Trump hides in a bunker while criticizing those doing the work

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s very discouraging and probably one of the downsides of democracy, but it seems that by now, people don’t want leaders anymore. I don’t know, maybe they’re now so rights-oriented and self centered that what they want is a puppet who will bend over backwards to appeal to them, to do what they want for their own benefits and comfort, but they resent an actual leader who will do what needs to be done for the benefit of all.
People want what they want and sadly, they tend to confuse it with what they need. And leaders today are chosen by what people want, when more often than not it’s not what we need. A true leader has the cojones to do what needs to be done, regardless of how many people want it.
Lemons wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:14 pm This is just such common sense it’s hard to believe the excuses made for him, still, after almost four years in office. (I’m not referring to you mcgginisc)
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:10 pm Of course he shouldn’t be going in the midst of a protest to try himself to calm things down. No one is suggesting that. But to refuse to even give an address to the nation? To just go “well, I sent the National Guard, what more do you want?!?” is not the attitude of a leader who should at least show some face when his nation is in turmoil. When things like this happen you come up with a way to deal with it, you take the reins and you take charge of the situation. You don’t hide out in safety refusing to even talk to your people and reassure them that you’ll do more than throw the National Guard so they can sort it out.
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:19 pm Now, I can't stand Trump.. however, he *is* the president. I'm not sure they would *allow* him to go to a protest site as the president due to the danger he would be in. I don't think they would let *any* president to go to a protest due to the danger and would hide them away.
* Someone needs to take away his ability to tweet..but, I don't think Obama should have been tweeting either and he was coherent and a great guy*
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:05 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:13 pm
Lemons wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:27 pm

No, I wouldn’t expect him to show up at a protest site. I would expect him to address the nation live on TV like every other leader of a country. What he did all weekend was agitate the situation with ugly Tweets. And the bunker? There was no threat to him and it made him look weak.

I don’t agree someone should take away his Tweet. It’s the only time we can hear what he really thinks. And we have a right to know what he’s thinking.
Then why make comments that he is hiding if you do not expect him to make an appearance? Either he is wrong for not visiting like Biden or he isn't. You cannot have it both ways.
Address the nation? I guess.. I don't agree about the twitter thjng, but I think twitter is trash regardless of who is using it. I do not think any elected official should be using it personally..,especially the president as they have enough to do without farting around on social media.
Of course people expect their leader to speak in front of a nation in crisis, not hide in a bunker. Biden made an appearance by going out. trump can’t do that so he needs to make his appearance on TV.

What do you mean, you guess? You don’t think it’s the job of the leader to lead during a time of crisis? Presidents come out and speak to a nation in crisis. Like Bush’s speech on 9/11 where he called for justice and peace. It’s their job.
I expect the Security team to do what *they* feel is the most responsible thing for whomever is in office whether I like them or not. If they feel he needs to be in a bunker, so be it. I'm just glad it is not my responsibility to make those decisions. Sure.. address the nation when the security team feels it is viable. Honestly? I don't like him and won't listen to anything he says anyway so I don't care if he speaks at all. I just want his behind out of office in November.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We don't see a teeny tiny difference between the leader of the free world and a candidate? One who isn't even serving any kind of capacity?

There's not going to be a bit of difference of Biden were to become even more disabled by getting caught in the fray. The leader of the free world becoming incapacitated at a time like this, however, would be complete anarchy. Of course they brought him into a bunker. They were breaching the barriers around the Whitehouse.

You honest to G-d can't make that distinction on your own? Good grief.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:49 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:43 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:32 pm

I think Twitter can be a very effective communication tool. Unfortunately, Trump does not use it effectively.
We can agree to disagree...I do not find anything redeeming about it at all.
It's only as good as those you follow. I don't follow Trump!
I don't use it as I don't feel the need to know what everyone in the world is thinking every second of the day which is all it is good for IMO. I don't care about celebrities or anything so I find it a useless form of social media..I find a lot of social media useless though ( for me). I don't care if others use it unless they are an elected official and then I think they should focus on their job instead of social media. They were elected for a job..not to tweet all darn day long.
Claire
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:10 pm Of course he shouldn’t be going in the midst of a protest to try himself to calm things down. No one is suggesting that. But to refuse to even give an address to the nation? To just go “well, I sent the National Guard, what more do you want from me!?” is not the attitude of a leader who should at least show some face when his nation is in turmoil. And then to make it even worse by twittering crap meant to inflame the situation? Disgraceful! He should aim to be a uniting voice now, as much as possible, not to be more divisive for his own benefit and hide out during the problem just to get votes (and he’s losing more than he’s gaining, lol).
When things like this happen you come up with a way to deal with it, you take the reins and you take charge of the situation. You don’t hide out in safety refusing to even talk to your people and reassure them that you’ll do more than throw the National Guard so they can sort it out.
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:19 pm Now, I can't stand Trump.. however, he *is* the president. I'm not sure they would *allow* him to go to a protest site as the president due to the danger he would be in. I don't think they would let *any* president to go to a protest due to the danger and would hide them away.
* Someone needs to take away his ability to tweet..but, I don't think Obama should have been tweeting either and he was coherent and a great guy*
Yes..he should lead..he has done a piss poor job of it for the last 3 years so the fact that *anyone* expects anything different now is baffling. However, OP specifically made comments about hiding in a bunker while Biden went out to a protest site. You can't say don't hide in a bunker while others go out when he wouldn't be allowed to go out to begin with.. it is silly IMO to even allude to it. I can't even get mad at him at this point as he is doing the same thing he has done for 3 years.. play on twitter instead of doing anything meaningful for this country. All I can do at this point is hope that in November he is gone and that he can't do anymore damage to this country.
Claire
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That I agree with. Why anyone expected him to suddenly live up to the challenge is beyond me. He hasn’t shown any leadership capabilities in his life, would those suddenly make an appearance out of nowhere? And I agree that it’s ridiculous to focus on the bunkering part when this is much more bigger than that. I’m sure if Obama, or Clinton or Bush had gone into a bunker at a time of crisis no one would have questioned that. During times of chaos and crisis it’s essential to maintain leadership, that’s the whole idea behind the designated survivor concept. The focus should be on his weakness and inability to even address the nation in a positive way, and that can be done in a bunke. Anyone who cannot do that, cannot be a “leader”. A leader has to be someone who can relate to and understand the people he/she is leading and therefore create this sense of solidarity. How can Trump claim now to be a proper leader when all his campaign and presidency have really been about he’s above us all? And that he’s only “leading” thise he likes?
I understand wanting to criticize him over this, but it’s counterproductive to focus on the bunkering. Focus on his impotence and inability to be a uniting figure, a strong leader in times of crisis. That should tell you that he’s completely inadequate for the job.
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:35 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:10 pm Of course he shouldn’t be going in the midst of a protest to try himself to calm things down. No one is suggesting that. But to refuse to even give an address to the nation? To just go “well, I sent the National Guard, what more do you want from me!?” is not the attitude of a leader who should at least show some face when his nation is in turmoil. And then to make it even worse by twittering crap meant to inflame the situation? Disgraceful! He should aim to be a uniting voice now, as much as possible, not to be more divisive for his own benefit and hide out during the problem just to get votes (and he’s losing more than he’s gaining, lol).
When things like this happen you come up with a way to deal with it, you take the reins and you take charge of the situation. You don’t hide out in safety refusing to even talk to your people and reassure them that you’ll do more than throw the National Guard so they can sort it out.
Yes..he should lead..he has done a piss poor job of it for the last 3 years so the fact that *anyone* expects anything different now is baffling. However, OP specifically made comments about hiding in a bunker while Biden went out to a protest site. You can't say don't hide in a bunker while others go out when he wouldn't be allowed to go out to begin with.. it is silly IMO to even allude to it. I can't even get mad at him at this point as he is doing the same thing he has done for 3 years.. play on twitter instead of doing anything meaningful for this country. All I can do at this point is hope that in November he is gone and that he can't do anymore damage to this country.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:30 pm We don't see a teeny tiny difference between the leader of the free world and a candidate? One who isn't even serving any kind of capacity?

There's not going to be a bit of difference of Biden were to become even more disabled by getting caught in the fray. The leader of the free world becoming incapacitated at a time like this, however, would be complete anarchy. Of course they brought him into a bunker. They were breaching the barriers around the Whitehouse.

You honest to G-d can't make that distinction on your own? Good grief.
When a president is calling the governors of our states weak, cowards, soft, and every other insult and then becomes the first president who is rushed to a bunker during protests at the White House, it’s kind of par for the course for him. It’s the hypocrisy that is intolerable.

To many people, the going to a bunker when your own citizens are protesting made him look old and fearful. Things he ridicules others of being. I guess no more jokes about Biden hanging out in the basement.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Even if you are a fan of Trump, the fact that he's encouraging violence and use of force while hiding in a bunker should be galling.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Exactly. Nothing shocking about the head of a government being protected. But thing is that instead of using this time to encourage unity, and showing leadership, he’s egging the discord on and creating more division from the safety of his bunker. You don’t want to address your people to give them some reassurance? Fine. Huge mistake, but whatever. But it’s just adding insult to injury to start twittering crap to inflame the discord. Pathetic. But very much in character, really...
jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:42 pm Even if you are a fan of Trump, the fact that he's encouraging violence and use of force while hiding in a bunker should be galling.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

The difference between messaging of our former president and current president is staggering. I don't see "staying in his bunker" as literal but rather metaphorical. Trump has proved today and last night that he is as detached from the reality of what is happening in the US as all his detractors have said he was - all along. I am sure I'm not the only person who was not surprised but still gobsmacked by his rhetoric with the governors today. Where is the statement of calm and unity? Where is the statement that people's pain and suffering will be addressed? Really, are we at the point that our president is only offering violence and "no quarter" for those who are suffering and in pain in our country?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic