't seen on Sunday and spent most of Monday behind closed doors -- leading to concern even from his allies that he was absent at a moment of national crisis."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics ... index.html
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:57 pm
He cleared the path by deploying tear gas on peaceful protesters. Then standing on the steps of St. Johns he gave his speech evoking violence against portions of our population. This was the statement put out by St. Johns this morning:

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hea ... w0JtCRTuDI

I would think that the clergy and parishioners of St. Johns are horrified at being used in this way. My husband who is Episcopalian is horrified. I'm not religious and I am.
Based on the priest that was interviewed from St. Johns today, I’m sure he’s horrified. He supported the protests and said their damage was minimal.
Locked Previous topicNext topic