Female HS track star says lawsuit to overturn Conn. transgender athlete policy 'absolutely necessary'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:17 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:04 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:21 am

I think it’s fair to say that biological males put girls at a major competitive disadvantage. Completely support LGBT community but compromise in areas like this is reasonable.
I agree. I’m also troubled by the message we are also sending to young girls, that they are still second class citizens. A big part of being female, is that history. Being female isn’t about about make up, the clothes or shoes you wear. Those who are transgender should understand what being second class is, and should exhibit the same empathy and compassion they are wanting to receive.
I also don’t like sending the message that transgender women are physically equal to women. I haven’t seen it a lot so this isn’t a generalization but for example.... I have seen trans women threaten to fight a woman as if it wasn’t equivalent to a man hitting a woman.

Transgenders are treated like a second class citizen and worse in a lot of ways. But I think that we all need to be mindful do there are certain uncontrollable factors that makes bio males and women different.
That’s why I said they should understand what being second class is and should show the same compassion and empathy. It can’t be this self absorbed, one way only. How someone identifies, the hormones taken after puberty has begun, doesn’t change biology. Muscle mass grows differently between males and females, fat deposits differently, nutritional needs are different. It’s not simply a difference in reproductive organs and hormones. They are still trying to decide how to address this with the Olympics. Even though the past few times there was no gender testing, it’s being reconsidered because it’s creating uneven playing fields.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It seems too many are doing a man vs woman comparison when we are not talking about man vs woman. It is transgender females vs cisgender females. No one’s denying that men generally perform better than women athletically. What the question is: Do transgender females have an athletic advantage over cisgender females? Honestly, there is not enough research to conclusively decide one way or another. I would imagine hormone replacement therapy would affect athletic performance. A hormone IS why men are stronger, faster, bigger, etc.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:04 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:14 am I think this is the issue right here. For a long time we women (in general) have screamed to be treated just like the men. Now we are angry that we have to compete with the men. Well we can't have it both ways. If we want to be treated just like the men we should be able to compete with the men. Or, if we can't compete with the men because they are physically superior, then perhaps there are other physical jobs that us women shouldn't be doing (such as firefighter). See the conflict?
As women we tend to want our cake and eat it too but life just doesn't work that way.
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:45 am I agree. I know the feminists like to jump up and down and insist we're equal, but reality and biology dictates we aren't. You've gone through puberty as a male - testosterone makes your muscles bigger and your bones and joints heavier and capable of doing more physically.

It's absolutely unfair to these girls. I'm all for trans rights and being able to live how you're comfortable living and respecting that in a person. I've been an ally for over 30 years. That's not an issue for anyone else and doesn't effect others. You do you as they say. However, this most definitely effects others and a line needs to be drawn.
You're right. For example, I wouldn't want to be drafted. I worried about that when I was younger, because if you want total equality that means we register for selective service and could be called up just like the boys. Not me. I'm too old now :)
Should men be able to tee of from the women's tees?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:58 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:14 am I think this is the issue right here. For a long time we women (in general) have screamed to be treated just like the men. Now we are angry that we have to compete with the men. Well we can't have it both ways. If we want to be treated just like the men we should be able to compete with the men. Or, if we can't compete with the men because they are physically superior, then perhaps there are other physical jobs that us women shouldn't be doing (such as firefighter). See the conflict?
As women we tend to want our cake and eat it too but life just doesn't work that way.

You're right. For example, I wouldn't want to be drafted. I worried about that when I was younger, because if you want total equality that means we register for selective service and could be called up just like the boys. Not me. I'm too old now :)
Golf? Is there a difference?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:31 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:23 am
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:09 am

When you're infringing on others and harming them? Yes.
Just like anything else.
I disagree. I think basically this is telling young M-F transgender students that they can identify as female, they can change their birth certificate to indicate that they are female, they can live life in their preferred gender and for all intents and purposes, they are female. But don't go beating "real girls" in sports.
Science is science. Biology is Biology. I know certain groups like to deny reality, but those are facts. Some groups struggle with facts. There's a reason why girls and boys have had their own sports teams. They are physically different.

No, not ANYONE can have a baby, not ANYONE can have a period as some certain groups have been screeching. WOMEN can do that. And most women do not have comparable muscle mass to men which effects athletic performance. Women and men are different. We're supposed to be other wise we'd all be androgynous.

Unfortunately some of us, including these girls, have to live in reality where science and biology exist.
Yes I agree.

Every human should be treated kindly and with respect, but being on a sport team is not promised to anyone.

There are millions of girls that won’t win a track meet and that is just something they have to get over . It’s not fair to allow some athletes more of an advantage than others
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't golf so I have no idea if there's an advantage. I didn't even know there were men and woman tees. LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:55 pm It seems too many are doing a man vs woman comparison when we are not talking about man vs woman. It is transgender females vs cisgender females. No one’s denying that men generally perform better than women athletically. What the question is: Do transgender females have an athletic advantage over cisgender females? Honestly, there is not enough research to conclusively decide one way or another. I would imagine hormone replacement therapy would affect athletic performance. A hormone IS why men are stronger, faster, bigger, etc.
I can only speak for my comments, but I have loved ones who are at different stages in the transition process or haven’t started at all but are still very much transgender.

So my comments take all transgenders into consideration.

Is sports with biological females only limited to transgenders on hormone therapy?

I personally think it should be reasonably confirmed that hormones eliminate a physical disadvantage before ruling that out it but I didn’t know that only certain transgenders are allowed to compete.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:13 pm

roughly 110 yards on a 5 par hole.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:15 pm

The Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden club modified their rules?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:40 pm
Carpy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:15 pm

The Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden club modified their rules?
What?
Locked Previous topicNext topic