Over dramatic politician wants protesting with guns illegal

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:45 am
AuntFlo wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:23 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:03 pm Seems to me there's no reason to open carry at a protest. What was there to fear? This isn't Afghanistan.
He was protesting his right to own guns

That was the reason to open carry during his protest

He’s a high profile gun rights activist fighting for his constitutional right to bear arms
You gun nuts forget the "well regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment. And 'well regulated' means the government can pass laws not allowing gun nuts to carry assault weapons in public just to terrorize and intimidate. And that is what that F***ing asshole was doing. As a 'gun right's advocate', he's not doing your cause any favors. If anything he's illustrating the need to take these dangerous military-style weapons away from the public and to ban open carry and put stringent conditions on people who conceal carry.
🙄

Of course they can make laws

The delegate shouldn’t be threatening new laws because he was scared

New laws should be made logically not out of emotion and fear mongering

Fact is he did nothing wrong because there are no laws on the books preventing a peaceful protest while holding a weapon
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:42 am The 2nd Amendment only protects the right of gun ownership. It does not say you can be an inflammatory asshole and carry an assault weapon to threaten or intimidate. I suspect we will be seeing a rollback of open carry laws across the nation once the NRA loses all credibility and the GOP gets kicked out. There is no F***ing reason to carry an assault rifle while protesting except to intimidate and threaten other people.
😂😂😂

Who did he threaten and intimidate?!

Holding a gun isn’t a threat and he wasn’t representing the NRA

He wasn’t carrying an assault rifle maybe look up what an assault rifle is before you spout off ridiculous accusations

He had a shotgun but even if he had an AR15 that’s not an assault rifle

He has every right to protest his right to own guns that include buttstocks, ammo, and semi auto weapons

Basically you didn’t read anything but came in acting like you knew everything 🙄
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AuntFlo wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:31 am
Pjmm wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:27 am

He’s a high profile gun rights activist fighting for his constitutional right to bear arms
I don't have to like it or agree with him. While I'm not against gun ownership I do think there's a time and a place to openly carry. I look askance at non police officers that do mainly because for all I know these folks are loose cannons- improper training or common sense to know when to draw the weapon. There are crazy people out there. The people I know that carry conceal the weapon which I believe is a better option. Even then I'm like what are you afraid of?

He could protest without openly carrying. It's his right but with that comes responsibility.
Exactly you don’t have to agree with him Nobody has to agree with anyone

Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the right to peacefully protest with a gun

It has absolutely nothing to do with fear and everything to do with his protest

The only people using fear as an excuse is this idiot politician who is using his fear to try and pass laws

Why are you afraid of someone openly carrying a gun?

The chance of you meeting a loose cannon who will shoot you for no reason is pretty damn slim

You’re asking why the people carrying guns are afraid when you yourself are afraid of something that doesn’t happen nearly as regularly as the media wants you to think

The difference is if that rare occurrence happens they have a fighting chance while you don’t

At this point you have a higher chance of being shot by the police than a regular citizen walking down the street
Still, having a gun can escalate a situation. Take, for example, a school shooting. A improperly untrained and armed teacher or one that doesn't have the proper discipline can kill an innocent or get killed themselves. I know people that shot their damned selves cleaning a gun. Do I really want them to open carry in a protest? Where tempers flare and things can and have turned ugly? No. I don't. Sue me. Perhaps if our laws for open carry were more stringent I wouldn't have an issue. I don't like carrying concealed for the same reason. The training to me isn't adequate.
The second amendment states, to paraphrase, a well trained militia. This isn't one. You're not going to convince me it IS one. And that's why I don't like the idea of open carry unless you have the training given to an officer.

The problem with officers being too quick to shoot also troubles me but that's a separate issue. They need to learn to keep their hands off their weapons. But civilians don't need to add to the problem.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I don't have to like it or agree with him. While I'm not against gun ownership I do think there's a time and a place to openly carry. I look askance at non police officers that do mainly because for all I know these folks are loose cannons- improper training or common sense to know when to draw the weapon. There are crazy people out there. The people I know that carry conceal the weapon which I believe is a better option. Even then I'm like what are you afraid of?

He could protest without openly carrying. It's his right but with that comes responsibility.

The only people using fear as an excuse is this idiot politician who is using his fear to try and pass laws

The chance of you meeting a loose cannon who will shoot you for no reason is pretty damn slim

You’re asking why the people carrying guns are afraid when you yourself are afraid of something that doesn’t happen nearly as regularly as the media wants you to think

The difference is if that rare occurrence happens they have a fighting chance while you don’t

At this point you have a higher chance of being shot by the police than a regular citizen walking down the street

People like you are a far greater threat to our Second Amendment rights than any liberal extremists who want to do away with gun ownership.
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

It is so much fun watching this society slowly revert back to the old west. I can’t wait for tv style gun fights in the middle of town.
Progress, not perfection.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The lunatic doxed Levine on Facebook and said "We're going to tell Mark Levine: We know where you live and armed citizens of the Commonwealth are going to come to your house, to your doorstep," THAT is a threat. Then showing up at his house with a weapon IS A THREAT. Yes he has a right to own a weapon. He does not have the right to use it to threaten people. And no sane person would carry a weapon while protesting. Protesting is supposed to be a non-violent way of voicing your dissent on an issue. There is NOTHING non-violent about a machine whose sole purpose is to kill.
AuntFlo wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:02 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:42 am The 2nd Amendment only protects the right of gun ownership. It does not say you can be an inflammatory asshole and carry an assault weapon to threaten or intimidate. I suspect we will be seeing a rollback of open carry laws across the nation once the NRA loses all credibility and the GOP gets kicked out. There is no F***ing reason to carry an assault rifle while protesting except to intimidate and threaten other people.
😂😂😂

He wasn’t carrying an assault rifle maybe look up what an assault rifle is before you spout off ridiculous accusations

He has every right to protest his right to own guns that include buttstocks, ammo, and semi auto weapons

Basically you didn’t read anything but came in acting like you knew everything 🙄
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AngelicUnicorn wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:56 pm It is so much fun watching this society slowly revert back to the old west. I can’t wait for tv style gun fights in the middle of town.
The Wild West had strict gun laws
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:12 pm The lunatic doxed Levine on Facebook and said "We're going to tell Mark Levine: We know where you live and armed citizens of the Commonwealth are going to come to your house, to your doorstep," THAT is a threat. Then showing up at his house with a weapon IS A THREAT. Yes he has a right to own a weapon. He does not have the right to use it to threaten people. And no sane person would carry a weapon while protesting. Protesting is supposed to be a non-violent way of voicing your dissent on an issue. There is NOTHING non-violent about a machine whose sole purpose is to kill.
AuntFlo wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:02 am
😂😂😂

🙄

Calm down sweetie

The big bad gun won’t hurt you

It was a peaceful protest and there’s no reason not to bring a gun to a peaceful protest when you are protesting your right to own guns

I’m proud of you for finally looking up some information though
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:02 pm

People like you are a far greater threat to our Second Amendment rights than any liberal extremists who want to do away with gun ownership.
🤔🤨

The gymnastics it must have take you to get to that conclusion is pretty impressive 😂
Deleted User 638

Unread post

AuntFlo wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:50 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:02 pm

🤔🤨

The gymnastics it must have take you to get to that conclusion is pretty impressive 😂

No, that award for mental gymnastics must remain with you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic