'What the hell is that?': Trump mocks 'Parasite' winning Best Picture at the Oscars because it's 'some movie from South

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

President Donald Trump went off on the film "Parasite" for winning Best Picture at the 2020 Academy Awards because it was made in South Korea.

The president criticized this year's Oscar during a rally in Colorado Springs, Colorado, on Thursday.

"What the hell is that? We got enough problems with South Korea with trade," he said during the rally. "On top of it, they give them best movie of the year?"

"Was it good? I don't even know," he continued.

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald- ... rea-2020-2

Deleted User 638

Unread post

He is so clueless.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I love the random black guy who always shows up with his Trump shirt because he knows they’re going to whisk him right up in front of the camera.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

You know it drives him crazy that the Obamas won an Oscar. So he get to dis the Oscars and appeal to his xenophobic base in just one statement. Does anyone think that he or a single person at his rally has seen "Parasite"?

And "Gone with the Wind"? Seriously? Let's give a shout out to Southern Flaggers as well.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:27 am You know it drives him crazy that the Obamas won an Oscar. So he get to dis the Oscars and appeal to his xenophobic base in just one statement. Does anyone think that he or a single person at his rally has seen "Parasite"?

And "Gone with the Wind"? Seriously? Let's give a shout out to Southern Flaggers as well.
There were no guns or car chases in Parasite so you know his base didn’t see it.

Is this what he does at these fundraisers he holds every week? Just riffs on everything he hates and his audience boos to show they love him?
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He wouldn't know good cinema if it bitch slapped him across the face. And he's not in it, so of course he didn't see it.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

chuckle

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If he even watched that movie, I’ll eat my iPad. 😂 And if he did go because Melania wanted to, I bet he either fell asleep or spent half the movie twittering.
This is a guy who’s “acting” experience is playing himself in Home Alone 2 and The Nanny. I doubt he has stayed awake for anything more complex than Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can't help but wonder if he invested in this movie.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:09 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:27 am You know it drives him crazy that the Obamas won an Oscar. So he get to dis the Oscars and appeal to his xenophobic base in just one statement. Does anyone think that he or a single person at his rally has seen "Parasite"?

There were no guns or car chases in Parasite so you know his base didn’t see it.

Is this what he does at these fundraisers he holds every week? Just riffs on everything he hates and his audience boos to show they love him?
You are so incredibly ignorant.
Locked Previous topicNext topic