Over dramatic politician wants protesting with guns illegal

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Another politician who wants to dismantle the constitution

1. He was on public property carrying a legal weapon
2. He was protesting peacefully
3. Wtf is this dude making illegal? Giving out information that anyone can find in a F***ing phone book or online or creating a new law against the right to peacefully protest at a delegates home with a legally owned firearm on public property?

Just more bullshit

I don’t give a shit if you like guns or not the dude used 2 of his current constitutional rights so threatening some dumb shit like he’s going to make it illegal and acting like he was threatened when the whole F***ing point was a to protest peacefully is absurd
Howard said Levine has it all wrong. He called his action on Saturday a peaceful protest. He said he carried a Rock Island VR60 12-gauge shotgun and a Bersa Thunder 380 handgun.

"My goal was to tell him we the people will not tolerate tyrants stripping the rights of the law-abiding citizen," he said in an interview Tuesday. "There was no coercion. There was no intimidation."
Levine said that if what happened Saturday is not a crime, he will seek legislation next year to make it one.

"If it's not illegal, I'm going to be damned sure by next year it is illegal," he said.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcwas ... 266/%3Famp
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Howard is an asshole and it's shit like this that makes me completely against open carry.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I support gun ownership. However, I would not carry (if I was even inclined to protesting) while protesting. I think people look ignorant walking around with exposed weapons. I guess it's like some think those wearing pink hats looked ignorant. I just don't see the effectiveness of it.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I'm a gun owner who strongly supports the Second Amendment. There's no valid reason for open carry at a protest.
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:19 pm I'm a gun owner who strongly supports the Second Amendment. There's no valid reason for open carry at a protest.
The fact is he wasn’t doing anything wrong

It was a peaceful protest about guns and that’s how he chose to protest
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:09 pm I support gun ownership. However, I would not carry (if I was even inclined to protesting) while protesting. I think people look ignorant walking around with exposed weapons. I guess it's like some think those wearing pink hats looked ignorant. I just don't see the effectiveness of it.
Was it a good way to protest? Probably not

Was it illegal? No

Should it be? No

He has the right to protest and the right to open carry in that state
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:09 pm I support gun ownership. However, I would not carry (if I was even inclined to protesting) while protesting. I think people look ignorant walking around with exposed weapons. I guess it's like some think those wearing pink hats looked ignorant. I just don't see the effectiveness of it.
It's purely for intimidation. I wouldn't compare it to the pink hats but rather to white hoods.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Alexandria already prohibits open carry of some kinds of firearms in public places. I can see them expanding that to all long guns.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

AuntFlo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:45 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:19 pm I'm a gun owner who strongly supports the Second Amendment. There's no valid reason for open carry at a protest.
The fact is he wasn’t doing anything wrong

It was a peaceful protest about guns and that’s how he chose to protest

We as gun owners have the duty to behave like mature, reasonable adults. Showing up openly armed at a protest is not mature or responsible.
Deleted User 1242

Unread post

Over dramatic politician would be correct.
Locked Previous topicNext topic