Big-city Dems who had imposed strict coronavirus lockdowns now let George Floyd rioters flout rules

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The coronavirus lockdown is seemingly down and out, as many Democrats in charge of big cities -- including several who once insisted on strict quarantine measures -- line up to champion the nationwide mass demonstrations over the in-custody death of George Floyd, sans social distancing.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo lashed out at protesters calling to reopen the state earlier this month, saying at a news conference, "you have no right to jeopardize my health ... and my children's health and your children's health." Cuomo's directives have been enforced throughout the state: A New York City tanning salon owner told Fox News he was fined $1,000 for reopening briefly last week, calling the situation "insane" and saying he already was "broke."

On Friday, though, Cuomo said he "stands" with those defying stay-at-home orders: "Nobody is sanctioning the arson, and the thuggery and the burglaries, but the protesters and the anger and the fear and the frustration? Yes. Yes, and the demand is for justice."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/george ... -lockdowns
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How very hypocritical of him.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The virus doesn't spread at riots.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:15 pm The virus doesn't spread at riots.
I must have missed that new briefing from Cuomo!
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:15 pm The virus doesn't spread at riots.
I read that rioting actually cures the virus.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Someone we know personally said regarding the masks being worn at the riots especially, "Well at least they're trying to stay safe during Covid."

Or....

Perhaps they're attempting to cover their identities.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I live in a staunchly Republican city of around a million people. Our authorities did not want to shut down for a highly contagious pandemic, but they quite quickly made the decision late yesterday afternoon to put the entire city (the largest in the US geographically) under curfew from 8 last night to 6 this morning.

With so many cities across the country being placed under curfew, and these people dressed in black showing up in many of these cities, I'm thinking the feds disseminated a report to local authorities about their identities.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Police brutality and systematic racism are public health crises as much as COVID, especially for POC, and more worth the risk than haircuts or opening the mall.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

New Yorkers need to rise up and remove that sob from office. Otherwise, you'll have to live with his dictatorship for another 2 1/2 years.
Locked Previous topicNext topic