Female HS track star says lawsuit to overturn Conn. transgender athlete policy 'absolutely necessary'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

One of three Connecticut female high school track stars who have filed a lawsuit to overturn the state athletic conference's transgender policy told Fox News Monday night that legal action as "absolutely necessary."
"Because schools are permitting males to compete as girls and women, girls and women are losing competitive opportunities," the complaint reads. "To American girls -- those born with XX chromosomes -- the message is, 'Give up. You can't win.'"

Soule, a senior at Glastonbury High School, said the "continued unfairness" spurred the decision to bring forward the lawsuit.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/connectic ... t-title-ix
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I hope they win.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. I know the feminists like to jump up and down and insist we're equal, but reality and biology dictates we aren't. You've gone through puberty as a male - testosterone makes your muscles bigger and your bones and joints heavier and capable of doing more physically.

It's absolutely unfair to these girls. I'm all for trans rights and being able to live how you're comfortable living and respecting that in a person. I've been an ally for over 30 years. That's not an issue for anyone else and doesn't effect others. You do you as they say. However, this most definitely effects others and a line needs to be drawn.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:45 am I agree. I know the feminists like to jump up and down and insist we're equal, but reality and biology dictates we aren't. You've gone through puberty as a male - testosterone makes your muscles bigger and your bones and joints heavier and capable of doing more physically.

It's absolutely unfair to these girls. I'm all for trans rights and being able to live how you're comfortable living and respecting that in a person. I've been an ally for over 30 years. That's not an issue for anyone else and doesn't effect others. You do you as they say. However, this most definitely effects others and a line needs to be drawn.
So "you do you" with certain exceptions and boundaries?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:58 am
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:45 am I agree. I know the feminists like to jump up and down and insist we're equal, but reality and biology dictates we aren't. You've gone through puberty as a male - testosterone makes your muscles bigger and your bones and joints heavier and capable of doing more physically.

I think it’s fair to say that biological males put girls at a major competitive disadvantage. Completely support LGBT community but compromise in areas like this is reasonable.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:21 am

I think it’s fair to say that biological males put girls at a major competitive disadvantage. Completely support LGBT community but compromise in areas like this is reasonable.
Honestly, I'm on the fence. I don't think there is a solution that everyone will agree is fair. Currently, collegiate sports allow transgenders to compete when conditions are met. I think that high school sports should be less restrictive rather than more restrictive than collegiate sports. I also think in the not so distant future, schools won't know which of their students are transgender and IMO that is not a bad thing.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:50 am

Honestly, I'm on the fence. I don't think there is a solution that everyone will agree is fair. Currently, collegiate sports allow transgenders to compete when conditions are met. I think that high school sports should be less restrictive rather than more restrictive than collegiate sports. I also think in the not so distant future, schools won't know which of their students are transgender and IMO that is not a bad thing.
It is a bad thing when college scouters are at the high schools giving out sports scholarships. We are NOT all equal, nor were we ever meant to be.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I agree. I’m also troubled by the message we are also sending to young girls, that they are still second class citizens. A big part of being female, is that history. Being female isn’t about about make up, the clothes or shoes you wear. Those who are transgender should understand what being second class is, and should exhibit the same empathy and compassion they are wanting to receive.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:59 am
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:50 am

It is a bad thing when college scouters are at the high schools giving out sports scholarships. We are NOT all equal, nor were we ever meant to be.
Transgendered students CAN compete at the collegiate level so those sports scholarships are available to them. Shouldn't they be able to then compete on the high school level and shouldn't college scouters be able to choose? These girls in Connecticut may win their law suit and not have to compete with transgender students until they get to college.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm also on the fence about this.. I don't want them discriminated against at all. However, as a runner I have to think back to the fact that for years women were not allowed to participate in the Boston marathon. Karen Switzer ran in 1967 while race officials tried to physically stop her. Now, it seems that it is a similar circumstance..they can compete, but again they are competing against biological males that are possibly transitioning. They are at a serious disadvantage just like Switzer was in 67'. She was the only woman competing against men that were bigger and stronger than she was. These girls are now being made to compete in their class against peers that are biologically bigger and stronger than them. I'm not sure what the solution is, but I can't help thinking of what this means for women's sports in the future.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic