Trump hides in a bunker while criticizing those doing the work

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As presidential candidate Biden went to a protest site near his home, Trump was hiding in a bunker. Trump telling the governors they look like "jerks" if they don't jail protesters for long periods of time and how they need to be tough really loses credibility when it's become known that he hid at the first sign of protesters on Friday night. I can only imagine the ridicule Obama would receive from Fox News if he hid in a bunker at the first sign of protesters.

No sign of the president of the United States as the country burned. Inexplicable Tweets about antifa and other nonsense but he was too cowardly to address the nation.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Now, I can't stand Trump.. however, he *is* the president. I'm not sure they would *allow* him to go to a protest site as the president due to the danger he would be in. I don't think they would let *any* president to go to a protest due to the danger and would hide them away.
* Someone needs to take away his ability to tweet..but, I don't think Obama should have been tweeting either and he was coherent and a great guy*
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:19 pm Now, I can't stand Trump.. however, he *is* the president. I'm not sure they would *allow* him to go to a protest site as the president due to the danger he would be in. I don't think they would let *any* president to go to a protest due to the danger and would hide them away.
* Someone needs to take away his ability to tweet..but, I don't think Obama should have been tweeting either and he was coherent and a great guy*
No, I wouldn’t expect him to show up at a protest site. I would expect him to address the nation live on TV like every other leader of a country. What he did all weekend was agitate the situation with ugly Tweets. And the bunker? There was no threat to him and it made him look weak.

I don’t agree someone should take away his Tweet. It’s the only time we can hear what he really thinks. And we have a right to know what he’s thinking.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Say what you want, but his safety is first because of the office he holds. Like it or not. There's no way in hell he would be allowed anywhere near what has been happening. The image you're trying to give here of him "hiding" is not correct. When things happen in the country there are protocols that go with the office that are followed. Some, even he has no choice but to follow.

As far as tweets - yeah... But hiding? No.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:46 pm As presidential candidate Biden went to a protest site near his home, Trump was hiding in a bunker. Trump telling the governors they look like "jerks" if they don't jail protesters for long periods of time and how they need to be tough really loses credibility when it's become known that he hid at the first sign of protesters on Friday night. I can only imagine the ridicule Obama would receive from Fox News if he hid in a bunker at the first sign of protesters.

No sign of the president of the United States as the country burned. Inexplicable Tweets about antifa and other nonsense but he was too cowardly to address the nation.
Imagine seeing everything that's going in right now and thinking more force is what is called for. He is completely the wrong person for this moment.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:19 pm Now, I can't stand Trump.. however, he *is* the president. I'm not sure they would *allow* him to go to a protest site as the president due to the danger he would be in. I don't think they would let *any* president to go to a protest due to the danger and would hide them away.
I don't think he was actually the one tweeting when he was president. It was someone on his staff.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:27 pm
No, I wouldn’t expect him to show up at a protest site. I would expect him to address the nation live on TV like every other leader of a country. What he did all weekend was agitate the situation with ugly Tweets. And the bunker? There was no threat to him and it made him look weak.

I don’t agree someone should take away his Tweet. It’s the only time we can hear what he really thinks. And we have a right to know what he’s thinking.
Then why make comments that he is hiding if you do not expect him to make an appearance? Either he is wrong for not visiting like Biden or he isn't. You cannot have it both ways.
Address the nation? I guess.. I don't agree about the twitter thjng, but I think twitter is trash regardless of who is using it. I do not think any elected official should be using it personally..,especially the president as they have enough to do without farting around on social media.
Claire
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:36 pm
I don't think he was actually the one tweeting when he was president. It was someone on his staff.
Maybe. I do not think any elected official should use that crap. Twitter is one of the dumbest forms of social media IMO.
Claire
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

he turned off the exterior WH lights and literally hid in a bunker
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:13 pm
Lemons wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:27 pm

Then why make comments that he is hiding if you do not expect him to make an appearance? Either he is wrong for not visiting like Biden or he isn't. You cannot have it both ways.
Address the nation? I guess.. I don't agree about the twitter thjng, but I think twitter is trash regardless of who is using it. I do not think any elected official should be using it personally..,especially the president as they have enough to do without farting around on social media.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:15 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:36 pm
Maybe. I do not think any elected official should use that crap. Twitter is one of the dumbest forms of social media IMO.
I think Twitter can be a very effective communication tool. Unfortunately, Trump does not use it effectively.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic