Over dramatic politician wants protesting with guns illegal

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AuntFlo wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:44 pm
AngelicUnicorn wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:56 pm It is so much fun watching this society slowly revert back to the old west. I can’t wait for tv style gun fights in the middle of town.
The Wild West had strict gun laws
Didn't some of those towns restrict carrying weapons inside town limits or unless you were in your home?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

https://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/ ... gislation/

Now grandpas are bringing AR toting 11 year olds into gun legislation meetings.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:11 pm https://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/ ... gislation/

Now grandpas are bringing AR toting 11 year olds into gun legislation meetings.
That's the kind of thing that make folks like me question the common sense of gun owners. The ones I know well seem to have common sense. And that's cool. They can own them idc. But when someone lets a young kid bring a loaded weapon bigger than they are out into public where the mental ill and possibly violent people are? Yeah grandpa doesn't need to own a BB gun much less an AR. And no one will change my mind on this.
Deleted User 1242

Unread post

Goodnight, some of the comments should really make many want to open carry. Really odd those that try and lecture against open carry are all for baby killing. So difficult to take any seriously.
It was a peaceful protest. He didn't take out and aim at this over dramatic politician. No yelling , tossing trash, crapping on his car. A quiet protest openly carry which is totally legal.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t think you should have the freedom to make people fear for their lives.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:45 am
AuntFlo wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:23 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:03 pm Seems to me there's no reason to open carry at a protest. What was there to fear? This isn't Afghanistan.
He was protesting his right to own guns

That was the reason to open carry during his protest

He’s a high profile gun rights activist fighting for his constitutional right to bear arms
You gun nuts forget the "well regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment. And 'well regulated' means the government can pass laws not allowing gun nuts to carry assault weapons in public just to terrorize and intimidate. And that is what that F***ing asshole was doing. As a 'gun right's advocate', he's not doing your cause any favors. If anything he's illustrating the need to take these dangerous military-style weapons away from the public and to ban open carry and put stringent conditions on people who conceal carry.
You anti gun nuts forget what the term "well regulated" implied during that era.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:53 pm
AuntFlo wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:23 pm

He was protesting his right to own guns

That was the reason to open carry during his protest

He’s a high profile gun rights activist fighting for his constitutional right to bear arms
You gun nuts forget the "well regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment. And 'well regulated' means the government can pass laws not allowing gun nuts to carry assault weapons in public just to terrorize and intimidate. And that is what that F***ing asshole was doing. As a 'gun right's advocate', he's not doing your cause any favors. If anything he's illustrating the need to take these dangerous military-style weapons away from the public and to ban open carry and put stringent conditions on people who conceal carry.
You anti gun nuts forget what the term "well regulated" implied during that era.
That was then when it took how many minutes to reload a musket? Probably long enough that you were better off doing some killing with your bayonet. This is now when you can kill how many people in minutes with a semi automatic? If these questions make me an anti gun nut so be it.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:14 pm
Carpy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:53 pm

That was then when it took how many minutes to reload a musket? Probably long enough that you were better off doing some killing with your bayonet. This is now when you can kill how many people in minutes with a semi automatic? If these questions make me an anti gun nut so be it.
Case in point.
Locked Previous topicNext topic