Dem debate best moments

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sanders is not saying people can't be wealthy. And im sure he's willing to pay his share of taxes. But it's disgusting that people that make their fortune on the backs of those who work for pennies in comparison (looking at you Bezos) are hoarding wealth. There is literally nothing in the world that somebody who has 10 billion dollars can't do with 5 billion. Or even 1 billion. Share the wealth and let other people have opportunities. When people are homeless or working three jobs or giving up school to pay medical expenses, its obscene to *not* tax these people.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:35 pm
Lexy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:20 pm Three houses Bernie. Oh forgive me for having a summer house! Oh really? A summer house? Must be nice, and if everything is equal? How many of us are gonna get a summer house?
Notice Bernie says there should be no billionaires, never no millionaires? how convenient for him.
Based on where incomes, cost of living and the housing markets are, millionaires are common. That’s not a problem.

Too big a gap between the richest and poorest can be a problem for democracy. We’re already seeing Amazon under Jeff Bezos, the richest man in the world, taking over retail while other retail stores are going bankrupt every day. Imagine if they become the only place to buy things and work? Small business owners can’t compete with Amazons low prices and one day delivery. A handful of people in charge of billions of our economy’s dollars can be a bad thing.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I gotta say....for as many digs that were made toward Bloomberg, he actually did make some good ones himself, particularly at Sanders from the snippets I've been seeing on the news and Twitter of the debate last night.

I don't believe Bloomberg will be able to become the Democrat primary candidate. I do strongly feel that Sanders will ultimately take that from all of them and it will be THEN that I watch a political debate.

To see Sanders vs President Trump on a debate stage will be, IMO and at the minimum, quite entertaining.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:32 pm I gotta say....for as many digs that were made toward Bloomberg, he actually did make some good ones himself, particularly at Sanders from the snippets I've been seeing on the news and Twitter of the debate last night.

I don't believe Bloomberg will be able to become the Democrat primary candidate. I do strongly feel that Sanders will ultimately take that from all of them and it will be THEN that I watch a political debate.

To see Sanders vs President Trump on a debate stage will be, IMO and at the minimum, quite entertaining.
bloomberg's problem was that he was a total coward and apologized for everything rather than explain his logic. and defend himself and attack back like Trump does. for ex. when warren attacked him for having employees sign NDA's, that is standard practice for businesses. He could have used that moment to point out warren has never started a business and has no idea what she is talking about. then highlight his own experience. his excuse that they agreed to" keep quiet" just sounded bad, the connotation of that phrase is negative and sounds skeevy like he had something bad to hide. Not that I want bloomberg to do well but man that guy is socially inept. He just doesn't "have it". He looked weak and arrogant. not sure how that is even possible?
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:47 pm
Lexy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:20 pm Three houses Bernie. Oh forgive me for having a summer house! Oh really? A summer house? Must be nice, and if everything is equal? How many of us are gonna get a summer house?
Notice Bernie says there should be no billionaires, never no millionaires? how convenient for him.
Bernie has $2.5 Million? That's not bad for someone who has never had a real job. How did THAT happen??
2.5 million isn't wealthy compared to bloomberg but its extremely wealthy to the average worker he claims to care about. Surely he could sacrifice his vacation home and pay his staffers a nice wage. My point is "wealth" is relative. to a homeless guy on the street I am probably rich just because I don't have to eat out of a trash can and sleep in a cardboard box.

so bernie gets to arbitrarily draw the line at himself? or does he? I am sure his little communist followers will come after his family's acquired wealth in a few decades.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It’s honestly impressive how you understand almost nothing yet never seem embarrassed about it.
water<wine wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:49 pm

Bernie has $2.5 Million? That's not bad for someone who has never had a real job. How did THAT happen??
2.5 million isn't wealthy compared to bloomberg but its extremely wealthy to the average worker he claims to care about. Surely he could sacrifice his vacation home and pay his staffers a nice wage. My point is "wealth" is relative. to a homeless guy on the street I am probably rich just because I don't have to eat out of a trash can and sleep in a cardboard box.

so bernie gets to arbitrarily draw the line at himself? or does he? I am sure his little communist followers will come after his family's acquired wealth in a few decades.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:43 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:32 pm I gotta say....for as many digs that were made toward Bloomberg, he actually did make some good ones himself, particularly at Sanders from the snippets I've been seeing on the news and Twitter of the debate last night.

bloomberg's problem was that he was a total coward and apologized for everything rather than explain his logic. and defend himself and attack back like Trump does. for ex. when warren attacked him for having employees sign NDA's, that is standard practice for businesses. He could have used that moment to point out warren has never started a business and has no idea what she is talking about. then highlight his own experience. his excuse that they agreed to" keep quiet" just sounded bad, the connotation of that phrase is negative and sounds skeevy like he had something bad to hide. Not that I want bloomberg to do well but man that guy is socially inept. He just doesn't "have it". He looked weak and arrogant. not sure how that is even possible?
You make a very valid point in what I have highlighted above.

I don't think he was expecting the slamming he received by especially Sanders and Warren as well as Biden which in and of itself, makes Bloomberg appear most definitely inept yet at the same time arrogant.

They went after him. He had to know or should have known this was coming.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

PRECISELY to what I've highlighted above.

We, may family and myself, are not wealthy by ANY stretch of the imagination. But we have a roof over our heads, warm beds to sleep in at night, food on our table each day and several times a day, and the ability to pay our bills on time.

To others less fortunate than we are, we are "rich."
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:00 pm It’s honestly impressive how you understand almost nothing yet never seem embarrassed about it.

it's honestly not impressive how you use logical fallacies and never logic to support your arguments.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Who’s drawing the line right now? Not us. We pay tax rates depending on our incomes. If Bernie has his way 99.9% of Trumps base would be paying less. 25 million people will have health insurance that don’t currently have it, most of them in red states. And the children of the working class could go to public school through college instead of high school. People are paying attention. That and Trump being corrupt, it’s a toss up on what’s going to happen.
Locked Previous topicNext topic