Children taught to administer a drug to an adult overdosing

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/23/us/o ... e=Homepage

Children as young as six years old are being taught how to use Narcan on a person overdosing on drugs in rural Tennessee.

The children are gathered in the library where they are given a scenario. A worker in a restaurant is found dead in the freezer. The children are told that he died from a drug over dose of heroin and fentanyl. After the story, the instructor showed the kids how to squirt the narcan into the nose. The kids were then given two doses each to take home with them.

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I just read this article and it made me so incredibly sad. What are we doing to our kids?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No, just No! Children that young should not be responsible for adults. This is so sad. It something goes wrong and they can't save their parent, they will live with that guilt their whole life.
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

This is incredibly sad, that children are bing taught how to save their addict parents from od’ing. A child should never have that kind of responsibility for any adult.
Progress, not perfection.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

We now subject our children to 'active shooter drills' in school because a tiny portion of us love our goddamn military-style assault weapons more than our children. Now we're teaching our children how to administer overdose drugs in the event the adults in their lives get strung out on fentanyl laced heroin. MEGA!
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:05 pm We now subject our children to 'active shooter drills' in school because a tiny portion of us love our goddamn military-style assault weapons more than our children. Now we're teaching our children how to administer overdose drugs in the event the adults in their lives get strung out on fentanyl laced heroin. MEGA!
The fentanyl issue was around before MAGA ma’am.
Progress, not perfection.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:05 pm We now subject our children to 'active shooter drills' in school because a tiny portion of us love our goddamn military-style assault weapons more than our children. Now we're teaching our children how to administer overdose drugs in the event the adults in their lives get strung out on fentanyl laced heroin. MEGA!
Both of these situations have been going on long before Trump and unfortunately will continue long after him.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Despite the wording in the instructions given, it is most likely the children will see a relative or friend overdose than a stranger. I wish they did not need to know this, but it is similar to teaching them to calling 911. Seconds count and if they can do this it may save a life.

While overdose deaths have dropped a bit in other parts of the country, they continue to increase in Tennessee.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would object to that. There is a movement here that wants us all to always carry a dose of NARCAN all the times. I refuse.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

why?
EarlGrayHot wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:55 am I would object to that. There is a movement here that wants us all to always carry a dose of NARCAN all the times. I refuse.
Locked Previous topicNext topic