Children taught to administer a drug to an adult overdosing

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We taught our oldest three how to use narcan. My husband and I are trained and figured it would be good for them. No one in our family has a drug problem. But, just like how to call 911, how to use an epipen, how to do CPR, etc. It's a good skill for them to have in case they ever see someone who is in trouble. It's something easy that could save a life.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:57 am We taught our oldest three how to use narcan. My husband and I are trained and figured it would be good for them. No one in our family has a drug problem. But, just like how to call 911, how to use an epipen, how to do CPR, etc. It's a good skill for them to have in case they ever see someone who is in trouble. It's something easy that could save a life.
Same here. I took the training and have it in the house. You never know what life may bring, and I'd rather be able to help than be helpless.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:55 am I would object to that. There is a movement here that wants us all to always carry a dose of NARCAN all the times. I refuse.
Why?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

AngelicUnicorn wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:26 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:05 pm We now subject our children to 'active shooter drills' in school because a tiny portion of us love our goddamn military-style assault weapons more than our children. Now we're teaching our children how to administer overdose drugs in the event the adults in their lives get strung out on fentanyl laced heroin. MEGA!
The fentanyl issue was around before MAGA ma’am.
And? The solution was dreamed up by a MAGA moron.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:13 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:05 pm We now subject our children to 'active shooter drills' in school because a tiny portion of us love our goddamn military-style assault weapons more than our children. Now we're teaching our children how to administer overdose drugs in the event the adults in their lives get strung out on fentanyl laced heroin. MEGA!
Both of these situations have been going on long before Trump and unfortunately will continue long after him.
That is not what I'm saying. These solutions have been dreamed up by MAGA morons.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The ages is what bothered me. Six year olds? That’s ridiculous. They don’t even understand death all that well yet. Maybe 12 years old and up would be more appropriate.
Deleted User 1242

Unread post

Wow ! Children as young as 6 are not ready for that kind of responsibility yet. Might be a good idea for maybe middle school age. Must really be that bad down there : (.....so sad. Most likely for their own parents as restaurants children are not going around to save somebodys life to administer that. Usually restaurant employees are trained for that kind of stuff.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:27 pm The ages is what bothered me. Six year olds? That’s ridiculous. They don’t even understand death all that well yet. Maybe 12 years old and up would be more appropriate.
But what would you have them do watch their parents or another family member die? I think it's appalling myself but apparently this is Tennessee's reality. So it's either put these kids into foster homes which i suppose isn't possible or do things to cure the adults caring for the children. My ex had a fatal heart attack. The boys weren't there but I can't imagine how they would feel seeing him die and being unable to do anything. And possibly even if someone had given him CPR he still would have died. Idk but at least the kids could say I did something.

They're slapping a bandaid on the problem. That's the worse of it.
Deleted User 1242

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:45 am
AngelicUnicorn wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:26 pm
The fentanyl issue was around before MAGA ma’am.
And? The solution was dreamed up by a MAGA moron.

Do you have a better solution ? If you do what would that be ?
Deleted User 1242

Unread post

After reading the article in it's entirety, IMO as bad as it is there , maybe 6 year olds do need to learn how to perhaps save a loved ones life. Such a shame, so sad .
Locked Previous topicNext topic