States face criticism for COVID-19 data cover-ups

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

As states ramp up their reopenings, some are coming under criticism for making public misleading statistics or concealing information related to the coronavirus outbreak.

While the U.S. has reported more cases and deaths than any other country, the method for counting COVID-19 deaths varies by state. In testimony before the Senate earlier this month, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, said the actual number of people who've died as a result of the pandemic is "almost certainly" higher than what's been counted.

Such data has been the basis for how quickly states are beginning to open up and return to a sense of normalcy. But government officials in a number of states are facing questions about how open and honest they're being about how the virus is impacting their state.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... a-n1202086
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If only we had some sort of centralized government apparatus that could have coordinated this and issued guidelines.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:37 pm
As states ramp up their reopenings, some are coming under criticism for making public misleading statistics or concealing information related to the coronavirus outbreak.

While the U.S. has reported more cases and deaths than any other country, the method for counting COVID-19 deaths varies by state. In testimony before the Senate earlier this month, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, said the actual number of people who've died as a result of the pandemic is "almost certainly" higher than what's been counted.

Such data has been the basis for how quickly states are beginning to open up and return to a sense of normalcy. But government officials in a number of states are facing questions about how open and honest they're being about how the virus is impacting their state.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... a-n1202086
Yep - I'm sure they've been UNDER reported. Below is only ONE state giving instructions on how to count Covid 19 deaths. That doesn't look like it would elevate any counts, does it?

That's why they've been revising these death counts down in several states, because they're UNDER reporting.
Capture+_2020-05-18-05-02-33.png
Capture+_2020-05-18-05-03-56.png
Capture+_2020-05-18-05-03-40.png
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So what do you suggest they are over-reported by? Like, percentage wise? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I personally think even if they are bumping their numbers by, say, 50%, 50,000 lives in the space of 3-4 months is still too freaking many. But what do I know. I'm just a liberal and according to some, don't care about human life.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The fiasco with Florida reporting has me wanting to file https://www.dms.myflorida.com/about_us/open_government requests.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic