Over dramatic politician wants protesting with guns illegal

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:03 pm
AuntFlo wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:49 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:39 pm

You're right, it is a dumb argument. I am a little vested because I manage a local farmers market in a tourist town and we are concerned about open carry and looking into what laws that can protect the market from these kinds of protestors.

What prompted my concern was open carry protestors at a farmers market in Alexandria. It was the subject of a FM manager conference in Virginia last November which I attended. Protests like this can kill a local event that is populated by tourists because, contrary to popular belief, most people are uncomfortable with ammo-sexuals walking among them. You are lying if you say it's not meant to intimidate because obviously that is why they do it. And you want to know who the asshole that led the open carry group at the Alexandria's Farmers Market was? It was Brandon Howard from Hopewell. Someone who decided that it was necessary to travel over 130 miles to protest at a farmers market. Seriously!

Given the legal right, these municipalities in Virginia are going to shut down their streets, sidewalks, parks, and other public spaces to open carry. This is going to be the outcome because the Brandons of the state have decided to intimidate, threaten, and sport their manhood on their shoulders while walking through neighborhoods that are not even theirs.
Cool story

Has nothing to do with what I’ve said all along

No politician should be making threats of outlawing shit because of an emotional response

Are you only worried about open carry? It’s the guns you don’t see that you’d think would be more concerning 🤷‍♀️

If you don’t think farmers markets are already full of guns both open and concealed especially in Virginia you are incredibly naive
Several of my vendors conceal carry and I have no problem with it. I know that they have gone through the process to get their CC license. I actually ask (vendors are not required to answer) who is CC as we have active shooter training (short 60 minute) for our vendors who want it and knowing who is carrying is important. I have never, so far, seen someone open carry at our market. And I have never seen this:

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/open-carry- ... rs-outrage

Yes, people can open carry but should they? I'm just saying that I believe that by their display, they are going to see more restrictions rather than less. Again, that discussion is happening in our conservative county. People are all for open carry here unless it starts to affect their businesses.
This is what it’s all about,” said Howard. “Educating people and exercising our constitutional right without fear to do so. There is no right if you have to be fearful to exercise your right to do so.”

Howard and the rest of the group notified the police before their demonstration. Nevertheless, people were still startled.
He notified police and wanted to educate but because people were afraid it should be illegal?!

Let’s flip that around a little bit

A conservative chruch held a bake sale and a transgendered man shows up

This guy scares them and ruins their sales because he used to be a she and their brains just cannot comprehend that at all

They feel threatened because there are children there and they just assume all transgender people are kidnapping children to sacrifice to satan or some shit

Or rape them in the bathroom

Should their fear make it so transgendered people can be on public streets?

Does their fear give them the right to take away others rights?

There’s two different situations now surrounding this guy where people who are afraid are creating laws out of emotion and stripping the rights of other people

I don’t give a shit if you are transgendered or carrying a semi auto weapon in broad daylight it’s dumb to threaten laws out of emotion

f**k isn’t that why men didn’t want women becoming politicians because their emotions?

Now it’s a bunch a whiny dudes pandering to a fearful community and it’s no different than the conservatives when they start bitching about Mexicans and gay people
Deleted User 1242

Unread post

AuntFlo wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:16 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:03 pm
AuntFlo wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:49 pm

Cool story

Has nothing to do with what I’ve said all along

No politician should be making threats of outlawing shit because of an emotional response

Are you only worried about open carry? It’s the guns you don’t see that you’d think would be more concerning 🤷‍♀️

If you don’t think farmers markets are already full of guns both open and concealed especially in Virginia you are incredibly naive
Several of my vendors conceal carry and I have no problem with it. I know that they have gone through the process to get their CC license. I actually ask (vendors are not required to answer) who is CC as we have active shooter training (short 60 minute) for our vendors who want it and knowing who is carrying is important. I have never, so far, seen someone open carry at our market. And I have never seen this:

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/open-carry- ... rs-outrage

Yes, people can open carry but should they? I'm just saying that I believe that by their display, they are going to see more restrictions rather than less. Again, that discussion is happening in our conservative county. People are all for open carry here unless it starts to affect their businesses.
This is what it’s all about,” said Howard. “Educating people and exercising our constitutional right without fear to do so. There is no right if you have to be fearful to exercise your right to do so.”

Howard and the rest of the group notified the police before their demonstration. Nevertheless, people were still startled.
He notified police and wanted to educate but because people were afraid it should be illegal?!

Let’s flip that around a little bit

A conservative chruch held a bake sale and a transgendered man shows up

This guy scares them and ruins their sales because he used to be a she and their brains just cannot comprehend that at all

They feel threatened because there are children there and they just assume all transgender people are kidnapping children to sacrifice to satan or some shit

Or rape them in the bathroom

Should their fear make it so transgendered people can be on public streets?

Does their fear give them the right to take away others rights?

There’s two different situations now surrounding this guy where people who are afraid are creating laws out of emotion and stripping the rights of other people

I don’t give a shit if you are transgendered or carrying a semi auto weapon in broad daylight it’s dumb to threaten laws out of emotion

f**k isn’t that why men didn’t want women becoming politicians because their emotions?

Now it’s a bunch a whiny dudes pandering to a fearful community and it’s no different than the conservatives when they start bitching about Mexicans and gay people

LOL !
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Seems to me there's no reason to open carry at a protest. What was there to fear? This isn't Afghanistan.
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:03 pm Seems to me there's no reason to open carry at a protest. What was there to fear? This isn't Afghanistan.
He was protesting his right to own guns

That was the reason to open carry during his protest

He’s a high profile gun rights activist fighting for his constitutional right to bear arms
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

https://medinagazette.smugmug.com/News/ ... -L6jD5sp/A

Not Virginia, but Ohio. Isn't that "sexy"... :mrgreen:
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AuntFlo wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:23 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:03 pm Seems to me there's no reason to open carry at a protest. What was there to fear? This isn't Afghanistan.

He’s a high profile gun rights activist fighting for his constitutional right to bear arms
I don't have to like it or agree with him. While I'm not against gun ownership I do think there's a time and a place to openly carry. I look askance at non police officers that do mainly because for all I know these folks are loose cannons- improper training or common sense to know when to draw the weapon. There are crazy people out there. The people I know that carry conceal the weapon which I believe is a better option. Even then I'm like what are you afraid of?

He could protest without openly carrying. It's his right but with that comes responsibility.
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:30 am https://medinagazette.smugmug.com/News/ ... -L6jD5sp/A

Not Virginia, but Ohio. Isn't that "sexy"... :mrgreen:
What’s wrong with those pictures?

A bunch of families smiling and spending time together

Is it the guns that make you sick?

Cool don’t carry one then 🤷‍♀️
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:27 am

I don't have to like it or agree with him. While I'm not against gun ownership I do think there's a time and a place to openly carry. I look askance at non police officers that do mainly because for all I know these folks are loose cannons- improper training or common sense to know when to draw the weapon. There are crazy people out there. The people I know that carry conceal the weapon which I believe is a better option. Even then I'm like what are you afraid of?

He could protest without openly carrying. It's his right but with that comes responsibility.
Exactly you don’t have to agree with him Nobody has to agree with anyone

Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the right to peacefully protest with a gun

It has absolutely nothing to do with fear and everything to do with his protest

The only people using fear as an excuse is this idiot politician who is using his fear to try and pass laws

Why are you afraid of someone openly carrying a gun?

The chance of you meeting a loose cannon who will shoot you for no reason is pretty damn slim

You’re asking why the people carrying guns are afraid when you yourself are afraid of something that doesn’t happen nearly as regularly as the media wants you to think

The difference is if that rare occurrence happens they have a fighting chance while you don’t

At this point you have a higher chance of being shot by the police than a regular citizen walking down the street
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The 2nd Amendment only protects the right of gun ownership. It does not say you can be an inflammatory asshole and carry an assault weapon to threaten or intimidate. I suspect we will be seeing a rollback of open carry laws across the nation once the NRA loses all credibility and the GOP gets kicked out. There is no F***ing reason to carry an assault rifle while protesting except to intimidate and threaten other people.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

You gun nuts forget the "well regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment. And 'well regulated' means the government can pass laws not allowing gun nuts to carry assault weapons in public just to terrorize and intimidate. And that is what that F***ing asshole was doing. As a 'gun right's advocate', he's not doing your cause any favors. If anything he's illustrating the need to take these dangerous military-style weapons away from the public and to ban open carry and put stringent conditions on people who conceal carry.
Locked Previous topicNext topic