Biden calls for an end to violent riots as it's revealed his campaign donated to a group that pays bail for protesters

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:22 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:40 pm
Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:20 pm

They aren't comparable to Trump because they have no power to destroy a nation like he does. You can say the people who follow antifa posts and twitter and show up at rallies to violently confront others are bad people. But they aren't an organization with a leader and meetings and plans to kill like terrorist groups. I don't agree with them either but I don't agree with allowing Trump to divert attention from the protesters and try to pin all damage on the name Antifa. It's a lie.

And once Trump specifically blamed antifa on all the damage, there were all kinds of groups dressing in black trying to look like antifa causing damage all kinds of damage. This isn't the time to be talking about antifa. He should be talking to police organizations, governors, black leaders and whoever else can help come up with a plan for peace and change. Instead we're discussing antifa.

Using this video as a general example.......

We do need to talk about Antifa and far left extremists because this type of behavior has gone on long before these riots started and they are apart of the problem, just as much as Trump.

Idk about naming them a terrorist organization but a lot of the backlash they get is earned.
I'd like to know who those people dressed in black are. I wonder if they carry ID.

:idea: I may go through the arrest records from the weekend and try to see who's who.

How can he name it a terrorist organization when it's technically not an organization?
The video was just an example of the type of behavior I’m sick of. Im not so concerned about the girls identity because it won’t really change my won’t change my opinion TBH.

I don’t see Trump naming them as a terrorist group, but I’m not getting worked up about him saying it either. This whole situation is the last straw when it comes to extremists and I’m over the finger pointing over who is most wrong when both are contributing to the problem.

Hope that makes sense ma’m.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:21 pm

We do need to talk about Antifa and far left extremists because this type of behavior has gone on long before these riots started and they are apart of the problem, just as much as Trump.

Idk about naming them a terrorist organization but a lot of the backlash they get is earned.
I'd like to know who those people dressed in black are. I wonder if they carry ID.

:idea: I may go through the arrest records from the weekend and try to see who's who.

How can he name it a terrorist organization when it's technically not an organization?
The video was just an example of the type of behavior I’m sick of. Im not so concerned about the girls identity because it won’t really change my won’t change my opinion TBH.

I don’t see Trump naming them as a terrorist group, but I’m not getting worked up about him saying it either. This whole situation is the last straw when it comes to extremists and I’m over the finger pointing over who is most wrong when both are contributing to the problem.

You actually finger pointed calling these girls part of the left. Most of these petty vandalizers have been random young people who are part of nothing.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's infuriating to watch this third party, whoever they are, inflaming the agitation and the righteous protesters talking the heat for this - according to some.

I think, at least hope, most people are realizing that none of this is coming from the legitimate protesters and that they're being used as a shield for the anarchy. I've seen several videos of the actual protesters coming upon the anarchists doing crap like spray painting, breaking windows and pulling boards off of buildings. They're giving them hell, telling them they didn't ask them to do any of this and running them off. Terrance Floyd came out and told the anarchists to cut the crap, that George was his blood and THEY don't even want this destruction and violence.

I can't imagine how frustrating this is for the protesters, who have a legitimate issue and need help, to have their message be bastardized and obliterated like this.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:42 pm

You actually finger pointed calling these girls part of the left. Most of these petty vandalizers have been random young people who are part of nothing.

So you’re saying no one on the left is guilty of similar behavior?

Is it that hard to hold your party responsible? Or should we only worry about what conservatives do that contribute to the problem?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

What makes this situation, IMO, exponentially more difficult is when our government is labeling the rioters and looters as part of one ideology without proof. I don't doubt that there are some people who identify with ANTIFA who are causing the destruction. I equally don't doubt there are some white supremacists that are doing the same. There are of course those who are just opportunistic and using this situation to rage and loot. But Trump is only blaming the far left and again, IMO, that is wrong. Don't forget that he retweeted just a few days ago someone saying "the only good democrat is a dead democrat". And it seems as if he goes out of his way to blame the left even when there is nothing there:

Rioters and looters should be treated individually, not as a block cause, because their reasons for looting and rioting are varied.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I think it’s great that his campaign has donated to the freedom fund. So many of the arrests have been innocent protestors who were out past curfew or anyone they could grab while the riots were going on. I believe they should be allowed out on bail until their trials.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:18 pm

Antifa is no better than Trump.
They aren't comparable to Trump because they have no power to destroy a nation like he does. You can say the people who follow antifa posts and twitter and show up at rallies to violently confront others are bad people. But they aren't an organization with a leader and meetings and plans to kill like terrorist groups. I don't agree with them either but I don't agree with allowing Trump to divert attention from the protesters and try to pin all damage on the name Antifa. It's a lie.

And once Trump specifically blamed antifa on all the damage, there were all kinds of groups dressing in black trying to look like antifa causing damage all kinds of damage. This isn't the time to be talking about antifa. He should be talking to police organizations, governors, black leaders and whoever else can help come up with a plan for peace and change. Instead we're discussing antifa.

Why do you assume it’s Antifa?
There’s been video evidence of cops destroying property to blame it on protestors
There’s also been video evidence of conservatives going out and destroying property to further their narrative. And of course there are people who are taking advantage of the situation so they can grab some free stuff. Assuming one group is agitating is asinine and unrealistic.

Probably the most depressing meme about the rioters I’ve seen had a picture of people looting food. It was the typical meme that said ‘this isn’t protesting’ People who loot food and basic necessities arent doing it for fun they are doing it because they have nothing. They are taking advantage of the riot to stock their fridges and cupboards which isn’t something that makes me outraged.
Looting a Louis Vuitton on the other hand is unnecessary might as well keep a look out on posh mark because I’m sure there will be many discounted items over there.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:39 pm

What makes this situation, IMO, exponentially more difficult is when our government is labeling the rioters and looters as part of one ideology without proof. I don't doubt that there are some people who identify with ANTIFA who are causing the destruction. I equally don't doubt there are some white supremacists that are doing the same. There are of course those who are just opportunistic and using this situation to rage and loot. But Trump is only blaming the far left and again, IMO, that is wrong. Don't forget that he retweeted just a few days ago someone saying "the only good democrat is a dead democrat". And it seems as if he goes out of his way to blame the left even when there is nothing there:

Rioters and looters should be treated individually, not as a block cause, because their reasons for looting and rioting are varied.
Here is the thing Wells, I can’t speak for all Black people but I think it’s enough of us to say this.

People are looking at “right now” because this is a hot current event and not the big picture IMHO.

Way before Trump and the current events,
extremists on the left/right agitating Black social issues for political gain and treating us as if we do not matter unless we serve their purpose has been a major problem. The left side just has a more passive aggressive form of white supremacy, so there isn’t much of a difference there either.

So what are we suppose to do? Waste time scrubbing each occurrence to keep a score card to explain a problem that we have been screaming about 50-60 years or more? Get mad at Trump because he is “picking” on a group of people who don’t mean is any good because I don’t like him?

Or should we do something different by demanding accountability from both parties and quit making our votes an easy win as long as we treated like the political red headed step child?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Why do you assume it’s Antifa?
There’s been video evidence of cops destroying property to blame it on protestors
There’s also been video evidence of conservatives going out and destroying property to further their narrative. And of course there are people who are taking advantage of the situation so they can grab some free stuff. Assuming one group is agitating is asinine and unrealistic.

Probably the most depressing meme about the rioters I’ve seen had a picture of people looting food. It was the typical meme that said ‘this isn’t protesting’ People who loot food and basic necessities arent doing it for fun they are doing it because they have nothing. They are taking advantage of the riot to stock their fridges and cupboards which isn’t something that makes me outraged.
Looting a Louis Vuitton on the other hand is unnecessary might as well keep a look out on posh mark because I’m sure there will be many discounted items over there.
I already said that video is a general example. I DID NOT SAY those were Antifa members.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd like to know their motives or reasoning and I'd like to see them arrested regardless of their side. I don't like the idea of anyone agitating an already intense situation for nefarious reasons.

That was more tongue in cheek. He can't, but he sure likes to talk crap to his base who seem to gobble his theatrics up.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic