Biden calls for an end to violent riots as it's revealed his campaign donated to a group that pays bail for protesters

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:30 pm I fail to see why paying bail money for protestors is a bad thing. That just makes me want to vote for him even more.
Because it's not the protesters. I'd bail protesters out all day long. It's the paid agitators that I'm against bailing out. The protesters are getting the blame for these actions of the agitators.

There's video of the protesters coming up on these agitators and driving them out, telling them that no one's asking them to spray paint buildings. A few protesters came upon an agitator ripping boards off a building and ran him off. Marched him down a few blocks telling him not to bring that nonsense around there.

One of the buildings these anarchists torched was 140 units of low income housing. So now where are 140 families supposed to live? Get clothes? Beds? They're torching stores so local people who don't have cars can't go get their groceries and prescriptions anymore. There was a woman sobbing that she's got no where to go now.

So, I think donating to these funds is an absolutely horrible idea. These scum should rot. They're artificially inflaming an already tense situation. No one needs to pour gas on an already burning flame. If you're not helping - stay the hell out. The best place for these shit stains is jail.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:38 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:23 am I’m seeing a lot of what appears to be conservatives bashing celebrities or Biden for donating to Freedom Fund. It has been historically common to set up funds to bail out protestors since the MLK days. This isn’t a practice that specifically supports riots.
I’d be okay with it if they could guarantee that the money wasn’t going towards people who were looting. I’d also be willing to donate towards the small business that have been destroyed
That's exactly my problem with it. I'm looking for a fund that's going toward the small local businesses. That's where I'm going to throw my shekels. They need to get back up to serve the community.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Antifa, a “movement” is not an organization or group with a leader. It’s a movement that began in Europe about fifty or sixty years ago and it means anti-fascist. There’s a small group of activists who act like watchdogs against nazi and white supremacists, working on outing them to the public. Word goes out to people who follow them when groups of white supremists rally or protest and they show up with force.

Trump, without any evidence to back it up immediately named Antifa as the agitators. There aren’t enough Antifa followers to have created that amount of damage. The damage was done by anarchists, white people, black people, whites supremacist groups, neo nazis and professional thieves.

How do so many people take the word of a politician who has lied consistently for years. I don’t get it.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:38 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:23 am I’m seeing a lot of what appears to be conservatives bashing celebrities or Biden for donating to Freedom Fund. It has been historically common to set up funds to bail out protestors since the MLK days. This isn’t a practice that specifically supports riots.
I’d be okay with it if they could guarantee that the money wasn’t going towards people who were looting. I’d also be willing to donate towards the small business that have been destroyed
I’m not sure if they guarantee it or not. I’ve seen quite a few online for small businesses.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:00 pm Antifa, a “movement” is not an organization or group with a leader. It’s a movement that began in Europe about fifty or sixty years ago and it means anti-fascist. There’s a small group of activists who act like watchdogs against nazi and white supremacists, working on outing them to the public. Word goes out to people who follow them when groups of white supremists rally or protest and they show up with force.

Trump, without any evidence to back it up immediately named Antifa as the agitators. There aren’t enough Antifa followers to have created that amount of damage. The damage was done by anarchists, white people, black people, whites supremacist groups, neo nazis and professional thieves.

How do so many people take the word of a politician who has lied consistently for years. I don’t get it.

Antifa is no better than Trump.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:18 pm
Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:00 pm Antifa, a “movement” is not an organization or group with a leader. It’s a movement that began in Europe about fifty or sixty years ago and it means anti-fascist. There’s a small group of activists who act like watchdogs against nazi and white supremacists, working on outing them to the public. Word goes out to people who follow them when groups of white supremists rally or protest and they show up with force.

They aren't comparable to Trump because they have no power to destroy a nation like he does. You can say the people who follow antifa posts and twitter and show up at rallies to violently confront others are bad people. But they aren't an organization with a leader and meetings and plans to kill like terrorist groups. I don't agree with them either but I don't agree with allowing Trump to divert attention from the protesters and try to pin all damage on the name Antifa. It's a lie.

And once Trump specifically blamed antifa on all the damage, there were all kinds of groups dressing in black trying to look like antifa causing damage all kinds of damage. This isn't the time to be talking about antifa. He should be talking to police organizations, governors, black leaders and whoever else can help come up with a plan for peace and change. Instead we're discussing antifa.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:20 pm

They aren't comparable to Trump because they have no power to destroy a nation like he does. You can say the people who follow antifa posts and twitter and show up at rallies to violently confront others are bad people. But they aren't an organization with a leader and meetings and plans to kill like terrorist groups. I don't agree with them either but I don't agree with allowing Trump to divert attention from the protesters and try to pin all damage on the name Antifa. It's a lie.

And once Trump specifically blamed antifa on all the damage, there were all kinds of groups dressing in black trying to look like antifa causing damage all kinds of damage. This isn't the time to be talking about antifa. He should be talking to police organizations, governors, black leaders and whoever else can help come up with a plan for peace and change. Instead we're discussing antifa.

Using this video as a general example.......

We do need to talk about Antifa and far left extremists because this type of behavior has gone on long before these riots started and they are apart of the problem, just as much as Trump.

Idk about naming them a terrorist organization but a lot of the backlash they get is earned.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:40 pm

We do need to talk about Antifa and far left extremists because this type of behavior has gone on long before these riots started and they are apart of the problem, just as much as Trump.

Idk about naming them a terrorist organization but a lot of the backlash they get is earned.
I don’t get what two women spray painting has to do with Antifa or far left extremists. Which groups are you talking about? What other group is a far left extremist group? The only name I heard is Antifa.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:33 am

I don’t get what two women spray painting has to do with Antifa or far left extremists. Which groups are you talking about? What other group is a far left extremist group? The only name I heard is Antifa.
So all you got out of that was 2 women spray painting a building? Or are going to deny that this is a problem and isn’t an isolated incident?

What do you think the left does to contribute to the problem instead is what you think Trump/conservatives needs to do?

You may not feel like this is something we need to discuss but the reality is a lot of us are and its not because of Trump.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd like to know who those people dressed in black are. I wonder if they carry ID.

:idea: I may go through the arrest records from the weekend and try to see who's who.

How can he name it a terrorist organization when it's technically not an organization?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic