Biden calls for an end to violent riots as it's revealed his campaign donated to a group that pays bail for protesters

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

Joe Biden is calling for an end to the violent protests in Minneapolis, Minnesota over the killing of George Floyd, but his campaign staffers are also funding bail money to protesters who were arrested in the midst of the riots.

In a statement posted to Medium and sent out to his supporters through a campaign email, Biden demanded demonstrators stop 'burning down communities' in the midst of their protests.

'Protesting such brutality is right and necessary,' the presumed Democratic nominee admitted in the statement. 'It's an utterly American response.'

'But burning down communities and needless destruction is not,' he continued. 'Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.'

Biden's comments calling for an end to the violence, which has broken out all over the country, comes as it was revealed that at least 13 of his campaign staff have donated to the Minnesota Freedom Fund, which helps pay the bail fees of those arrested in the city.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... polis.html
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

Well. If this true, that is certainly awkward. Still not going to vote for the man, though.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SilentNeko wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:39 pm Well. If this true, that is certainly awkward. Still not going to vote for the man, though.
Why is it awkward that they donated to the Minnesota Freedom Fund? Kind of a stretch from a tabloid news paper trying to make this a story.

This poster reminds me of Libby, just desperately googling, looking for stories and coming up with garbage.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wow... can you say “huge stretch”?
I mean, in a way it’s cute Howe the reality of a possible loss isn’t hitting Trump and his puppets. First he starts throwing around the idea of the possibility of fraudulent elections (in case he loses, of course) and now pathetic arguments like this against the opposing candidate? Can it be more desperate?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

Maybe it isn’t awkward. I mean the current White House resident set a new bar of achievement for those coming into office after him. That is. If this story is true. I’m to lazy today to fact check anything.
Lemons wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:12 pm
SilentNeko wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:39 pm Well. If this true, that is certainly awkward. Still not going to vote for the man, though.
Why is it awkward that they donated to the Minnesota Freedom Fund? Kind of a stretch from a tabloid news paper trying to make this a story.

This poster reminds me of Libby, just desperately googling, looking for stories and coming up with garbage.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I’m seeing a lot of what appears to be conservatives bashing celebrities or Biden for donating to Freedom Fund. It has been historically common to set up funds to bail out protestors since the MLK days. This isn’t a practice that specifically supports riots.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:23 am I’m seeing a lot of what appears to be conservatives bashing celebrities or Biden for donating to Freedom Fund. It has been historically common to set up funds to bail out protestors since the MLK days. This isn’t a practice that specifically supports riots.
I’d be okay with it if they could guarantee that the money wasn’t going towards people who were looting. I’d also be willing to donate towards the small business that have been destroyed
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:38 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:23 am I’m seeing a lot of what appears to be conservatives bashing celebrities or Biden for donating to Freedom Fund. It has been historically common to set up funds to bail out protestors since the MLK days. This isn’t a practice that specifically supports riots.
I’d be okay with it if they could guarantee that the money wasn’t going towards people who were looting. I’d also be willing to donate towards the small business that have been destroyed
It’s bail money, it isn’t money to free people from facing charges. None of been tried or convicted of a crime so it isn’t clear yet who looted and who might have been falsely charged. It only helps low income people have the same benefits of wealthier people which is to be able to go home and prepare for their court date.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I fail to see why paying bail money for protestors is a bad thing. That just makes me want to vote for him even more.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It'll be interesting when ANTIFA officially becomes classified as a terrorist organization. Then everyone who is financially supporting the anarchists through these donations can get their assets frozen for providing money to terrorists, and RICO charges come into play. I wonder how all of this will shake out.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic