Female HS track star says lawsuit to overturn Conn. transgender athlete policy 'absolutely necessary'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:09 am
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:58 am
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:45 am I agree. I know the feminists like to jump up and down and insist we're equal, but reality and biology dictates we aren't. You've gone through puberty as a male - testosterone makes your muscles bigger and your bones and joints heavier and capable of doing more physically.

It's absolutely unfair to these girls. I'm all for trans rights and being able to live how you're comfortable living and respecting that in a person. I've been an ally for over 30 years. That's not an issue for anyone else and doesn't effect others. You do you as they say. However, this most definitely effects others and a line needs to be drawn.
So "you do you" with certain exceptions and boundaries?
When you're infringing on others and harming them? Yes.
Just like anything else.
I disagree. I think basically this is telling young M-F transgender students that they can identify as female, they can change their birth certificate to indicate that they are female, they can live life in their preferred gender and for all intents and purposes, they are female. But don't go beating "real girls" in sports.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s very unfair.

There’s no gender treatment that changes your bone structure and your bone structure helps dictate your muscle structure. I’m sorry but it’s true.

They have an unfair advantage.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:23 am

Just like anything else.
I disagree. I think basically this is telling young M-F transgender students that they can identify as female, they can change their birth certificate to indicate that they are female, they can live life in their preferred gender and for all intents and purposes, they are female. But don't go beating "real girls" in sports.
Science is science. Biology is Biology. I know certain groups like to deny reality, but those are facts. Some groups struggle with facts. There's a reason why girls and boys have had their own sports teams. They are physically different.

No, not ANYONE can have a baby, not ANYONE can have a period as some certain groups have been screeching. WOMEN can do that. And most women do not have comparable muscle mass to men which effects athletic performance. Women and men are different. We're supposed to be other wise we'd all be androgynous.

Unfortunately some of us, including these girls, have to live in reality where science and biology exist.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:31 pm

Just like anything else.
Science is science. Biology is Biology. I know certain groups like to deny reality, but those are facts. Some groups struggle with facts. There's a reason why girls and boys have had their own sports teams. They are physically different.

No, not ANYONE can have a baby, not ANYONE can have a period as some certain groups have been screeching. WOMEN can do that. And most women do not have comparable muscle mass to men which effects athletic performance. Women and men are different. We're supposed to be other wise we'd all be androgynous.

Unfortunately some of us, including these girls, have to live in reality where science and biology exist.
Agree, the biology difference of a male even in transition is still different from a cisgender female. It is not something that can be denied or changed.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:45 pm

Agree, the biology difference of a male even in transition is still different from a cisgender female. It is not something that can be denied or changed.
Exactly. It's one thing the left can't screech into existence.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Just like anything else.

So how should high schools "police" student athletes, especially in states where transgender minors can have their birth certificate changed? Should there be hormonal guidelines and testing? Should there be vaginal exams? What about transgender students like Mack Beggs?

I haven't been "screeching" but I do think of transgender men and women as men and women respectively. Not men (except when) or women (except when). So yes, some men can get pregnant or have a period. Some women can't.

Just curious but do you know any transgender teens or young adults? If you do, do you see them as the gender they identify with, the gender they were born, or some sort of mixture between the two?

Also, one of the young women who suing just defeated one of the transgender athletes in a Connecticut state championship race.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I hope they win. Biology cannot be denied here. There are only 2 genders. You can change parts but that does not erase the gender you were born. Biological males should not be allowed to complete with biological females. Craziness abounds these days.
Just-mom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

This is the problem I see, Woman have been fighting to be equal to men forever. So then when they are held to the same standards in sports then some cry foul. It's either equality or it's not. You can not have it both ways. In sports, in jobs, in life.

Now I agree with equal pay for equal work, etc.

But if a man can run a race in 4 min then a woman should be held to the same standard. Same with physical requirements for jobs, like police officers and firefighter etc. If they can not then they should not get the job same if a man can not meet those requirements.

If a girl wants to play baseball and beats out the boys, great sorry boys, but then they can't bitch if a man wants to join the softball team and is better than the girls, well tough shit for the girls.

We can't have it both ways, period.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:06 pm

So how should high schools "police" student athletes, especially in states where transgender minors can have their birth certificate changed? Should there be hormonal guidelines and testing? Should there be vaginal exams? What about transgender students like Mack Beggs?

I haven't been "screeching" but I do think of transgender men and women as men and women respectively. Not men (except when) or women (except when). So yes, some men can get pregnant or have a period. Some women can't.

Just curious but do you know any transgender teens or young adults? If you do, do you see them as the gender they identify with, the gender they were born, or some sort of mixture between the two?

Also, one of the young women who suing just defeated one of the transgender athletes in a Connecticut state championship race.
It's being rumored that she was 'allowed' to win in an attempt to make her lawsuit invalid. Wouldn't surprise me if the trans community set the whole thing up.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Just like anything else.
I think that comes down to finding a balance between accepting other people’s gender identity but understanding that there will always be biological differences.

Right now, it’s two extremes and no compromise.
Locked Previous topicNext topic