Van Jones says it's the 'white, liberal Hillary Clinton supporter' who is more worrisome than the KKK

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

During a recent segment, Jones said all white people of having a 'virus' in their brain known as racism no matter how 'well-intentioned' they may be.

'It's not the racist white person who is in the Ku Klux Klan that we have to worry about. It's the white liberal Hillary Clinton supporter walking her dog in Central Park who would tell you right now, you know, people like that – "oh, I don't see race, race is no big deal to me, I see us all as the same, I give to charities."

Jones was referring to Cooper, a white woman dubbed 'Central Park Karen', after she made a false call to New York City police, claiming that an African American, who asked her to leash her dog while he was bird watching, threatened her life.

'But the minute she sees a black man who she does not respect or who she has a slight thought against, she weaponized race like she had been trained by the Aryan Nation.

'A Klan member could not have been better trained to pick up the phone and tell the police, "It's a black man, African-American man, come get him."

'So even the most liberal, well-intentioned white person has a virus in his or her brain that can be activated at an instant,' Jones, who is the co-founder of several social justice nonprofit organizations, said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-KKK.html
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

LMAO!

the p**sy hat Klan better go protest themselves 😂

Holy shit, imagine if a white person said (xyz race) had a "virus in their brain" that controlled their behavior. but only whites are racist.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There are extremists in all groups. ALL are threat if we want a peaceful society. It’s not a pissing contest to see who’s worst.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I don't disagree with him. It's easy to see racism in the overtly racist groups (think hood wearing, "jews will not replace us", torch bearing protesters in Charlottesville). But only focusing on those groups does not effectively address the problem that is systemic even in liberal groups/individuals.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Didn't Malcolm X claim basically the same thing back in the 60's?
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The KKK bombed churches and burned crosses on black owned homes. Van Jones needs to recognize.
LittleMermaid wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:17 pm During a recent segment, Jones said all white people of having a 'virus' in their brain known as racism no matter how 'well-intentioned' they may be.

'It's not the racist white person who is in the Ku Klux Klan that we have to worry about. It's the white liberal Hillary Clinton supporter walking her dog in Central Park who would tell you right now, you know, people like that – "oh, I don't see race, race is no big deal to me, I see us all as the same, I give to charities."

Jones was referring to Cooper, a white woman dubbed 'Central Park Karen', after she made a false call to New York City police, claiming that an African American, who asked her to leash her dog while he was bird watching, threatened her life.

'But the minute she sees a black man who she does not respect or who she has a slight thought against, she weaponized race like she had been trained by the Aryan Nation.

'A Klan member could not have been better trained to pick up the phone and tell the police, "It's a black man, African-American man, come get him."

'So even the most liberal, well-intentioned white person has a virus in his or her brain that can be activated at an instant,' Jones, who is the co-founder of several social justice nonprofit organizations, said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-KKK.html
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Van Jones also said Trump votes was a “white-lash” for electing a Black president, so he always seems to have beef with White voters.

I find him dramatic and irritating myself.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I just read that him and three other lawyers are going to the United Nations to get the killing deemed a human rights issue
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:39 pm I just read that him and three other lawyers are going to the United Nations to get the killing deemed a human rights issue
The UN is worthless.
Locked Previous topicNext topic